Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

Going to get my baby...

4/29/10

I'm flying back to NJ today to pick up my 06 V and driving her back to Colorado... I sure have missed her these past few weeks since I moved... I'm hoping to catch the group in CO in May on a Saturday or Sunday...

JT

4/29/10

I'm flying back to NJ today to pick up my 06 V and driving her back to Colorado... I sure have missed her these past few weeks since I moved... I'm hoping to catch the group in CO in May on a Saturday or Sunday...

JT

Have a safe drive home and I hope we see you in May. If you have extra time on your drive home to CO, you should make a run down to Bowling Green, KY this weekend. The Bash is going on @ the National Corvette Museum. I'll be there tomorrow night.:)

4/30/10

We are in Missoula (340 miles west of Billings) enroute to Canada. The mountain passes were absolutely horrible (Spring snow storm).
Pipestone pass just east of Butte (225 miles west of Billings) had a good 5 inches on the shoulders. There were a couple semis sideways in the east bound lanes - glad they weren't in our lanes. Woke up this morning to sun breaks... may be a fairly decent road the rest of the way 9 hopefully...

We are in Missoula (340 miles west of Billings) enroute to Canada. The mountain passes were absolutely horrible (Spring snow storm).
Pipestone pass just east of Butte (225 miles west of Billings) had a good 5 inches on the shoulders. There were a couple semis sideways in the east bound lanes - glad they weren't in our lanes. Woke up this morning to sun breaks... may be a fairly decent road the rest of the way 9 hopefully...

Are you in the XLR??? Have a safe trip.

The sun is out here in Chicago, mid 60's - had the top down going to work this morning. I love morning drives with the top down, its so peaceful as the sun comes up. Its supposed to get close to 80 today - will definitely have to head out at lunch and soak in some nice weather. I hope the rain holds off long enough to get home after work.

This weekend is supposed start off sunny, then rain. My family is in for a VERY difficult weekend... we have decided to put our 16 1/2 yo Siberian Husky down tomorrow. :(

The sun is out here in Chicago, mid 60's - had the top down going to work this morning. I love morning drives with the top down, its so peaceful as the sun comes up. Its supposed to get close to 80 today - will definitely have to head out at lunch and soak in some nice weather. I hope the rain holds off long enough to get home after work.

This weekend is supposed start off sunny, then rain. My family is in for a VERY difficult weekend... we have decided to put our 16 1/2 yo Siberian Husky down tomorrow. :(
Sorry to hear that Chicago Dave. That is always a hard decision to make and a hard thing to do.

My family is in for a VERY difficult weekend... we have decided to put our 16 1/2 yo Siberian Husky down tomorrow. :(

I'm really sorry. It's such a hard, hard decision to make. I'll be thinking of you guys.
~Cathy

Dave,I'll be thinking of you and your family.

I'm headed down to Bowling Green today after work. A young guy that I work with will be going along with me. He just broke up with his long time girl friend, so I thought a change of scenery might do him some good. I hope you all have a great weekend.:wave:

That will be a great weekend for him--Great looking cars, great people to hang with and great looking women as well(Photo Girl & Photo Mom):):) Have fun this weekend, Bruce!! Buy me some (3-4) raffle tickets on the Convertible(drawing Sat. Maybe I'll be lucky, my birthday is Monday!!)--I'll pay you back!!

Dave,I'll be thinking of you and your family.

I'm headed down to Bowling Green today after work. A young guy that I work with will be going along with me. He just broke up with his long time girl friend, so I thought a change of scenery might do him some good. I hope you all have a great weekend.:wave:

Road trips are good for broken hearts - just ask Barbie!
She had a blast last year going with us to the Biltmore and pondering other future po$$ibilities... :chuckle

I bet there's a nice "Vette girl" for this guy somewhere ;)

Have fun! Say hi to Kathy and Jeanie.
~Q

5/2/10

Cloudy day now, but comfortable temperature. Watching my son, Jared's first baseball game (2 rbi's on 2 hits). I love watching him play his sports (had a great breakaway goal yesterday in his soccer game).

Glad to be home

We got home from Bowling Green, KY about an hour ago. It was a very rainy weekend. There was major flooding south of BG. I-40 & I-24 near Nashville were closed do to flooding (there were 7 deaths on Saturday due to drowning). We had a tough drive home due to all of the hard rain and standing water on I-65.

We still enjoyed ourselves. Sorry Cubby, you didn't win the Corvette.

I'm glad the rain didn't dampen your fun.

I did a variety of things this weekend: drove the XLR with the top DOWN several times in spite of the threat of rain in the weather reports ( we didn't really get any), bought a camera for my Colorado trip (a Canon SX210IS, mainly for the small size, zoom and eye-fi capabilities - thanks to those who submitted recommendations!) and took and PASSED my Ohio Insurance Producers exam (whick is my "Plan B" for future employment).

Now Monday is looming.....

Are you in the XLR??? Have a safe trip.

No, actually we took our Jeep Liberty... glad we did, too. Having four wheel drive was real nice through the passes. Besides, we are travelling with another couple. Not sure how we're going to get all the wine we purchased back to MT... along with our luggage. Of course, the wine IS more important than the luggage:blinzel::blinzel:

REALLY sorry to hear about your Husky... I do know how hard it is to make that decision

I'm glad the rain didn't dampen your fun.

I did a variety of things this weekend: drove the XLR with the top DOWN several times in spite of the threat of rain in the weather reports ( we didn't really get any), bought a camera for my Colorado trip (a Canon SX210IS, mainly for the small size, zoom and eye-fi capabilities - thanks to those who submitted recommendations!) and took and PASSED my Ohio Insurance Producers exam (whick is my "Plan B" for future employment).

Now Monday is looming.....

Congrats on your camera purchase Rich. You'll love Canon's IS, its one of the best in the industry.

5/3/10

A beautiful day here, what a difference from the last couple of days. Plenty to do this week...mowing and washing the cars. We have 3 birthdays and Mother's Day coming up. There is plenty to get done before we leave for CO in a few weeks. Have a great Monday!

We just got back from a two week trip to Mazatlan, Mexico last night only to find the 09 XLR out of the garage.
The son in law who was taking care of things around the house thought that just maybe...just maybe the battery needed charging so he drove it for the weekend (what a weak excuse )
One thing you don't see in Mexico are nice cars...and never a XLR
Anxious to get it back and it better be clean !!!!!

We just got back from a two week trip to Mazatlan, Mexico last night only to find the 09 XLR out of the garage.
The son in law who was taking care of things around the house thought that just maybe...just maybe the battery needed charging so he drove it for the weekend (what a weak excuse )
One thing you don't see in Mexico are nice cars...and never a XLR
Anxious to get it back and it better be clean !!!!!
We have learned when we are going out of town and the XLR aka Scarlet isn't going with us we hide the key fobs so there is no temptation.
:bash:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back