Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Funfest 2011 (Bobfest)

I just got a note that Cathy and Dave will be joining us on Saturday evening

Bob

I just got a note that Cathy and Dave will be joining us on Saturday evening

Bob
Whew .... I was getting a little nervous! ;)

Make sure that guitar is in the trunk!!!!! Get ready girls ..... Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, Car-o-line .... BA-BA-BA!

Oil changed, tires rotated, playing around with some LEDs for some of the lights. We are out of here on Thursday morning. Driving in on I 57. Hope to be at the Holiday Inn by 4PM Friday. Texas is burning up, hope we can get around the fires on Hwy 59 in East Texas.

I just came up that way last week, US59 is well clear of the fires. Take it slow through Cleveland (City cops growing revenue) and Diboll (red light cameras everywhere). Other than that, I made good time getting outta Houston.

Have a safe trip. See ya Friday.

We have our parking pass and room reserved for sat night. We will be there sat morning at 8 to 9:00 for car washing. The run on thurs is tempting, might take off work a little early and come up, (might be my only chance to beat Gizmo in a race!) :wave:

Thanks for the heads up. I am coming that way after going west on I-74. How far west of Indy are the trouble spots? Maybe I can go thru Shelbyville/Franklin/Martinsville/Cloverdale? What can you recommend? I have no problems with back roads but really hate sitting in traffic. I should be in the area late morning on Friday.
I will try to find out the mile markers and let you know. we live in Martinsville but will probably be working in Indy Friday morning and heading out around lunch time. Maybe we can meet up around Terre Haute.

Bob

Is there anything you need us to bring or pick up for you? Just let me know.

Todd

Todd, anything we need can be obtained here. A case or two of bottled water would be welcome by many. No need to transport. Wall Mart is right by your hotel.

I finished mowing tonight. Nothing but leveling off the weeds. We are really dry here. Still, it looks better.

We keep adding people. Adam has some friends from work joining us.

Oh, I emailed the local paper. As long as the weekend reporter does not get pulled away by some other calamity or disaster, he will be here on Saturday.

Bob

Phread, maybe you will have to wear your disguise?

I will try to find out the mile markers and let you know. we live in Martinsville but will probably be working in Indy Friday morning and heading out around lunch time. Maybe we can meet up around Terre Haute.
The construction west of Indy on I-70 starts about mile marker #68 and goes to mile marker #23. Depending on what time of day you may be going thru will depend on back-up.

Dash Plaques for Bobfest 2011

The dash plaques for Bobfest have been shipped. We should have them before the weekend. They will be $3.00 ea. See Cadillac Tech at Funfest/Bobfest.

Our caravan of 3 Corvettes will be driving over early Saturday morning...see you guys @ FunFest.:wave:

Another unplanned project this AM. Tree trimmers were here pruning limbs near power lines. We ended up taking down 3 large, nearly dead ash trees. Got them on the burn pile right now.

Painter finished up early. Furnace guys working away. Trim and ceiling crew in Wed and Thurs. Carpet and floor Friday. Oh, then some people might show up.....

Cannot wait to see you all.

Bob

After a long day I treated myself to a couple of beers out here on the patio. It is a perfect evening and the weather this weekend is predicted to be perfect as well.

A friend of Paula's is baking some home made pies to go with the ice cream we'll be freezing. The same lady, a few weeks ago, made me a coconut cream pie that was to die for!

If you are on the fence about coming, that should motivate you!

We came up with another challenge for you guys today. Bring gloves!

Bob

Yep, there is a story all right, but you will have to hear it in person.

Saturday morning we will have breakfast here for those who do not want to eat at the hotel. We would like to have a count of those interested.

The women usually laugh and point as the men wash cars. I'm fairly well equipped for last minute detailing before caravanning the show.

Please advise.

Bob

OOPS, I just saw this quote, Steve & I will be there Saturday morning too.

Has anyone kept track of who is arriving Thursday? Steve & I will roll in likely early afternoon hope to do the fun run and downtown thing. Would it be possible to have that info added to the attendee list?

We have an important business meeting tomorrow morning or we would have left early tomorrow so we likely won't be rolling until noon but hopefully not later. Not sure where we are stopping for the night but likely somewhere between Battle Creek MI and Gary IN, depends when we get rolling. Anyone coming down from that way Thursday morning? We will be bringing our mini laptop plus Steve's cell is 905-520-6005, no internet/messaging on it though.

Where is everyone going to meet, at Bob & Paula's? I feel like a mootch, dont know anyone yet, just kinda showin' up! :D

After a long day I treated myself to a couple of beers out here on the patio. It is a perfect evening and the weather this weekend is predicted to be perfect as well.

A friend of Paula's is baking some home made pies to go with the ice cream we'll be freezing. The same lady, a few weeks ago, made me a coconut cream pie that was to die for!

If you are on the fence about coming, that should motivate you!

We came up with another challenge for you guys today. Bring gloves!

Bob
You certainly deserved a break! Can't wait!

What kind of gloves? Work? Latex? Boxing? Welding? Driving? Dress? :dunno:

Something suitable for pulling a rope... Hehe

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry