Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Fall Drive 2012

HOMEGAMEROOM

My XLR/V(s)
2004 Light Platinum, President, "Midwest Marauders"
Okay folks, time to think about a fall drive! We can always do Madison (Indiana) again - its a great town with great drives (and I don't need to say how great the Key West Shrimp House is or the Osgood Grub Company!!!). I was also thinking of Asheville - we all know its a beautiful area, and I wouldn't mind seeing it in the fall. The dates would be October 20-21. Who is in, and what's your preference?

The date is approaching rapidly - please let me know!

Okay folks, time to think about a fall drive! We can always do Madison (Indiana) again - its a great town with great drives (and I don't need to say how great the Key West Shrimp House is or the Osgood Grub Company!!!). I was also thinking of Asheville - we all know its a beautiful area, and I wouldn't mind seeing it in the fall. The dates would be October 20-21. Who is in, and what's your preference?

I would be good with a trip back down to Madison, IN... always love the drive down from Indy. Asheville is a little too far for me for a weekend (I am traveling to NJ for work the week before and the week after). But do whatever the group agrees on... I'm in if Madison; can't make it if it's Asheville. :wave:

Oct. 20th is Petit Le Mans in GA (still hoping to make the race), so it may not work for us. I would vote for Madison, IN, it's always a fun place to visit. I don't have enough vacation days for a trip to Asheville, NC. I would like to visit the area in the fall someday. :wave:

Rich, you could have the Fall Drive up in your neck of the woods...just a thought.:wave:

The Clifty Inn is sold out that weekend. The Hillside Inn does have rooms available @ this time. I think I will go ahead & make our reservation while we can still get one of the river view rooms. :wave:

Spring Drive

Madison and the drive to it are wonderful. I urge anyone who hasn't done this trip to join those who know how much fun it can be. Unfortunately, I already have plans to be in Asheville, NC that weekend.

I do believe this was my first Midwest Marauder trip back in 2008. I met some wonderful people who continue to be dear friends. :grouphug:

Hey y'all, Dawn just got back from a leaf peeper trip up to NH but I will ask her if she is interested. If not I might just make this a solo trip. Not a definite yet but I am leaning toward making the trip...

Dave, it would be great to have you guys join us in the CTS-V. You may want to book a room @ The Hillside Inn...just in case.:wave:

Weather

The 10 day forecast shows great Fall weather for Saturday the 20th, 61/44 with 0% chance of rain.:wave:

Is there much interest? Have to move fast to try to arrange. Might cost us his dinner at the sea food house!

Advise ASAP!!!

Bob

Email back from the plant manager says that they could accommodate us.

How Many?

This is an industrial facility. Hard hats, ear and eye protection, possibly hard toes required. Possibility of getting dirty.

Bob

Email back from the plant manager says that they could accommodate us.

How Many?

This is an industrial facility. Hard hats, ear and eye protection, possibly hard toes required. Possibility of getting dirty.

Bob

That may be a little more involved than we want.

I'll cancel the trip to the power plant.

Is interest in this trip fading? Are Rich, Bruce, and I the only ones interested?

Bob

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back