Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Do you see XLRs??

2 in the area

I have seen 2 XLRs in the area recently. Over the weekend there was a Light Platinum XLR just a couple of miles from our house & I just saw an Infrared XLR parked @ a restaurant near work. There is also a beautiful white XLR in our garage. It's always nice to see them out & about.:wave:

I saw a silver XLR, top down, and with a woman driving it only a mile or so from my house this week. It was not one that I have ever seen before.

On Tuesday: early evening, perhaps around 6:30 pm beautiful shiny black XLR turned off of Parkside Drive onto Centre Rd N in Waterdown, Ontario Canada. (there was traffic between us and I had to drop something off at daughters on Parkside so I could not follow). I don't know the year except it was not an 09!

There are not many XLR anywhere but even less in Canada, I have not seen a black one locally before!

IF the owner of that car is monitoring this site please speak up! :wave:
:wave::wave:

I want to try to rally the quasi local Canadians together sometime. :blinzel:

There is a silver one that I see in my town (Lindenhurst) - but do not see it regularly (only on really nice days). Going to the NORTH SHORE in Chicago on a regular basis (that is where my mom is and where we go to church) - I see a lot of Ferrari's, Lotus and other exotics - I see XLR's maybe once or twice a month whenever I go to church or choir practice.

I saw a silver XLR, top down, and with a woman driving it only a mile or so from my house this week. It was not one that I have ever seen before.

I see you are in the Tarheel state. If you're in the Raleigh/Cary area that silver XLR may have been mine.:wave::wave:

What's funny about this question is. I bought Stella in dec.2011. She is xenon blue and that's the reason why I bought her " favorite color". Before I bought I could count how many xlr's I saw on one hand. Now I noticed theirs a guy that comes to my work (golf course) three,four times a week and it's the same color. The caddy dealer just had one on a turntable in their showroom same color sold in a week. I've gotten calls from friends asking if I'm in the store and wasn't me. To answer the question i see more now than before but that's because this bad a-- car is more a reality with the huge new car depreciation. What I've noticed ALOT is EVERYONE loves the lines and is always asking about her. Can't blame them:cool:

Black XLR in town

Just made a run across town and saw Black XLR here in Hanover PA was anyone here :dunno: with your Black xlr in our area ???

Dan :wave:

XLR sighting

Sunday we were driving home from Whit's house, & I got a call from Tiffany's Dad. He wanted to know if we were headed south on US31 in Schooley's white XLR, he had just passed us in his work van going north. Small world! :wave:

XLR in Niagara Falls Canada

Sunday my hubby went to a car show in Niagara Falls at the Reif Estate Winery. www.reifwinery.com and Niagara Corvette Club Car Show I would usually go too but I had a bridal shower to go to......:( He called me to say there were 4 XLR's there.....NOT really: he was yanking my chain, but reminded me they allow anything in that is clean & shiney, there are a ton of Corvettes as the owner of the winery is a big Corvette guy and the show is hosted by his Corvette club.

Anyway, since it is only an hours drive for me and I had 3 hours to kill I decided to hop in the XLR (that had been washed and detailed the day before) and head for the show with my gift for the shower in the trunk! Well I got there and the main show lot was full but I was told I could park in behind the winery. So I turned around and wheeled into the back lot as instructed. Long story shortened, I left with just enough time to get back to my home town to make my other committment and as I drove by where I had previously turned around - there was a 2009 Red XLR, identical to mine except mine is better because it is mine :chuckle but the owner was not there & unfortunately I was running late so I could not wait for them.

If it was your car and your are reading this, message me!

Anyway, it reminded me that I need a card that I can tuck under a windshield wiper so when I see and XLR I can tell them about the club and find out if they are interested in meeting a bunch of great XLR enthusiasts!

This is what I designed & printed since then, thought you may be interested.

XLR card JPEG,.jpg

(ya, I added Steve even though he is not quite as enthusiastic as I :rolleyes: )

Sunday my hubby went to a car show in Niagara Falls at the Reif Estate Winery. www.reifwinery.com and Niagara Corvette Club Car Show I would usually go too but I had a bridal shower to go to......:( He called me to say there were 4 XLR's there.....NOT really: he was yanking my chain, but reminded me they allow anything in that is clean & shiney, there are a ton of Corvettes as the owner of the winery is a big Corvette guy and the show is hosted by his Corvette club.

Anyway, since it is only an hours drive for me and I had 3 hours to kill I decided to hop in the XLR (that had been washed and detailed the day before) and head for the show with my gift for the shower in the trunk! Well I got there and the main show lot was full but I was told I could park in behind the winery. So I turned around and wheeled into the back lot as instructed. Long story shortened, I left with just enough time to get back to my home town to make my other committment and as I drove by where I had previously turned around - there was a 2009 Red XLR, identical to mine except mine is better because it is mine :chuckle but the owner was not there & unfortunately I was running late so I could not wait for them.

Anyway, it reminded me that I need a card that I can tuck under a windshield wiper so when I see and XLR I can tell them about the club and find out if they are interested in meeting a bunch of great XLR enthusiasts!

View attachment 2223

(ya, I added Steve even though he is not quite as enthusiastic as I :rolleyes: )

Good on all counts! There was a "Corvette only" show at a winery near me that I considered crashing, but things didn't work out to do that. Really wish I had!

The business card is a good idea.

View attachment 2223

That could have been the one the owner of the Niagara Ice Dogs has!

John

Red and Cashmere

Went to a Doctor's appointment at Toronto General Hospital this morning and parked opposite another Red and Cashmere XLR in the small parking garage.

Mine was cleaner!

John

That could have been the one the owner of the Niagara Ice Dogs has!

John

Well does he know about the XLR-Net and is his a 2009? When I first caught a glimpse of it I thought it may be you :wave: until I saw it was an '09.

Well does he know about the XLR-Net and is his a 2009? When I first caught a glimpse of it I thought it may be you :wave: until I saw it was an '09.

It is a 2009,but I don't know him, so I really don't know if he is.

John

Saturday evening we saw two XLRs, one was Light Platinum & the other one was Alpine White with Ebony interior.:cool:

Saw one today

Just returned home from Home Depot, when I left the store to go to my car I saw a Black 2009 parked close by. Drove past it as I left the lot and looked at it, it needed a good wash job. I have seen it there before and talked to the owner but didn't see him this trip.

Driving home from work today " in the beater" and saw the back end of a black xlr. So I started zig zagin through traffic and finally get behind it. First realizing that the center exhaust tips were all cartooned up and the outsides weren't. Then when the light turned I was able to get along side the pass. and see the rear quarter and front fender are flat black. And the next light I looked closer and the rear trunk was misaligned. The pass. side of the deck lid had all the paint chipped of like it got hit from the pass. side. Hopefully he was taking it to the body shop.

When returning home from Mid Ohio Saturday evening as we turned north on the interstate, I realized there was a red mid-year (no wart, no gills) half way up the ramp ahead of us. We knew they hadn't been at Mid-O because they weren't covered in dust:lol:.

Today, coming out from lunch I saw a second red mid-year drive past. This was the first red I've seen in town (neither this or Saturday's were Vs), though there had been a red V for sale 50 miles south two years ago when we bought ours.

The last one through our local Cadillac dealership in June was in, polished, listed and gone before I even got down to see it - only there about 8 or 9 days total. It was "goldstream" and I don't know if it stayed local, but I haven't seen it yet.

It's always fun to see another XLR, so we keep looking.

Over the Labor Day weekend we spotted a Light Platinum '06 XLR on a used car lot a few miles from our house. I recognized the car, it was sold new from Lockhart Cadillac. I used to work on it when it was under warranty. It was sad to see such a fine car on a used car lot.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom