Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Rendezvous IV - San Antonio, TX - May 20-24, 2009

Wonderful Trip!

Now that we have been home a few days, I've been going through our pictures and reliving a wonderful trip.
For starters I would like to thank everyone that attended,you guys are ones that made it so special. Henry & Pat, Dale & Mary and Bob for all of your hard work. Henry picked the perfect location. San Antonio was awesome. There was so much to see and do.

It was very kind of Henry and Pat to host the welcome party on Wednsday evening,it was a lot of fun. Thanks so much for the goodies!

It was great to meet Rod and Cindy who drove all the way from Montana (which is pretty much Canada :lol:), they fit in perfectly with the group.

It was just a wonderful trip and I know I can't wait to see all of you again.

Bruce :patriot:

Fred, I know you warned us and so did Kent, we saw many cameras mounted in the grass and the vans and loads of squad cars writing tickets and we did the speed limit through both places, coming and going, but the barrels caught us off guard. First we where trying to get off at our exit for the motel according to the nav system, it was pitch black out and I came in doing the speed limit of 65.
Which barrel had the first 55 small sign on it I couldn't tell you, the only way we knew the speed dropped to 55 was when Jaimie was looking out her window and she got her picture taken by a camera mounted behind the barrels, then the second flash I saw in my mirror but my plate is sprayed with "flash blocker" so they couldn't read it anyway. I probably was blocked by her. I was really trying hard to get through this trek without a ticket or any mishaps but it seems I have to drop down to the speed limit and darn it I'm driving that way from now on except when prompted to move my butt in a big hurry when two cars lead me into a box canyon and have room for their cars to get in and I have no where to go. I will not be part of a convoy unless I'm leading.:pat:
I warned you about Arizona and especially Tucson. They are installing speedcams everywhere here. If your out of State they cant collect unless you come back through and they have your plate number in the system.

Fred

Thanks Bruce, I think Dale deserves most of the credit for doing the hand outs on Photo shop. He did mine as well as his, I had mine put on photo paper for keep sakes but unfortunately I could only hand out 3 of 16 I had made. The hard part was picking places to stop or eat at and it turned out that they where all good choices.
I'm leaving the screw in my fender as a reminder of what to do while in a convoy and what not to do. It's a bling thing.:pat:
Now that we have been home a few days, I've been going through our pictures and reliving a wonderful trip.
For starters I would like to thank everyone that attended,you guys are ones that made it so special. Henry & Pat, Dale & Mary and Bob for all of your hard work. Henry picked the perfect location. San Antonio was awesome. There was so much to see and do.

It was very kind of Henry and Pat to host the welcome party on Wednsday evening,it was a lot of fun. Thanks so much for the goodies!

It was great to meet Rod and Cindy who drove all the way from Montana (which is pretty much Canada :lol:), they fit in perfectly with the group.

It was just a wonderful trip and I know I can't wait to see all of you again.

Bruce :patriot:

Now that things are caught up around the house, I want to let everyone know that the Midwest Marauders are a great group to hang out with. Glad I had the chance to meet Photo Mom, George (corndog) & MT & Cindy. MissySupaBling, nice avaitor of the family. SupaFreak, thanks for the memories, you kept the group on its toes. CadillacTech & PhotoGirl, thanks again for such a great time. Homegrown, enjoyed your company & loved the stories. Ruth Ann & Ray, Thanks for the goodies, nice seeing you both again. Quinn & DD - Fun hanging out with you two, hope Dave is feeling better. The trip was so much fun, I look forward to my next opportunity to suprise you all.:chuckle

Fred, I know you warned us and so did Kent, we saw many cameras mounted in the grass and the vans and loads of squad cars writing tickets and we did the speed limit through both places, coming and going, but the barrels caught us off guard. First we where trying to get off at our exit for the motel according to the nav system, it was pitch black out and I came in doing the speed limit of 65.
Which barrel had the first 55 small sign on it I couldn't tell you, the only way we knew the speed dropped to 55 was when Jaimie was looking out her window and she got her picture taken by a camera mounted behind the barrels, then the second flash I saw in my mirror but my plate is sprayed with "flash blocker" so they couldn't read it anyway. I probably was blocked by her. I was really trying hard to get through this trek without a ticket or any mishaps but it seems I have to drop down to the speed limit and darn it I'm driving that way from now on except when prompted to move my butt in a big hurry when two cars lead me into a box canyon and have room for their cars to get in and I have no where to go. I will not be part of a convoy unless I'm leading.:pat:
Nasty trickey little critters huh. They got you in a construction zone (double fines) much better than an officer because you problably wont hear from this. These States are cash strapped and these fines bring in a lot of revenue. The State of Arizona is estimating over a hundred million dollar's just this year.:willy_nilly:

Fred

Probably not a bad idea .... if CA could raise some revenue we probably wouldn't be going bankrupt AND have our state taxe raised AND our registrations have been practically doubled. Sometimes I feel like we're being punished and we didn't even have to break a law. State plus city tax in El Cajon (next door to us) 9.75% .... Anyone want to buy a car??? :(

The whole problem out there, as you know, are far too many liberals! Move to a Red state, but even in those states there again are far too many tax & spend politicians!! My 2c. As politically incorrect it may be. :mad::mad:

Floyd (BB)

To the Hampton Inn guests

Just wanted to let everyone who stayed at the Hampton for the RIVerwalk, I received a letter of thanks from the manager of the hotel, thanking us for choosing their hotel for our stay.I will be sending a letter to them on our behalf, thanking them for allowing us the area of parking provided us, our detailer the use of their water and security watch of our vehicles. If anyone wants to send comments or feedback to them of their experience, the contact info is below:

Ms. April Christian, Sales Manager
San Antonio Downtown Hampton Inn
414 Bowie St.
San Antonio, TX 78205
email: April.Christian@ihrco.com
Tel: 210/225-8500

I for one thought they did an excellent job and provided great accomadations for our group. Not if, but when the wife and I return to San Antonio you can bet we'll be returning to the Hampton Inn-Downtown!!

Thanks for the info Cubby. The staff @ the Hampton were awesome! They did a wonderful job taking care of us and our cars. I thought for sure we would get asked to leave.:lol:

Bruce :wave:

Thanks for the info Cubby. The staff @ the Hampton were awesome! They did a wonderful job taking care of us and our cars. I thought for sure we would get asked to leave.:lol:

Bruce :wave:
Thank goodness they only asked to leave the pool.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I snail mailed mine tonight.... with a picture of the Supa Freak and funnel and a warning! :laugh: Holiday Inn Express, here we come! :lol:
:laugh::laugh::laugh:That was funny!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Here are just a few pictures of "BLUE BUNNY" getting towed on the way home from RIV. Long story made short we called about 3 times and the first time they told me that "Roadside Assistance" was off for the holiday :dunno::willy_nilly::mad:, what a croc. I drove her from somewhere around El Paso to the south side of Albuquerque and the needle was below the red mark when we finally got her towed to our dealership and the mechanic had to pry the gas door open as the cable for the cap got caught in the latch and he had to replace the gas cap as well. But all is well with her now. :D
0522091114.jpg
Well it looks as though PhotoBucket won't let me post them on here! What a bummer!

No Bad Reviews Please!!

I do have a request from the person or persons staying in the room below--Please don't give bad feedback to the Hampton on your room. You booked the Jungle Suite:laugh::laugh::laugh:

DSC01106.jpg

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back