Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Rendezvous IV - San Antonio, TX - May 20-24, 2009

professor

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Black Raven XLR. Miles driven, 271,278 as of Nov 5, 2012
XLR Rendezvous IV - San Antonio, TX - May 20-24, 2009

.....Well it is official, Rendezvous IV is being held at the Riverwalk in San Antonio, TX on May 20 to 24, 2009!!! No need to worry about the name anymore. We own the name!!!! We will be staying at 2 hotels, the Hilton Inn and the Hampton Inn, both in downtown San Antonio.
.....We will have our first party at my private Suite in the Hilton Inn on Wednesday night May 20th. This party is open to those who are staying at the Hilton on the Riverwalk and also those who are staying at the Hampton Inn. I'll be calling up the hotel tomorrow, to have the party catered.:partyMore details tomorrow. It is time to plan on having a party!
.....The second night Thursday May 21st, also at the Hilton Inn, will be to induct everyone into the XLR Blue Bunny Club. Officers will also be elected. We need leaders to guide us into future events. I don't wish to be an officer but will volunteer to help the new leaders if they wish. I have enjoyed reading the other thread but let's not worry about other forums. This event is OURS!!!!! Keep the count down going!!!!
professor:wave:

Video of first Blue Bunny induction at the party!

.....I want to thank Floyd and Maryann Bingel for filming and helping to run the Saint Augustine Run in the fall. At the Hilton Inn party you will see their video of the first "Blue Bunny" induction. Hopefully someone will offer to video the second "Blue Bunny" induction on May 21st.
.....Jean, I am ordering the XLR Rendezvous IV shirt tomorrow morning.
Henry (professor):party

Thanks for all you've done!!

Great to hear all the news Henry--I know you've been busy with tax season hereand working on this event. Thanks for all your hard work. Some of the Midwest group got together this weekend and talked about some things to do in SA. I make sure we things planned and posted for all interested partys. It will be great to see everyone again.:wave::wave:

Thanks Professor for all the work.:patriot:

HEY EVERYBODY!!!
I just made reservations at the Hampton, just in case we make it. Cindy keeps talking about going, so everything's looking better all the time. Hope to meet everyone in SA!!!
Jean: when is the last date I can order shirts... it may be last minute before we know if we can make it or not. Depends on Cindy's work...

MT, that's great news!!! We'll keep our fingers crossed that you guys will make it.

Bruce :wave:

RIV Attendee List, Events, Shirts Info

Since we want everyone to have all of the information, here is the latest. I will keep it updated if you wish, and try to post it often so that it doesn't get lost in the threads.

LATEST CAR COUNT --- 22!

ATTENDEE LIST FOR R4

Those names that are in bold are commited attendees.....

Staying at THE HILTON

1. Henry & Pat Baurley - Professor and his wife --- Lynn Haven, FL
2. Ruth Ann & Ray Yurgelon - Lola's Mom and Detail Guy --- Santee, CA
3. Robert Barnes - First Robin - Colorado
4. Kent Ailes -JetboyPhx --- Phoenix, AZ
5. Dave and Ann Ferruci --- Palm Coast, FL
6. Bob & Gayle Walker - bobw --- Gastonia, NC
7. Chad & Rogene Lowery --- Popbigguy & wife --- Lincoln, NE
8. Jim & Jean Stokes - Jamsto & One Blue Bunny - Corrales, NM (2 cars!)

Staying at THE HAMPTON

10. Kevin & Marion Grady - Cubby558 & The Little Woman --- Bourbonnis, IL
11. Bruce & Kathy Ashpaugh/Jeannie - Cadillac Tech & Photo Girl --- Cicero, IN
12. Marc & Kris Toffolo - Toffolo1 and Missy Bling - IN
13. Bob Blackman & Jaimie - Standby & daughter - Aliso Viejo, CA
14. Rich Nagle - Homegameroom --- N. Royalton, OH
15. Cathy & Dave Kinney- Quinn & Diamond Del - Avoca, WI
16. Jim & Fran Hill -- Crown Point,IN
17. George - IndyXLRVGuy - Indiana
18. Dale & Mary - xlr05 - Waterloo, IA
19. Rod & Cindy Hessler - mtrocket - Billings, MT
20. Dave & Deb Harrower - Harrower - Canton, OH
21. Todd and Karen Whittler - Whit - Millcreek,IN
22. Stephen Pennington & Ashlie - Windrestrictor - Texas

Those who have expressed interest, but not yet committed

1. Larry and Shirley Fahrenkamp, Noblesville,IN
2. Floyd & Maryann Bingel - XLRLover & Southern V --- Spring Hill, FL
3. George & Jenny Ray --- Moultrie , GA
4. Maurice & Linda Tipton - Tip & wife --- Roanoke Rapids, NC

HOTEL INFORMATION

The Professor got a good deal at the Hilton Palacio del Rio, ..... $169 per night. You can make reservations on line at: www.palaciodelrio.hilton.com
Use Group code = "PTU" when you make the reservations for May 20-23, 2009

The Hampton Inn-Downtown San Antonio. .... special rate of $121 per night and special parking. The phone # 210-225-8500 or www.sanantoniodowntown.hamptoninn.com. Mention the XLR group when calling or type in XLR for the Group/Convention Code if making reservations online.

LAS CRUCES MOTEL INFO FOR CONVOY:
La Quinta, 1500 Hickory Dr. Rates start at about $76. This is next door to Cracker Barrel. Tel 575-523-0100.

(Just a reminder - if you even think you might be going - make your reservation NOW - this is a holiday weekend and these hotels are going to fill up fast.)

SHIRT INFORMATION - NO LONGER AVAILABLE TO ORDER
(deadline was April 1)

Below are photos of the RIV and the XLR Forum shirts and a picture of what the shirt for both will look like
HARRINGTONSHIRT.jpg

XLRRENDEZVOUSIVTEXAS.jpg

XLRFORUMSTARSSTRIPESNIGHTOWL.jpg

This is your Rendezvous! Please feel free to make suggestions and add things to the events schedule .... The more things to choose from the better .... Many of you know things that would be interesting to see or visit .... Please share those ideas!

BADGE INFORMATION

http://xlr-net.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8026#post8026

EVENTS SCHEDULE (moved)

Please click on link to see Event Schedule

http://xlr-net.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3251
Page 1 --- Post #12

THURSDAY - Roster ~ Gulf Coast Day Trip (Led by Standby)

Bob & Jaimie
Marc & Kris
Rod & Cindy
Dale & Mary
Bruce & Kathy
Jeannie
Cathy & David
Kevin & Marion
Ruth Ann & Ray
George
Robert
Todd & Karen
Chad & Rogene
Rich
FRIDAY - Roster ~ Fredericks Drive - Day trip (Led by XLR05)

Dale & Mary
Ruth Ann & Ray
Kent
Marion & Kevin
Bruce & Kathy
Jeannie
Rod & Cindy
Marc & Kris
Gayle & Bob W
Bob & Jaime
Cathy & David
George
Robert
Todd & Karen
Rich

ATTENDEE LIST FOR R4

Those names that are in bold are commited attendees.....

1. Henry & Pat Bauley - Professor and his wife --- Lynn Haven, FL - HILTON
2. Ruth Ann & Ray Yurgelon - Lola's Mom and Detail Guy --- Santee, CA - HILTON
3. Bobby Blackman & Jaimie - Standby & daughter, Jaimie --- Aliso Viejo, CA - HAMPTON
4. Rich Nagle - Homegameroom --- N. Royalton, OH
5. JP & Joanne Lalonde - SilverX and his wife --- Las Vegas, NV - HILTON
6. Kevin & Marion Grady - Cubby558 & The Little Woman --- Bourbonnis, IL - HAMPTON
7. Bruce & Kathy Ashpaugh - Cadillac Tech & Photo Girl --- Cicero, IN - HAMPTON
8. Robert Barnes - First Robin - Colorado - HILTON
9. Kent Ailes -JetboyPhx --- Phoenix, AZ - HILTON
10. Floyd & Maryann Bingel - XLRLover & Southern V --- Spring Hill, FL
11. Marc & Kris Toffolo - Toffolo1 and Missy Bling - IN - HAMPTON
12. Bruce and Tracy Papp - b-Pappy and wife --- CA
13. Stephen Pennington & Ashlie - Windrestrictor --- TX (no hotel designated)
14. Jim & Adelle - Rufcar & wife - PA
15. Cathy & Dave Kinney- Quinn & Diamond Del - Avoca, WI - HAMPTON
16. Pam Bakowsi & Joe- Dallasdoll - TX - - HILTON
17. Bob & Gayle Walker - bobw --- Gastonia, NC - HAMPTON
18. Bill & Maryjo Manes - Ocool & wife --- Orlando, FL
19. Dave and Ann Ferruci --- Palm Coast, FL - HAMPTON
20. George & Jenny Ray --- Moultrie , GA
21. Maurice & Linda Tipton - Tip & wife --- Roanoke Rapids, NC
22. Chad & Rogene Lowery --- Popbigguy & wife --- Lincoln, NE - HILTON
23. Fred & Ingrid Ledferd --- Speedway & wife ---Tucson, AZ - HILTON
24. Jim & Fran Hill -- Crown Point,IN - HAMPTON
25. George - IndyXLRVGuy - Indiana - HAMPTON
26. Jim & Jean Stokes - Jamsto & One Blue Bunny - Corrales, NM (2 cars!) - HILTON
27. Dale & Mary - xlr05 - Waterloo, IA - HAMPTON
28. Rod & Cindy - mtrocket - Billings, MT - HAMPTON
29. Mr & Mrs Ben Hoffman - XLR28 - Omaha, NE !! Maybe ....
30. Linda Castle - Linsue - Wilmington, IL .... Maybe, maybe, maybe!!
31. Mark & Doris Swaim - mswaim & PD5150 - Chowchilla, CA (now "talking" about attending) !

I wouldn't say I'm "confirmed" quite yet... I'm very hopeful at best. At least I have Cindy talking about going...:blinzel:

HEY EVERYBODY!!!
I just made reservations at the Hampton, just in case we make it. Cindy keeps talking about going, so everything's looking better all the time. Hope to meet everyone in SA!!!
Jean: when is the last date I can order shirts... it may be last minute before we know if we can make it or not. Depends on Cindy's work...
Alright MT. We can't wait to meet you and Cindy. You guys will have a great time. :rocker:

I mentioned to Cindy at lunch today that you guys REALLY know how to party and to do it right!!! I may have scared her off...:ugh::confused::confused::chuckle:chuckle
Don't scare her off yet MT. Whatever you do don't show her the pics of Indy trip, that will definetly scare her off. ;):D:chuckle:chuckle After getting to know you through the site, I think Cindy would be right at home with us. You give me the impression you like to party too.

Wah-hoo!

:beerchug:

Is this going to be the "new and improved" official thread now??? Thanks so much Henry - I hope this will help.

I am so glad to see the Rendezvous IV - :grouphug: the rightful designation. :blue:

From your different posts I will try to keep an Events Schedule also if you wish .... Keep in mind that this event is pretty much unstructured and open to lots of event suggestions (here ya' go, Kathy!) on places to go and things to do.

EVENTS SCHEDULE

MAY 20 - Wednesday
Catered Party :party
PROFESSOR'S SUITE
HILTON INN
Evening (exact time to be determined)

MAY 21 - Thursday

Blue Bunny Induction Ceremony
& club elections
Hosted by The Professor

HILTON INN
Evening

Yes Ruth Ann, this should be the new official thread XLR Rendezvous IV. No longer should we hide the name. We are RENDEZVOUS IV - SAN ANTONIO, TX and we are proud of it !!!!!!! Yes thank you for keeping up with events and attendees. I do hope we get a few more to stay at the Hilton Inn but otherwise everything is going great.
professor:party

Yes Ruth Ann, this should be the new official thread XLR Rendezvous IV. No longer should we hide the name. We are RENDEZVOUS IV - SAN ANTONIO, TX and we are proud of it !!!!!!! Yes thank you for keeping up with events and attendees. I do hope we get a few more to stay at the Hilton Inn but otherwise everything is going great.
professor:party
By the way my last name is spelt "Baurley". No biggy.
Henry

.....Well it is official, Rendezvous IV is being held at the Riverwalk in San Antonio, TX on May 20 to 24, 2009!!! No need to worry about the name anymore. We own the name!!!! We will be staying at 2 hotels, the Hilton Inn and the Hampton Inn, both in downtown San Antonio.
.....We will have our first party at my private Suite in the Hilton Inn on Wednesday night May 20th. This party is open to those who are staying at the Hilton on the Riverwalk and also those who are staying at the Hampton Inn. I'll be calling up the hotel tomorrow, to have the party catered.:partyMore details tomorrow. It is time to plan on having a party!
.....The second night Thursday May 21st, also at the Hilton Inn, will be to induct everyone into the XLR Blue Bunny Club. Officers will also be elected. We need leaders to guide us into future events. I don't wish to be an officer but will volunteer to help the new leaders if they wish. I have enjoyed reading the other thread but let's not worry about other forums. This event is OURS!!!!! Keep the count down going!!!!
professor:wave:

Thanks Henry for getting the name registered. I just sent a message to the other forum putting them on notice that they may no longer use the name as it is Registered and due to there childish actions they have lost in excess one hundred members. :chuckle:chuckle:chuckle:chuckle:chuckle It will be interesting to see if they abide by notice. First Robin

Thamks Henry for all the work you have done. According to my calculations we have 78 days to go.:willy_nilly:

Speedway

Thanks Henry for getting the name registered. I just sent a message to the other forum putting them on notice that they may no longer use the name as it is Registered and due to there childish actions they have lost in excess one hundred members. :chuckle:chuckle:chuckle:chuckle:chuckle It will be interesting to see if they abide by notice. First Robin

Well, well - this story ought to be a party ice breaker! Henry had the name "registered?" --- registered to who and how do you even do that? Well - here's to you Professor :worship: :beerchug::worship: along with a big Thank You!

Hurrah .... it really is Rendezvous IV !! :twist:

Well, well - this story ought to be a party ice breaker! Henry had the name "registered?" --- registered to who and how do you even do that? Well - here's to you Professor :worship: :beerchug::worship: along with a big Thank You!

Hurrah .... it really is Rendezvous IV !! :twist:
Hi RA, you register with the Secretary of State in your State and it holds up in all fifty states. He can also make a Domain on the Internet and they can not lay claim to the name or website. Just takes a smart Capricorn like Henry, he is the greatest. Thanks again Henry, really looking forward to RIV in San Antonio. First Robin:):):)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom