Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Fall Drive 2012

fall drive

Okay folks, time to think about a fall drive! We can always do Madison (Indiana) again - its a great town with great drives (and I don't need to say how great the Key West Shrimp House is or the Osgood Grub Company!!!). I was also thinking of Asheville - we all know its a beautiful area, and I wouldn't mind seeing it in the fall. The dates would be October 20-21. Who is in, and what's your preference?

The date is approaching rapidly - please let me know!

I would love to attend but i live in florida. thats a long drive for me. Is there anything in the jacksonville/st augustine area that anyone knows about?:(:dunno::confused:

I'll cancel the trip to the power plant.

Is interest in this trip fading? Are Rich, Bruce, and I the only ones interested?

Bob

You may want to check with Rich before cancelling, he had mentioned wanting to take the tour. There would only be about 5 people in the group.:wave:

Lone XLR

Rich, we will meet up with you in Madison tomorrow around noon. Maybe we can do lunch out @ the Clifty Inn. Drive safley.:wave:

Wishing I could have made it to Madison

Landed in Cincinatti at 4 pm so it was not realistic to scoot over to Madison today. Just not enough time to do everything I would like. Really sorry to miss seeing everyone!

Will be chilling in the stands at tomorrow nights Bengals v Steelers football game. Hopefully it will be a bad day for Pittsburg.

Steve

Always a FUN time in Madison

We had another fun weekend in Madison, IN. The weather wasn't the best for most of Saturday, but it made up for it on Sunday. We visited Clifty Falls State Park & walked through downtown on Saturday before having dinner @ Key West Shrimp House. On Sunday we drove along the Ohio River up to Aurora, IN where we parted ways. We stopped in Osgood, IN for lunch @ The Osgood Grub Company. It was good to see Rich again & to get to drive those fun twisty roads. We missed not having the rest of the group with us...maybe next year.:wave:

A few pictures

A few pictures from the Fall Drive;

Attachments

• IMG_2656.jpg
    IMG_2656.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_2661.jpg
    IMG_2661.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_2675.jpg
    IMG_2675.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 260
It was a small gathering, but it was a blast! We enjoyed dinner at the Key West Shrimp house with newfound friends Gail and Scott. It's always great to see Bruce, Kathy, and Jeannie again, but a little sad to know it might not be until next year that I'll see them again.

I think we all hit a little rain on the way down to Madison on Saturday, but Sunday's sunny skies made up for it. It was good enough to put the top down (eventually)!:rocker:

Thanks to all for a fun weekend! I'll try to get a few pictures posted too.

Glad you all had a great time. I'm so sorry I couldn't make it this fall. Thanks for posting pictures... It's kind of like being there with you. :wave:

Rich's photo

Wonderful photo, Rich. It reminds me of the village made by that friend of Bob and Gayle's who had the marvelous trains. (To go with the fabulous cars! Esp T-Birds.) btw..it was beautiful in Asheville this past weekend...George

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom