Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Rendezvous IV - San Antonio, TX - May 20-24, 2009

Home

We made it home safe and sound. What a great event!!! SA was AWESOME! Will post pictures soon.

Bruce :patriot:

I'm home safe with great memories!
THANK YOU to the organizers. Now, I am really tired. Be back tomorrow. :wave:

Chad & Rogene, home safe and sound.... No tickets,,,, and best of all NO Bambi in front of the car!! Had a great time!! Loved SA, great place, the river walk is cool!

Thanks to all!!

Professor, Standby, Dale, Kent, Jim & Jean,

Thanks for all you people did to make this another great event. San Antonio is on our list of repeat places to enjoy. So many things to do and see with all our XLR friends made this a truely great vacation. Hope everyone makes it back home safe and sound.

As most everyone knows, we Midwest Marauders plan a lot to do in the short season we have to enjoy our cars and you are all welcome to join us anytime--even without your cars!! It is all about the friendships we have made over the years that bring us together!!

Thanks again for a wonderful time, looking forward to seeing everyone soon.

Had to post one;
SanAntonio093277.jpg

Ray & Ruth Ann finally home too! Great trip home ...
I have put the bottles of wine in the "wine corner" .... and am cherishing my memories of all of you. :grouphug: Put the picture of "The Gang" on my desk .... put the MM shirts in the laundry .... washed the cup... put my blinky TEXAS on my lanyard.... and am eating the M&M's!
Can't wait to see the pictures ....
Ray and I were already talking about R5 ... :rocker:

OMG .... THE FIRE STATION ..... I LOVE IT! GREAT PICTURE!
Just printed it ... it' our first picture ..... love the clouds .... Ray wants it blown up and framed!
xxoo

Indeed, many thanks to everyone who organized this event! San Antonio is a great, beautiful city! I wish I had more time to spend there.

I arrived home safe and sound after a marathon drive; I left San Antonio at 6:00 AM on Saturday and arrived home at 4:30 AM (Eastern) on Sunday. 21 1/2 hours in the car, from the southern coast of the country to the northern coast - no stops, other than food, fuel, and restrooms. It's easy to do long drives in such a great car.

THANKS AGAIN! I'll post pictures after i catch up on work and housework!

I do hope we will see some of the wives on here that have yet to join. Mrs. MT Rocket, Coyotte Karen, and Missy Bling AKA Dupa. You have names now lets see you start posting.:D

Another meeting in Effingham

Paula, the boys (Nick and Kale), and I met up with the MM's in Effingham on their way back. Here is where everyone splits up and heads different directions. A tastey Steak and Shake lunch (THANK YOU BRUCE AND KATHY!!!) and some hugs, tears, and hand shaking and all were off. Law enforcement was thick as flies. I hope that all tip-toed thru without any encounters.

RuthAnne, thank you for the shirt and hat. I hope that the packages we sent made it to you and Rich. I heard that they did not last too long.

Another great event in the memory books. I certainy hope that the economic situation will be better next year so we can attend, where ever that is.

The MM's have many more events in the works. We are still planning to have the party here in concert with the Corvette show in Effingham, IL in September.

All my best,

Bob

Glad u made it home safe RA and Ray. We all arrived safely. Can't wait to see u all again soon.

We feel the same way ... :love: ... the best moments of the trip for me is always pulling into the parking lots and seeing you all for the first time. After a year of emails and phone calls there is nothing like that first :grouphug: and that first :beerchug:!

Wow .... I was really impressed with DD when he performed the Kareoke .... :rocker:? Who knew? I guess all of the MM's ... but what a great surprise to me! Next time we meet I hope he brings his guitar. (Oh, yeah .... and I was equally impressed with the pole dancing, belly shots .... and Coyote Karen :)jaw:) ... and well, I guess I just think all of you are great fun.
The group at the Hilton was teriffic .... we got a chance to finally meet and chat with the NC, FL and of course PopBigGuy and Ro .... I think Chad had a smile on his face the whole time ... he loved the River ...
Another great Rendezvous ....
Those of you that didn't come and are reading this - please start planning to attend wherever we are next year (Floyd... Mark....Fred....Pam...Bruce....Jim.... and well, ALL of you! You missed a great :party!

The great part of this story is you at least got into the big A and you had Jim with you.
My new rear 175 tires rubbed the inner liner every time we hit a bump but we made it home safe. Engine light was on for a awhile and finally went out when we stopped for gas. The light for the stabilitrak kept coming on and had to put the car in neutral and turn the engine off and restart to get rid of it while driving. RR tire was down to 20 lbs one morning. seems to be OK now but I'm taking the car into Just Tires and get the right tires put on the rear. The tire manager said the 275's would not hit and he was wrong so he can get me two new 255's or pay for my inner liners to be changed out which will cost him dearly. Sorry we didn't see you at SA but guess you where busy.
Well, almost all of us made it home to Corrales, the only one missing is "BLUE BUNNY" who got towed to our dealer around 12 today. Believe it or not you can make it from Truth or Consequences, NM, to the south side of Albuquerque on just a hair over 1/4 of a tank of gas!!!!! :D:ugh::willy_nilly: I really did not want to find that out, but I had to, you see we could not get the gas door open to put gas in her when we stoped in Truth or Consequences and yes, we tried the remote release in the trunk as well! The last time I put gas in "BLUE BUNNY" was somewhere around El Paso. For the tow truck driver this was the first XLR he had towed. Oh yes, when I called OnStar the first time they told me that the roadside assitance was closed for the holiday! :mad::mad::mad: But, I did take lots of pictures with my cell phone, since my camera ran out of memory, not just once, but twice, while we were in the drive though animal park in Texas and I can't post any pictures until Wednesday afternoon, at the earliest! What a bummer, but all are safe and sound.

Home Safe

Just too tired to post anything last nite. We made it home thru some more torrential rain, but this year we were able to get to our house! (Last year we were blocked from our street by flooding and couldn't get home for an extra day after RIII.)

David just called back to Texas about his speeding ticket - only way to dispute it was in person. :bawling: But he's now an official member of the club, right?

THANK YOU to everyone who added to the fun of this great event!
~Quinn

---RA: he wanted to bring a his guitar... it just wouldn't fit. Maybe next time.

Stephen,
Thanks for taking time from your busy schedule to come down and meet up with us in San Antonio. It was great to meet you in person. Congratulations on getting approval from GM, on being an officially licensed vendor. Your windrestrictor is by far the best product out there.

I am also sure everyone will let you use any pics you would like, to promote your products.

WOW !!! Would you guys and gals mind if I put some photos like this on our XLR gallery? We're totally redoing it and would LOVE to show off these beautiful roadsters. :wave:

Stephen.

Cubby,
You keep beating me to the punch in thanking people. I wished I would have asked him to join our group such as it was to have dinner with us. but my legs where all swollen up from water weight and just drove to a Sushi place to eat and go back to the hotel, called Jim and asked him to step in for me on the BB story. Robert was very upset because of the no shows. Guess I know how Henry felt when there where two other cars lined up behind mine on Thursday for the CC drive. No big deal, it only takes two people to have fun anyway.:laugh:
Stephen,
Thanks for taking time from your busy schedule to come down and meet up with us in San Antonio. It was great to meet you in person. Congratulations on getting approval from GM, on being an officially licensed vendor. Your windrestrictor is by far the best product out there.

I am also sure everyone will let you use any pics you would like, to promote your products.

WOW !!! Would you guys and gals mind if I put some photos like this on our XLR gallery? We're totally redoing it and would LOVE to show off these beautiful roadsters. :wave:

Stephen.

Feel free to use this photo. It was nice meeting you on Wednesday.

Kathy :cool:

The pictures are great .... those from CC are especially nice with the carrier in the background .... that new camera/lens of Kathy's is really showing it's worth. I love seeing "the girlfriends" wading ... Memories ... ahhh .... :grouphug: Thank you everyone for taking the time to post ....

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom