Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Corvette - XLR Gathering - 2010 Colorado: Name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me "XLR Vettefest" rolls off the toungue easier than
"Vette XLRfest"

I agree, and it's our party.:)

If you think Corvette should be first,then we could go with Corvette-XLR Rocky Mt. Gathering 2010 or something like that.

I agree with the above opinions. Rob do you want to put MT's suggestion to a vote? :dunno:

WAIT...........ONE MORE TO VOTE ON.

XLR-Corvette CruiseFest Gathering Party In the Sunny Colorado Rocky Mountains in 2010 hosted by Lil' Woman, She Devil, Supa Freak, Banned Devil, Chop Stick Girl, S:confused::confused:t.
Try putting that on a shirt.

I agree with the above opinions. Rob do you want to put MT's suggestion to a vote? :dunno:

Still like MT suggestion. I wouldn't mind my name being tied into the event, I do love being the center of attention being the teenager I am. :rolleyes:

XLR-Corvette CruiseFest Gathering Party In the Sunny Colorado Rocky Mountains in 2010 hosted by Lil' Woman, She Devil, Supa Freak, Banned Devil, Chop Stick Girl, S:confused::confused:t.

GREAT SUGGESTION, I bet Blue Bunnie could get it all on, she is a wizard with her embroidery machines. What color shirt would look best????

Maybe another one could read ( Colorado XLR-Vettefest 2010) Come on to Colorado and while you are here take ANGER MANAGMENT & DEFENSIVE DRIVING CLASSES. GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF WHERE THE SUN DOESN'T SHINE.:patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot:

Let's not vote on that one. I'd prefer names for events that aren't sarcastic digs at people.
:squint:

Now, getting back to the subject at hand...

CruiseFest plus Rendezvous... Cruisezvous?

Cruisezvous 2010:
The Corvette-XLR Party in the Rockies.

Let's not vote on that one. I'd prefer names for events that aren't sarcastic digs at people.

Cruisezvous 2010:

Well Said Patrick, I hope your post is well taken. Thank You.:worship::worship::worship:

Cruisezvous 2010:
Thank you Patrick.:worship::worship::worship: Very well stated.
Back to the names.
Out of the choices above I vote The Corvette-XLR Party in the Rockies.

Cruisezvous 2010:

Not fond of either one... I still say it's our party and XLR should come first.

We could call it Colorado Cruise-In 2010.

If the name becomes a problem we may want to have two seperate events at the same time/location.

Bruce :wave:

Not fond of either one... I still say it's our party and XLR should come first.

We could call it Colorado Cruise-In 2010.

If the name becomes a problem we may want to have two seperate events at the same time/location.

Bruce :wave:

Bruce,
It's both parties, and there are a lot of advantages to partnering. Would you be happier if we called it XLR-Corvette Party in the Rockies? Which make comes first matter less to me than the fiscal advantages of having both groups as part of a package we can go dealmaking with hotels on.

Let's not get proprietary now, we're both children of Bowling Green.
:)

-Patrick

Bruce,
It's both parties, and there are a lot of advantages to partnering. Would you be happier if we called it XLR-Corvette Party in the Rockies? Which make comes first matter less to me than the fiscal advantages of having both groups as part of a package we can go dealmaking with hotels on.

Let's not get proprietary now, we're both children of Bowling Green.

-Patrick

I understand the advantages of a joint event, but I know Corvette owners and they don't like sharing.
My concerns are that the XLR owners have a good time and don't get overshadowed. If it works out that we can have both cars at the same event, great, if not we will still have our party.

Bruce :)

I understand the advantages of a joint event, but I know Corvette owners and they don't like sharing.
My concerns are that the XLR owners have a good time and don't get overshadowed. If it works out that we can have both cars at the same event, great, if not we will still have our party.

We need to try to get dates set so we can deal with the motel/hotel people. The Corvette dates and the XLR dates may not be the same. I guess that is something we can discuss Sunday and get back to everyone on Sunday or Monday. Will possibly have more on availability at the places we plan to check out plus prices. The name is not really that important since we will not be calling it Rendevouz V which I think it should be as I really don't see anything happening in Las Vegas in August of 2010. Of course that is just my opinion.

I still think late May(week before Memorial day) early June(before Father's day)

Rendezvous V name is already taken so we'll find another name.

So, Corvette owners don't play well with others, eh?

Allow me to point out that the owner of this site is a Corvette owner. I'm a Corvette owner who's offering to plan a joint event that I know- at the core of my automotive lovin' heart, know- will be fondly remembered for the experiences it provides both XLR and Corvette owners in Colorado Springs next summer. And every Corvette owner who will be in attendance will be a CAC member who's been to Bowling Green and seen the XLR being made.

Trust me when I tell you this- the Corvette owners at CAC, and you know them, Bruce because you're a member there, are automotive enthusiasts first and foremost who respect the XLR. I think your worries are unfounded.

-Patrick

It seems like Colorado Cruise-In 2010 is a good compromise - it says what it is ... we all know it's a combo event ... and easy to refer to as CC or CC10 or whatever on both forums ... I vote for this one. It also will not become confused with anything to do with Rendezvous 5 if that should happen.
Your thoughts? :blinzel:
Ruth Ann

Here are my thoughts on all of this:

1. I don't want to use Cruise-In as part of the name because that's what the Corvette Forum group uses.

2. While I understand Bruce's concerns, I also agree with Patrick's statements. In my eyes, the Corvette and the XLR are very similar from an engineering perspective, not to mention that they are built at the same assembly plant.

3. I'm passionate about both the Corvette and the XLR - hence the reason why I started both sites.

I've attended a couple other Corvette events that some well known groups have had, and I can tell you that the group of folks that have attended the Corvette Action Center's CruiseFest are very different.

From what I can tell, it sounds like they are right in-line with the group of folks here.

Personally, I would prefer to have a joint event between both sites because it would make things much easier for me from a financial perspective to attend one event rather than two separate ones. As I stated earlier, I wanted to attend the event you guys just had, but financially, I can't swing it. Each year I attend Corvettes at Carlisle, and try to attend MidAmerica's FunFest, although I haven't been able to make that event in the last few years either.

If I had any concerns about the Corvette Action Center members getting along with the XLR Net members here, I wouldn't be supportive of holding a joint event.

As far as the name goes, I actually like "Corvette XLR CruiseFest", because out of all the suggestions I've seen here, that one rolls off my tongue the easiest. However, since some folks feel that Corvette should come first, and some folks feel that XLR should come first, I would prefer to completely eliminate any possible discontent, and simply call it:

"Colorado CruiseFest"

It's simple, easy, and generic enough that it shouldn't bother anyone from either group.

Thoughts? :dunno:

How about no cruise-in, no cruisefest ....
Just Colorado Cruise 2010?
Can't get more generic than that. :blinzel:

So, Corvette owners don't play well with others, eh?

Allow me to point out that the owner of this site is a Corvette owner. I'm a Corvette owner who's offering to plan a joint event that I know- at the core of my automotive lovin' heart, know- will be fondly remembered for the experiences it provides both XLR and Corvette owners in Colorado Springs next summer. And every Corvette owner who will be in attendance will be a CAC member who's been to Bowling Green and seen the XLR being made.

Trust me when I tell you this- the Corvette owners at CAC, and you know them, Bruce because you're a member there, are automotive enthusiasts first and foremost who respect the XLR. I think your worries are unfounded.

-Patrick

No many don't play well with others. I too am a proud Corvette owner who has been involved in the community for a very long time,so I know what I'm talking about. We put together several combined events each year with our XLR and Corvette friends,so once again I know what I'm talking about.

If you would like to help with the planning great,but I don't think we need you to do it all.
I think the best thing would be for our group to continue with our plans and if it works for others to join us, great.

No many don't play well with others. I too am a proud Corvette owner who has been involved in the community for a very long time,so I know what I'm talking about. We put together several combined events each year with our XLR and Corvette friends,so once again I know what I'm talking about.

If you would like to help with the planning great,but I don't think we need you to do it all.
I think the best thing would be for our group to continue with our plans and if it works for others to join us, great.

That's not the response I was hoping to see.

Am I wrong in saying that it sounds like the XLR group would prefer to keep their event exclusive to XLRs and not hold a joint event?

If that's the case, I need to know that now so that we can start planning the regular CruiseFest that we always have each year at the Corvette Action Center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry