Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

Wow Rich - better than needing a new brain.

A couple of days ago Lola has developed a "start up" rattle .... have taken her in and talked to the tech twice .... he said "go on vacation" ... so I guess we will cross our fingers and go ...! Only happens on push button start, and only happens on first start of the day ... anyone else ever have this happen??? :confused:

5/20/10
I'm feeling better. Still have a stuffed up nose but I feel much better than I have for the past two days. I also have a cough that I can't shake.
:D

5/20/10
I'm feeling better. Still have a stuffed up nose but I feel much better than I have for the past two days. I also have a cough that I can't shake.
:D

I'm glad you are feeling better, Supa! I hope you guys have a great trip. Drive safe! REALLY wish we could come. Hopefully the next trip. :rocker:

I just got a call from the dealer - for the record, the folks at Sioux Falls Cadillac have been very helpful, as well as the folks at Holiday Inn.

The mechanic noticed that, if he "jiggled" the BCM, everything came back on. Further inspection revealed a crack somewhere on the housing. They have ordered a replacement; it should be in tomorrow AM.

Now to replan my route.....

Sorry to hear about Misty's "virus"... but glad she'll be feeling much better soon!!! And you'll be back "On the road again"...

Not too bad here today... in the low 70's. ALthough the weekend and through next week is going to be 50's and 60's... no top down weather next week:(:(.
Heading up to Virginia City (3 1/2 hours) for tomorrow... Cindy has some work to do for the college. Going to be rainy probably all the way up and back, but the roads should be fun in the X. Virginia is a ghost town that is now a tourist area... with plays in the summer and just a great old town... in the middle of nowhere.
Back tomorrow night in time to do dinner about 6pm, then, @ 8, go to "Rain", a Beatles tribute band that is billed as "the Beatles incarnate". Should be pretty good... as I've always liked the Beatles music.

Beautiful Top Down weather here today, "Little Bugger" had his oil changed. This eveining was a fabulous reception at the Bank at the Broadmoor with two lovely ladies from the Colorado Opera entertaining us. What wonderful voices plus good food. A very private affair, less than fifty were invited. Top down going and coming home. Kept getting hit on, good for the ego when you are 76 plus. Thank the good Lord they didn't see what I was driving as it could have been worse. LOL Weather man said it should be nice all next week. See you all soon.

Rain and foggy today here. Only around mid 60's. Tomorrow becoming sunny and 70's and Sunday is supposed to get in the mid 80's.
Should be a beautiful day tomorrow at the Tire Rack track with North Shore Corvette Club. We'll see how my XLR does against the vettes in this nice little road course. I'll post pictures this weekend.

Good luck out on the course, Dave. Have fun and enjoy the track!! Looking forward to the pictures.

Rain and foggy today here. Only around mid 60's. Tomorrow becoming sunny and 70's and Sunday is supposed to get in the mid 80's.
Should be a beautiful day tomorrow at the Tire Rack track with North Shore Corvette Club. We'll see how my XLR does against the vettes in this nice little road course. I'll post pictures this weekend.

I'm in Gillette, WY tonight. I went to the Badlands today. i was going to go to Mt Rushmore and Devils Tower, but the rain and resulting fog kind of killed those plans. The Badlands were very spectacular to see in person. The "Caution: Rattlesnakes: signs made me stay away from any trails!

album.php

Day at Tire Rack's Test Track

Spent this Saturday in South Bend, IN at Tire Rack's test track with our local Corvette Club (North Shore Corvette Club). Had BLAST! Time slowly improved with each run. The XLR ran great on the track ... the DRIVER needs to practice and improve. :)

Here are a few pics from my day at the AUTOCROSS today.

Spent this Saturday in South Bend, IN at Tire Rack's test track with our local Corvette Club (North Shore Corvette Club). Had BLAST! Time slowly improved with each run. The XLR ran great on the track ... the DRIVER needs to practice and improve. :)

Here are a few pics from my day at the AUTOCROSS today.

Looks like you had a LOT of FUN taking out cones, not that I could have done any better...:blinzel::blinzel:

Looks like you had a LOT of FUN taking out cones, not that I could have done any better...:blinzel::blinzel:

It was a lot of fun, Rod. Surprizingly, I didn't hit ANY cones - I thought for sure I would take some out on the slaloms (the cones down in the picture are "direction" cones for the slaloms).

We have GOT to do some autocrosses with our XLR's - the car handled beautifully - especially through the slaloms. I started in 1st gear, shifted up to 2nd and left it there the rest of the time. I need to get some experience in downshifting.

As soon as I learn how to post videos, I'll post a video of one of my runs. :rocker:

It was a lot of fun, Rod. Surprizingly, I didn't hit ANY cones - I thought for sure I would take some out on the slaloms (the cones down in the picture are "direction" cones for the slaloms).

We have GOT to do some autocrosses with our XLR's - the car handled beautifully - especially through the slaloms. I started in 1st gear, shifted up to 2nd and left it there the rest of the time. I need to get some experience in downshifting.

As soon as I learn how to post videos, I'll post a video of one of my runs. :rocker:

OH... my mistake. Thought the cones on the ground were ones you ran over:pat::pat:.

Yea... these cars do handle beautifully. Only problem is when you have the Adaptive Cruise on, the car will slow you down in a tight curve... had it happen to me several times. In the middle on of the curve, the HUD says, "tight curve" and slows up... man, I hate it when a car is smarter than the driver!!! Seem to have a love/hate relationship with the car... mostly lovin' it though!!!

Unfortunately, this forum isn't set up to post videos... not sure if Rob has been looking into it or not. Rob????

Today is pretty nice... in the 60's, although it seems warmer. Spent the morning planting the garden... 2 rows of beets, 3 rows of corn, 25 tomato plants, 18 pepper plants, a row of string beans, and 2 rows of cucumbers. Can hardly wait to start picking... YUM!!!
Then mowed the lawn.
Making lasagna for dinner... having some friends over tonight. Thinking a nap would be nice... but WHEN???

5/30/10

We had a great drive home today from our overnight stop in Columbia MO.

We are trying to catch up with the really tall grass that is hiding our house and all the laundry from the trip. It's good to be home.:)

5/30/10

We had a great drive home today from our overnight stop in Columbia MO.

We are trying to catch up with the really tall grass that is hiding our house and all the laundry from the trip. It's good to be home.:)
I agree it is good to be home. Doing some laundry from trip right now.

Now it's time to start working on the trip pictures...there's 3,800 to go through.:pat:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom