Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

I'll bet Corndog stops at Long's Bakery today and then probably a visit to see Bruce. :lol::lol:

Happy National Doughnut Day!!!!!!!! I wish I were in Indianapolis....

Today I will be happily chasing the 2-yr-old through nylon covered wire tunnels, digging tunnels for trucks in the sandbox and smacking bugs with a 2-ft broom .... :blinzel:

Tomorrow, please allow me to brag a little, we will be celebrating the graduation of my neice who has just graduated from SDSU with a degree in Aerospace Engineering .... she was just 16 year's old when she got her pilots license and is already working for Northrup-Grumman .... her parents house is on the slope of the hill that overlooks Gillespie Field which is the local airport ... an airshow is scheduled for tomorrow ... so the graduation party is going to be a real celebration for her. :rocker:

Ray is just coming in from his 2 mile morning walk ....
Me .... I'm just having my coffee ..... ;)

Happy National Doughnut Day!!!!!!!! I wish I were in Indianapolis....

I bought a few to celebrate the big day. They aren't Long's.

The 14 yr. old that just won the National Spelling Bee is from North Royalton,OH.:rocker:

Today I will be happily chasing the 2-yr-old through nylon covered wire tunnels, digging tunnels for trucks in the sandbox and smacking bugs with a 2-ft broom .... :blinzel:

Tomorrow, please allow me to brag a little, we will be celebrating the graduation of my neice who has just graduated from SDSU with a degree in Aerospace Engineering .... she was just 16 year's old when she got her pilots license and is already working for Northrup-Grumman .... her parents house is on the slope of the hill that overlooks Gillespie Field which is the local airport ... an airshow is scheduled for tomorrow ... so the graduation party is going to be a real celebration for her. :rocker:

Ray is just coming in from his 2 mile morning walk ....
Me .... I'm just having my coffee ..... ;)

You should be very proud...I wish we had more young people like your niece.:patriot:

Yesterday afternoon we celebrated my parents 60th wedding anniversary with all their brothers and sisters. Had a fantastic time!!
Yesterday morning, I was here at the shop painting... as I am this morning. Have to get a project done and delivered before we leave tomorrow morning on a two week vacation to the Oregon coast (Coos Bay, in particular). Taking our time getting there and back, visiting relatives on the way... should be a BLAST!!!

Cleaning

Too hot to be outside this afternoon so decided it is a good time to tackle the dining room. Just finished washing 17 Chinese Orbs of various sizes, next is the Ming Bowl they go in. This is the last room to clean out all the construction dirt and I will be gald when it is finished so I can start entertaining again. I owe lots of friends dinners as they have entertained me so many times during the construction mess.

Rained off & on today on the road... got a $20 ticket going 85 in a 75 zone and no points. I had the cruise set at 83; patrolman said he got me going 86, but said he would write me doing 85. At 86, the ticket would have been $40; but 3 points on the record. He said my speedometer must be off...:dunno::dunno:

Rained off & on today on the road... got a $20 ticket going 85 in a 75 zone and no points. I had the cruise set at 83; patrolman said he got me going 86, but said he would write me doing 85. At 86, the ticket would have been $40; but 3 points on the record. He said my speedometer must be off...:dunno::dunno:

OMG ... with speeding tickets being that cheap to pay .... maybe this group should consider Montana for the next XLR Cruise ... :blinzel:

I was thinking the same thing. The '100MPH Club' tickets in KY at RII was over $200, and they wrote us for 20mph over the limit (70mph) rather than our actual speed (most of us were well over 100mph). At $40 a ticket, It would take 5 stops to get $200 out of me. The way I drive, I'd be out of Montana before that happened.:laugh::laugh:

OMG ... with speeding tickets being that cheap to pay .... maybe this group should consider Montana for the next XLR Cruise ... :blinzel:

I was thinking the same thing. The '100MPH Club' tickets in KY at RII was over $200, and they wrote us for 20mph over the limit (70mph) rather than our actual speed (most of us were well over 100mph). At $40 a ticket, It would take 5 stops to get $200 out of me. The way I drive, I'd be out of Montana before that happened.:laugh::laugh:

Only problem with going over 100mph in Montana is that the law stipulates going to jail, + it's a careless driving ticket which is probably WELL over $40... my guess is close to $400!!

Probably the same everywhere; however there were six of us at the time and I think he was feeling 'generous' to us.

They probably didn't have six flatbeds to tow our cars, or six available units to haul us all into jail. (Almost every car had 2 occupants):lol::lol:

Only problem with going over 100mph in Montana is that the law stipulates going to jail, + it's a careless driving ticket which is probably WELL over $40... my guess is close to $400!!

They probably didn't have six flatbeds to tow our cars, or six available units to haul us all into jail. (Almost every car had 2 occupants):lol::lol:

THANK GOD!!!! If they would have done that,, that would've been hard to explain to the wife!! HEY Honey they hauled us off to jail and impounded the car!!! :lol:

My good friends (and biker buddies) Glenn and Linda were riding their motorcycle yesterday and were hit by an inattentive driver who went left of center while they were stopped at an intersection. They're both okay; Linda broke her leg; it was reset and she was home the same day. Glenn had multiple fractures in his leg and a broken collarbone. He had successsful surgery to repair his leg today but is still in the hospital.

Please drive carefully out there this summer. I'd hate to lose any one of you!

My good friends (and biker buddies) Glenn and Linda were riding their motorcycle yesterday and were hit by an inattentive driver who went left of center while they were stopped at an intersection. They're both okay; Linda broke her leg; it was reset and she was home the same day. Glenn had multiple fractures in his leg and a broken collarbone. He had successsful surgery to repair his leg today but is still in the hospital.

I'm sorry to hear about your friends, Rich... but very glad they are ok. A lot to be said for those "loud" Harley's, huh? Even if you don't see 'em, you hear 'em. I always give bike's plenty of room.

That is a terrible thing to happen to your friends, Rich ...
and thanks for posting, it is a good reminder of what can happen when we're not paying close attention ....

Glad to hear they are okay. No one pays attention to bikers. Bikers have to be both deffensive and offensive drivers.

Sorry to hear about your friends. I rode a bike for 35 years and Tucson made me give it up. To many close calls. Give them are best and for a speedy recovery.

Fred & Ingrid

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back