Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Funfest 2011 (Bobfest)

I can't wait until Bobfest! Sounds like it will be a ton of fun!!

I sure hope you continue doing well in your classes, Dev ... so you can come with! It will be a great time! :rocker:

Thanks Marc. I'll let you know a day or so ahead.

Bob

I got my parking pass today! It's for Lot E. It has the wrong shirt size on it so I am going to call in the AM to see if it can be corrected or if it's a typo.

I'm running down to the line again, just like Bowling Green, on getting my car out of the dealer's shop. They have had it over two weeks this time.

Can't Wait!!!

I got my parking pass today! It's for Lot E. It has the wrong shirt size on it so I am going to call in the AM to see if it can be corrected or if it's a typo.

I'm running down to the line again, just like Bowling Green, on getting my car out of the dealer's shop. They have had it over two weeks this time.

Can't Wait!!!

I just called them this afternoon because I hadn't received my FunFest package, yet. Seemed like we got them a lot earlier last year. The sales rep said they went out, but didn't know when.

Don't stress on the dealership, just tell them they have a deadline and hold them to it. I always schedule my car for service two weeks ahead of time (unless its an emergency) and I always give them a date I'll be there to pickup my car. Jack Schmitt has never failed me.

OBTW, mine goes in for an oil change and 4-wheel alignment on Monday.

I just called them this afternoon because I hadn't received my FunFest package, yet. Seemed like we got them a lot earlier last year. The sales rep said they went out, but didn't know when.

Don't stress on the dealership, just tell them they have a deadline and hold them to it. I always schedule my car for service two weeks ahead of time (unless its an emergency) and I always give them a date I'll be there to pickup my car. Jack Schmitt has never failed me.

OBTW, mine goes in for an oil change and 4-wheel alignment on Monday.

I just received my parking pass today, Gizmo. I'm sure you will have it by this weekend.

OBTW - I gotta get my XLR in to have the A/C recharged early next week. :pat: Hope that is all that I need for her.

RSVP for 1, Bob. Thanks

I see we are parking in the rear as a group in the overflow area. I guess it is better than not having a group area at all. Is this where it has been in the past?

ParkingMap3.jpg

According to the map that I received (in the letter), it looks like we could be in the same spot as we were last year (well, a little over, due to the "For Sale Lot"). If so, its a GREAT spot... the X's get a lot of attention.

COOL! :rocker:

7 Days!

Drywalling and mudding going on. You guys will be pulling in as the last construction and carpet guys leaves if all goes as scheduled.

I cut the logs for the chairs yesterday. Had to fuss with the backhoe. Something electrical was preventing it from starting. I had critters build a nest on top of the transmission once. The wiring harness that runs through there became food. It might be that again.

Finally a little bit of rain. With a little luck all this brown grass might get a little green in it.

My pass showed up too!

Bob

I got an email telling me my shirt size was not a big deal, just ask for what I need.

I have zero comfort with my dealer meeting deadlines. :(

Just a word of caution for anybody heading to Bobfest coming in on I-70 from the east. There is some construction on 2 bridges just west of Indianapolis and traffic backs up for 4 to 5 miles everyday. Especially will be bad on friday i'm sure. May want to bypass that area if at all possible. I will try to keep all informed if any changes.

Info on the Fun Run Thursday evening. Notice that it ends up at a street party in Effingham.

Bob

MAMFunRun.jpg

It does not get much better than this!

Weather.jpg

Just a word of caution for anybody heading to Bobfest coming in on I-70 from the east. There is some construction on 2 bridges just west of Indianapolis and traffic backs up for 4 to 5 miles everyday. Especially will be bad on friday i'm sure. May want to bypass that area if at all possible. I will try to keep all informed if any changes.

Thanks for the heads up. I am coming that way after going west on I-74. How far west of Indy are the trouble spots? Maybe I can go thru Shelbyville/Franklin/Martinsville/Cloverdale? What can you recommend? I have no problems with back roads but really hate sitting in traffic. I should be in the area late morning on Friday.

If all goes well, I'm going to drive up solo on Thursday afternoon: get registered, do the Fun Run, party downtown for a while and drive home. Friday nite 5AM (P.J.) and I will come up and check into the hotel so we'll be fresh for all day Saturday.

Bob, anything going on at your place Friday nite?

Reservations made at the Alamo for 730PM on the 16th. We have the entire upstairs. They can seat 40 up there.

Bob

Giz - Friday night is the dinner at the Alamo. You need to come down Friday afternoon. :rocker: Looking forward to seeing you and PJ again.

More traffic info:

The I-64 bridge across the Ohio River in Louisville is closed after cracks were discovered. This is one of two interstate bridges in Louisville and is sure to cause traffic issues.

Giz - Friday night is the dinner at the Alamo. You need to come down Friday afternoon. :rocker: Looking forward to seeing you and PJ again.

I'll have 5AM packed and ready the nite before and we'll leave straight from work.

SCHEDULE

Thursday

Fun Run; I cannot find it on the MAM website, but I think they start lining up after 3:30 PM at MAM. Arrival downtown is about 5:30 for the street party.

Nothing planned at my house but anyone is welcome to stop by. Depending on the status of preparations, I'll join the fun run.

Friday

Arrivals here all day. Nothing really planned until after 4PM when happy hour winds up. Paula and I will be finalizing things. We'll have to leave here about 6:30 to get to the Alamo (only about a 10 minute drive, but we tend to take longer). Reservations at 7.

Return here for campfire, visiting, etc.

Saturday.

Breakfast here. Car washing, line up for caravan to MAM Leave around 10AM.

MAM until either we get tired, there is another huge thunderstorm, or about 4PM.

Return to Bobfest for fun, BBQ dinner @~6:30, fireworks, Karaoke, etc. It is also Amanda's birthday!

Sunday;

10AM, Airport Steakhouse for breakfast.

Oil changed, tires rotated, playing around with some LEDs for some of the lights. We are out of here on Thursday morning. Driving in on I 57. Hope to be at the Holiday Inn by 4PM Friday. Texas is burning up, hope we can get around the fires on Hwy 59 in East Texas.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom