Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

Never to old to Rock-n-Roll

My youngest son,Brad who is an avid KISS fan and has taken me to a few KISS flea markets, so to speak, for company, bought me a ticket to go with him to see KISS at the Indiana State Fair. First off it was warm to say the least, the band that opened for KISS was ENVY, very good band., then the lights and fire began and out KISS came ...I have to say, I loved every minute of it. KISS played 2 hrs solid, they also had a patriotic part towards the end, which was awesome, with the American Flag as their backdrop, and relating to everyone how fortunate we are to live in the USA, and to have Men and Women who fight for our freedom every day, giving their lives, so that we can enjoy simple pleasures. Paul Stanley gave the speech, and said that the way to keep things free was to pray for our soldiers, and recite the pledge. He then invited everyone to recite the Pledge of Alligiance with him...15,000 people ( KISS fans) reciting the pledge. The roar of applause afterwards was amazing. Then they ended the show with Lick it UP......lighting, fire, and beautiful fire works. It was an experience for me, I would go again in a minute...just wanted to let you all know...I loved it.....If you ever get the chance, go, by all means, go! love ya all, jeanie

.... He then invited everyone to recite the Pledge of Alligiance with him...15,000 people ( KISS fans) reciting the pledge. The roar of applause afterwards was amazing. ......

I love that Jeannie .... :patriot: - I am still in Shock and Awe over the fact that you cannot sing as a group on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial the Star Spangled Banner .... I just saw that video clip for the first time last night and it has been bothering me all day - How did we ever get to the point where minority thinking makes the rules?
It is good to hear that KISS is using the stage to encourage patriotism ... really refreshing .... it makes me sick when "entertainers" use the stage to advance their leftist causes ....
I am glad that you had a good time .... 'sounds like a night you will never forget.

Oblong show

I hauled a load of equipment to the Oblong engine show. Here is a video of my trailer and a couple of still shots. Had a steady stream of visitors all weekend and so many appreciative comments. Made it all worthwhile.

The Listers never missed a beat all weekend. The prototype and model Domestics and the Reid ran perfectly. We did not make ice cream but sure could have pleased a lot of people with some. There was no time, we were busy talking to folks and swapping stories. My throat is sore!

One of the nicest things said was "I have been to a lot of engine shows over the years and have never seen anything of this caliber.* Thank you for bringing it here"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuScMmOahGI

IMG_2430.jpg

IMG_2429.jpg

IMG_2428.jpg

IMG_2427.jpg

IMG_2426.jpg

Supa Surprise!!

Hope all the MM's that attended the surprise party had as much fun as we did!! I can't believe I pulled it off until she saw all the familiar cars in the parking lot.:chuckle:chuckle It was great seeing everyone again!!!

So now the questionis who is next?:lol:

Thanks MM's

Supa & Cubby

Bob, that is the most fantastic array of engines. We could use that ice cream
maker here in Virginia (hottest summer, most 100 degree days on record.):mad: You are a most talented guy. John & Jean

Hope you all are doing well! I have been MIA due to a sick computer! Something always needs fixing! I look forward to catching up with everyone! I have really missed this forum!

Hope you all are doing well! I have been MIA due to a sick computer! Something always needs fixing! I look forward to catching up with everyone! I have really missed this forum!

Been wondering where you've been. Glad to have you back on here!!

Here are a few photos of what we hve been dealing with the past couple of days. Withe the forest fires in British Columbia the weather pattern is such that it is bringing the smoke into Alberta. In places visibility was less than a 1/4 of a mile. It is amazing to think that even with the fires 500 miles away, and on the other side of the Rocky Mountains the smoke gets this far. On the bright side we only have to deal with the smoke while others are dealing with the flames.

I know how it can be... I remember the fires in Yellowstone National Park in 1988 - LOTS of smoke!!!! Really fired up the old allergies!!!

Been another long day, but I coulda sworn I saw Cubby today on the I-55 access road just north of I-80. Hmmmm

It wasn't me, Giz; but it could have been my old '04 that a friend bought. He was heading up north this weekend.:dunno:

Glad to hear you have FireFox back!

Been another long day, but I coulda sworn I saw Cubby today on the I-55 access road just north of I-80. Hmmmm

On the way to work today ...

It only took 5 years (I bought the car last year with 130K on it).

Apparently I am not going to the store enough ....! Dave, so glad that you are enjoying your X to the fullest .... We have another member, who doesn't post anymore, but The Professor was also on his way to 200,000 with his.

I'm more than sure that we will not be putting on our annual 5 thousand miles for next year's meet in Asheville because we have made our reservations to "cruise" on the Sapphire Princess to Mexico at the same time. (Remember, any of you that can't make the Asheville trip, we can still get together on the cruise!) ....

Ray wanted to do both since he likes to drive .... he didn't think Ashville was THAT far ... I forget that before he married me he was a long-distance hauler ... to me 4-12hr days on the road seems like a nightmare :willy_nilly: Not so going, but coming home would seem like a jail sentence ... :pat:

I'm hoping that when y'all get together in Asheville and start planning the next year's (which I know you will do) - that you might plan it going West again .... I know we could plan a separate one, but we really miss our MM and E/W Coasters when we do that. Texas had a pretty good turnout ... Utah is beautiful, and of course, there is still Las Vegas :blinzel:

We are in Las Vegas for a couple of days and are meeting up with Jetboy for lunch in about an hour. We didn't bring an XLR and neither did Kent.

We were going to have a quick reunion of the 6 original Blue Bunnies, but only 1/2 of us could make it. Kent and us will do a little sightseeing over the next couple of days.

We are in Las Vegas for a couple of days and are meeting up with Jetboy for lunch in about an hour. We didn't bring an XLR and neither did Kent.

We were going to have a quick reunion of the 6 original Blue Bunnies, but only 1/2 of us could make it. Kent and us will do a little sightseeing over the next couple of days.
Hope you guys have a great time ....
How come no XLR's????

Since the other Blue Bunnies couldn't make it, we decided that we didn't need to bring the XLR. We needed the extra room anyway and drove the Escalade and Kent brought his STS.

HOT here .... summer has arrived a little late, but still brought this Inland heat anyway .... now all I can do is hope for an early Winter - ;)

We haven't been doing much of anything - Ray is working, working, working ..... I am playing with the grandboy a lot .... nothing to write home about ....

I would like to ask those of you who pray to say a quick one for my friends whose grandson (his name is Ryan) was diagnoised this past week with a cancerous brain tumor - yesterday was his surgery, the doctors think they removed about 95% of it ... but the poor little guy has 18 grueling weeks of chemo to get through. They're chasing that 5%. To make things even worse, the other grandson was born without his frontal lobe and has cerebal palsy ...... they are at a high anxiety level ..... could you all just wish them a little PEACE in their lives ..... thanks .... I know you're that kind of people ....:love::love:

Hope you guys have a great time ....
How come no XLR's????

The cooled seats work way better in the STS and I did not want to stretch my luck with valet at Belagio again with the XLR. STS survived fine :laugh:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom