Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Rendezvous IV - San Antonio, TX - May 20-24, 2009

Awww ... :bawling: .... I look at each one of you and a wonderful memory pops into my mind. Cr*p ... getting all teary again. :grouphug: Thanks so much Bruce and Kathy for "capturing the moments" ...

Just too tired to post anything last nite. We made it home thru some more torrential rain, but this year we were able to get to our house! (Last year we were blocked from our street by flooding and couldn't get home for an extra day after RIII.)

David just called back to Texas about his speeding ticket - only way to dispute it was in person. :bawling: But he's now an official member of the club, right?

THANK YOU to everyone who added to the fun of this great event!
~Quinn

---RA: he wanted to bring a his guitar... it just wouldn't fit. Maybe next time.
Yes Quinn he is officially in the club. DD probably didn't care to join that club. ;)

Made it home!!

We finally arrived home last night (Wednesday) around 6. 11 hours on Sunday put us in Limon, CO. 8 on Monday in Afton, WY, and another 8 yesterday put us home. Now, it's off to Chico Hot Springs tomorrow, 2 hours west of us, for my nephew's wedding this weekend and back to Billings on Sunday for high school graduation. Cindy's Dad is having shoulder replacement surgery on Monday. Then, to Yellowstone National Park (almost in our back yard) for a few days with my brother from New Jersey that will be here for the wedding... WHEW!! I'm going to have to get back to work to RELAX!!!!
Had a SUPA FREAK time (as promised) in SA. It was great to be able to put faces with forum names after all this time... Cindy & I feel we have made lifelong friends with everyone we met!!!!

We finally arrived home last night (Wednesday) around 6. 11 hours on Sunday put us in Limon, CO. 8 on Monday in Afton, WY, and another 8 yesterday put us home. Now, it's off to Chico Hot Springs tomorrow, 2 hours west of us, for my nephew's wedding this weekend and back to Billings on Sunday for high school graduation. Cindy's Dad is having shoulder replacement surgery on Monday. Then, to Yellowstone National Park (almost in our back yard) for a few days with my brother from New Jersey that will be here for the wedding... WHEW!! I'm going to have to get back to work to RELAX!!!!
Had a SUPA FREAK time (as promised) in SA. It was great to be able to put faces with forum names after all this time... Cindy & I feel we have made lifelong friends with everyone we met!!!!

You have made life long friends. I do hope Cindy plans on signing on:dunno:. Out of everyone there did you and Cindy have the longest drive? You guys are the last to check in and let us know you made it home okay. :dunno:

You have made life long friends. I do hope Cindy plans on signing on:dunno:. Out of everyone there did you and Cindy have the longest drive? You guys are the last to check in and let us know you made it home okay. :dunno:

I'm pretty sure we are... 1901.6 from Billings to SA.
WORTH EVERY MILE!!!! As far as Cindy signing on, I think we'll have to wait until we get a computer at home; she "says" she just doesn't have time at work. I think she's afraid that once she starts on the forum, she won't have time to work :chuckle:dunno:

Forgot to mention I got two, yes, TWO, warnings for speeding coming home... one at night in CO on Sunday, the other in WY on Monday. Both on two lane highways, both for 71 in a 65 zone.

Rod ... you and Cindy were such a welcome surprise couple! Did you ever drink all of that wine you brought?? Whatever we had by the pool in Las Cruces was great ... I think I remember it ... :pat: ... that was fun, huh? Thanks for bringing the giant cookie ... that was very cool ... and a good desert to go with the wine ... again ... I think ...:lol:
If you've been home long enough to read the posts you can see that next year is already in the works! Tell Cindy to give her boss a year's notice.....:rocker:

There's no tolerance anymore. We drove at 7 over the speed limit except where it changed in Tuscan from 65 to a little sign on the barrel delineation, and that's where Jaimie got her picture taken by a low grass photo cam. She said, they aren't going to like that picture cause she wasn't smiling. Our exit and four more where closed and took us forever to get to the motel. According to Kent, they have to serve the warrant for the ticket and won't bother cause we are out of state. Can I ever go anywhere without a helo, photo, motorcycle or squad car giving me something to remind me to stay home?:blinzel:
Rod, you and Cindy made Jaimie's and my time there one to remember. Loved even the thunder storm and the Jazz, while my car was in the mall parking garage. he he! :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Forgot to mention I got two, yes, TWO, warnings for speeding coming home... one at night in CO on Sunday, the other in WY on Monday. Both on two lane highways, both for 71 in a 65 zone.

Speed Limits

There's no tolerance anymore. We drove at 7 over the speed limit except where it changed in Tuscan from 65 to a little sign on the barrel delineation, and that's where Jaimie got her picture taken by a low grass photo cam. She said, they aren't going to like that picture cause she wasn't smiling. Our exit and four more where closed and took us forever to get to the motel. According to Kent, they have to serve the warrant for the ticket and won't bother cause we are out of state. Can I ever go anywhere without a helo, photo, motorcycle or squad car giving me something to remind me to stay home?:blinzel:
Rod, you and Cindy made Jaimie's and my time there one to remember. Loved even the thunder storm and the Jazz, while my car was in the mall parking garage. he he! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sure am glad I drive the speed limit when I am on the road alone or with Rod and Cindy when they are following me. I don't have to worry about warnings or tickets. When in a caravan it seems I only average 25 mpg, when by myself I get a good 32 mpg so it pays to drive the posted speed. It also keeps your blood pressure in the normal range.:chuckle:chuckle:chuckle:chuckle:chuckle

I warned you about Arizona and especially Tucson. They are installing speedcams everywhere here. If your out of State they cant collect unless you come back through and they have your plate number in the system.

Fred

So great to see you and get to know you two better. Marc and I think you two are really great people. Glad you came and took such a long trip to be with us all. Hope to see more of you, you joined in with this crowd very nicely. Thanks for coming so far, and at least it was just warnings!
MB :wave:

Oh Well I am on here now and I never work anyway! That's what I am told from the Boss... What's a girl to do if she is not Blinging!!
MB:chuckle

quote=mtrocket;10523]I'm pretty sure we are... 1901.6 from Billings to SA.
WORTH EVERY MILE!!!! As far as Cindy signing on, I think we'll have to wait until we get a computer at home; she "says" she just doesn't have time at work. I think she's afraid that once she starts on the forum, she won't have time to work :chuckle:dunno:[/quote]

Sisters???

Missy Supa Bling Bling Bling, is that your Sister sitting beside you?

To New Friends & Good Memories

Hi everyone, I just wanted to tell you how much fun I had on the SA trip...the drive was awesome, there and back.. You are all absolutely wonderful...I thank you for looking after me and for all the laughter that you caused me. That vacation is at the top of my fun list in life, that is for sure and it was the people that I was with that made it that way. You are all so warm and friendly and FUN ! On my drive to work, something will pop into my head that happened and I catch myself laughing... :laugh:Thank you all for the memories...I love you all. :grouphug:
jeanie

Wow! Thanks! You are soooooooooo sweet! ;)
Loved seeing you in SA! Can wait til the next one... Have a great summer.

MB:chuckle
I knew you would love that post. :)

Hi everyone, I just wanted to tell you how much fun I had on the SA trip...the drive was awesome, there and back.. You are all absolutely wonderful...I thank you for looking after me and for all the laughter that you caused me. That vacation is at the top of my fun list in life, that is for sure and it was the people that I was with that made it that way. You are all so warm and friendly and FUN ! On my drive to work, something will pop into my head that happened and I catch myself laughing... :laugh:Thank you all for the memories...I love you all. :grouphug:
jeanie
We love you too. I wish my mom was as fun as you are. :wave:You were alot of fun and I am glad you got to make it.

jeanie

You know we feel the same way about you! Thanks for joining us, and we hope to see you more in the future! I look at some of the pictures I took and start to laugh as well. It's always a good time with this great group of folks!

PS Your Corvette is also a VERY, VERY sharp car! I'm glad you brought it!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom