Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

News: Corvette and XLR show (party too!) 9/25-26/2009

B&K,
Just will not be the same without you.

Bob

We have plans to be @ Road Atlanta for Petit Le Mans that weekend. We have been attending the race since 2002. If things should change, we will be joining all of you.

Bruce :)

If anybody knows how it is we do! Just miss seeing ya's!:blinzel:

We have plans to be @ Road Atlanta for Petit Le Mans that weekend. We have been attending the race since 2002. If things should change, we will be joining all of you.

Bruce :)

In todays newspaper...

Corvette show to be held in Effingham in September

Staff Report

EFFINGHAM — The “Corvette Faithful” will make their way to Effingham once again this September to attend the world’s largest gathering of Corvettes.

Mid America Motorworks will cap off its 35th Anniversary Sept. 24-27 during the 16th annual Corvette Funfest.

Two concerts the evening of Sept. 26 will feature The Jan & Dean Show accompanied by OC Beach Band followed by the Grammy award-winning group, Survivor. The evening will close with a fireworks display.

The weekend kicks off on Sept. 24 with “Lunch with Mike,” where attendees can enjoy a fun lunch with Mid America Motorworks’ owner and president, Mike Yager. Then all Corvettes are invited to participate in the “Fun Run,” a road trip through the Central Illinois countryside.
The opening day activities will wrap up with the annual charity automotive art exhibit. This is the final year for the black-tie-optional event that is held around the Chevy bow-tie pool at the home of Mike and Laurie Yager.

Advance registration is required for the Sept. 24 events.

New in 2009 will be the addition of a Corvette-only car auction held Sept. 25. To find out more information about being a consignor or bidder, go to the Web site www.corvettefunfest.com or contact Jason Webb, auction manager. He can be reached at 540-4330 or jason.webb@mamotorworks.com.

Also new is the First Exhaust Sound-off Competition. This extreme competition will be held on Sept. 25 and 26 with preliminary and finals held each day.

Legendary racer, Dick Guldstrand (better known as “Mr. Corvette”), and retired Corvette Chief Engineer, Dave McLellan, will be among the many Corvette dignitaries in attendance throughout the weekend.

Continuing the tradition of recognizing the decade anniversaries, Mid America Motorworks will be honoring the “9s in ’09.” All ‘59s, ‘69s, ‘79s, ‘89s, ‘99s, and ‘09s will be featured in specially designated area on the Funfest Show Field.

Additionally, owners of 1974 Corvettes (the same year Mid America was incorporated) are invited to join in the recognition of Mid America Motorworks’ 35th anniversary and will have a special parking area, as well. Advance registration is required for the specialty parking areas.

Other features include seminars led by Corvette industry leaders, the “Corvettes for Sale” Corral, a special Ladies’ Zone, and a “Kids Driving Corvettes” program.

Several Corvette engineers also will be on hand and bringing several new 2010 Grand Sports.

We will have a line at the show according to Perrie Richards. Remember the gathering here Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob

Clock is a tickin'

Hi Guys,
Just a reminder that we need to sort out places for you all to stay over the weekend. We have space for 13 between Paula's and my house. As I know it now we are planning to put up; Kev and Mar, Cathy and Dave, Kris and Marc, George, Rich, Todd and Karen, and who else?

Nothing fancy, some on air mattresses, bring your own pillows. Possibly a sleeping bag. The price is right though.

Those wanting a hotel should think about it asap. They tend to fill quickly because of the vette show.

Bob

Hey Bob,

It's Kris, Marc's other half! Not another Kathy! Ha Ha! We are looking forward to this and can't wait! It should be a blast like always.:naughty: Although we will miss B & K. :( Please let us do something to help out once we get there! I know how you and Paula are :pat: and we all do not want you two doing everything, so let us help, K? :wave: See ya soon!!

Hi Guys,
Just a reminder that we need to sort out places for you all to stay over the weekend. We have space for 13 between Paula's and my house. As I know it now we are planning to put up; Kev and Mar, Cathy and Dave, Cathy and Marc, George, Rich, Todd and Karen, and who else?

Nothing fancy, some on air mattresses, bring your own pillows. Possibly a sleeping bag. The price is right though.

Those wanting a hotel should think about it asap. They tend to fill quickly because of the vette show.

Bob

OOPS I fixed that (sorry). We are starting to get ready. Paula has some friends helping out but I'll post if there is anything needed

Bob

Bob,
I'm sure we need to register on the site for our parking, correct?

Yes Kev. You have to register. Lots of flak on the Corvette forum about the big change this year, there is a $25 charge per car admission.

Bob

Brought this forward for Monepit. He is asking if anyone else is going to it. All the info is on this thread Monepit. Let us know if you are going. :wave:

Missy,

Go to www.corvettefunfest.com and look for register. It will ask for your car info(Corvette), I just put in my year and coupe. That way you get the parking pass. I know Bob has us set up again for a row of XLR's again, so it should be good. BTW, Supa and I are heading down Friday night and I think Todd & Karen are joining us--you guys should come over then also and we'll do up the town!!! I don't think there is a Coyote Ugly in Mattoon, though. :chuckle:laugh::chuckle:laugh:

So where do we register? Marc wants to know!:dunno:

:)Thanks Cubby! We will talk about going early too! Let ya know. We can make a Coyote Ugly our selves any where with Supa and Coyote Karen!:rocker:

Missy,

Go to www.corvettefunfet.com and look for register. It wiil ask for your car info(Corvette), I just put in my year and coupe. That way you get the parking pass. I know Bob has us set up again for a row of XLR's again, so it should be good. BTW, Supa and I are heading down Friday night and I think Todd & Karen are joining us--you guys should come over then also and we'll do up the town!!! I don't think there is a Coyote Ugly in Mattoon, though. :chuckle:laugh::chuckle:laugh:

Cuby, Where are you staying if you are going there on Fri. nite too?

QUOTE=cubby558;14909]Missy,

Go to www.corvettefunfet.com and look for register. It wiil ask for your car info(Corvette), I just put in my year and coupe. That way you get the parking pass. I know Bob has us set up again for a row of XLR's again, so it should be good. BTW, Supa and I are heading down Friday night and I think Todd & Karen are joining us--you guys should come over then also and we'll do up the town!!! I don't think there is a Coyote Ugly in Mattoon, though. :chuckle:laugh::chuckle:laugh:[/QUOTE]

You all have a place to stay on Friday night too.

Bob

Bob
Bob and Paula please do not go to too much trouble for us nuts. We want Paula to be able to join us this year at the show. So tell her not to go through all that work she did last year. :D

Bob have you gotten a count yet on how many XLRs that will be there?

Kris and I will be there Friday night also if it is OK. If not we will come in on Saturday early. Can't wait to see everyone. I hope we finally get to meet Moneypit......

Well that is sweet but we want you two to enjoy and we know how that silly paula is! Work, Work, Work, :willy_nilly:she does not need to! We want to hang out with you both this time, so no extra work.:cool: We can stay anywhere on Friday, and or still come in on Sat. Not a big deal! Can't wait!:wave:

Bob

Well that is sweet but we want you two to enjoy and we know how that silly paula is! Work, Work, Work, :willy_nilly:she does not need to! We want to hang out with you both this time, so no extra work.:cool: We can stay anywhere on Friday, and or still come in on Sat. Not a big deal! Can't wait!:wave:
Trust me Missy we are going to have to take Bob and Paula up on offer. You can't get a room anywhere near there. This is normally a big event and it probably going to be really big this year because of the birthday celebration too. Thanks Bob and Paula. I told Paula the last time we were all together not to go to the trouble she did last year. We order chicken and pizza so we can all enjoy the event.
:D

Okay Supa then We are in to go on Friday! Pizza and chicken it is!!! :DCan't wait!

Trust me Missy we are going to have to take Bob and Paula up on offer. You can't get a room anywhere near there. This is normally a big event and it probably going to be really big this year because of the birthday celebration too. Thanks Bob and Paula. I told Paula the last time we were all together not to go to the trouble she did last year. We order chicken and pizza so we can all enjoy the event.
:D

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back