Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

San Antonio, Texas "Blue Bunny" Rally May 20--May 23, 2009

Henry or RA,

Is someone keeping an up-to-date list of everyone who has committed to San Antonio in Mat '09. I know the list was "brought" over from the other site, just wondering if it has changed at all.

Cubby - if the list has changed "on the other side" - I wouldn't know about it ...... but so far, I think, barring any unforseen problems, it is probably pretty close to what it was .... we will pick up more cars as time gets closer .... I mean, my gosh ..... it's RENDEZVOUS! :grouphug::party:beerchug:

Cubby - if the list has changed "on the other side" - I wouldn't know about it ...... but so far, I think, barring any unforseen problems, it is probably pretty close to what it was .... we will pick up more cars as time gets closer .... I mean, my gosh ..... it's RENDEZVOUS! :grouphug::party:beerchug:

There has been nothing posted on that other site concerning this. No one has added any names there so I think you are right Madam.

Time for more pictures from the Riverwalk!

SanAntonio023.jpg
[/IMG]

Those are restaurants on the other side. All kinds, all flavors! You can take the walkway over the River to get to the other side.

SanAntonio024.jpg
[/IMG]

The Hilton Inn on the Riverwalk in the background. Also one of the exits to the street above. There are a few of these exits (stairs) throughout the Riverwalk that lead out to the streets.

professor

SanAntonio025.jpg
[/IMG]

One of the outdoor restaurants. In late May the weather should be perfect for eating outdoors.

SanAntonio027.jpg
[/IMG]

The river taxi near the Hilton.

Henry

SanAntonio026.jpg
[/IMG]

It seems like everywhere I turn there is another sign advertising ANOTHER lounge or bar at the Hilton Inn.

Henry:party

Do you like jazz music?

If you like jazz this is the place to enjoy the music. Jim Cullum and his 9 piece jazz band have been playing here for over 20 years. The music is fantastic.

SanAntonio029.jpg
[/IMG]

Henry

This place is pretty year round!

SanAntonio030.jpg
[/IMG]

The tour guide giving you the history of the Riverwalk. A nice relaxing way to enjoy the park. Also they have evening rides set up for dinners if you like. There is a lot going on day or night. A lot of entertainment available. I did not photograph the Mall on the River but it has three levels. It is very big, lots of shopping, even a IMAX theater. I think these photos will give you some idea of what to expect when you arrive next May for the future XLR Rendezvous IV, San Antonio, May 2009.

Henry (professor):)

Great pictures Henry. Counting down the days.

Blue Bunny

We will be attending this event Fred and Ingrid Ledferd Tucson, Arizona. Let us know where everyone will be staying. Is someone going to block rooms? This will be our frist event with all of you so please bare with us and guide us through the paces.

Fred & ingrid

Speedway .... glad you will be joining us! :wave:

Hey! Maybe this time we won't have the smallest convoy coming in! :rocker::rocker:

There is some hotel information posted on this thread ....

Stay tuned! ..... the Rendezvous excitement really starts to build after the holidays! :party

We will be attending this event Fred and Ingrid Ledferd Tucson, Arizona. Let us know where everyone will be staying. Is someone going to block rooms? This will be our frist event with all of you so please bare with us and guide us through the paces.

Fred & ingrid

Speedway, Welcome to the Run! :wave: Here are the Hotel details:

We got a good deal at the Hilton Palacio del Rio, even less than in Savannah and St. Augustine. $169 per night. You can make reservations on line at: www.palaciodelrio.hilton.com
Use Group code = "PTU" when you make the reservations for May 20-23, 2009

To get the low rate on Saturday you will need to call the hotel directly. If you are only staying through Friday night the online system will take the group code PTU.

The California Group and I will probably meet up around Arizona City at the intersection of I-8 and I-10. As we get closer to the run we can nail down details on how to meet up with you if you want to caravan over with us. We will probably spend the night in Las Cruces on the 19th then head to San Antonio the next day.

San Antone

Speedway, Welcome to the Run! :wave: Here are the Hotel details:

We got a good deal at the Hilton Palacio del Rio, even less than in Savannah and St. Augustine. $169 per night. You can make reservations on line at: www.palaciodelrio.hilton.com
Use Group code = "PTU" when you make the reservations for May 20-23, 2009

To get the low rate on Saturday you will need to call the hotel directly. If you are only staying through Friday night the online system will take the group code PTU.

The California Group and I will probably meet up around Arizona City at the intersection of I-8 and I-10. As we get closer to the run we can nail down details on how to meet up with you if you want to caravan over with us. We will probably spend the night in Las Cruces on the 19th then head to San Antonio the next day.
Sounds great to me let me know what is up as we near the final stages.

San Antonio

WE Made our reservations at the Hilton. We will be also staying Saturday night hopefully others will also. Ingrid got so excited looking at the pictures and making the rerservation that we are ready to pack up and go right now. Whats really nice about this run is we will be able to put faces to threads and get to know all of you.:wave:

We would like to thank the organizers of the event we both know how much time and effort goe's in to planning:rolleyes:.

Fred & Ingrid

wrong acon hit

WE Made our reservations at the Hilton. We will be also staying Saturday night hopefully others will also. Ingrid got so excited looking at the pictures and making the rerservation that we are ready to pack up and go right now. Whats really nice about this run is we will be able to put faces to threads and get to know all of you.:wave:

We would like to thank the organizers of the event we both know how much time and effort goe's in to planning:rolleyes:.

Fred & Ingrid
we give apologies for hitting the wrong Icon. We meant to hit a smiling face. Guess we were so excited I didn't look correctly.:bash:

fred & Ingrid

Glad you are going to make it!!! Other than the slightly boring drive between Wilcox and Kerrville it should be a great event. I'm ready for some BBQ.

Speedway, it's great to hear that you will be joining the fun in San Antonio. The caravan in should be a lot of fun.

Bruce :wave:

How about we go earlier, like now so I can get away from these freezing temperatures we are having. May can't come soon enough.

Tiffany's Dad

TD ... you're just spoiled from those Hawaiian and Caribbean vacations you've been taking. Your blood got thin! This must be one of Mother Nature's ways to make you learn to appreciate Texas! :laugh:

What a great ride all of you will have comin' down - a real road trip .... you will have so much fun. Every time I think about the trip I just :jump::willy_nilly:!

Madam, I wish things could have worked out that we could have made it for the game this week. Maybe next year. We will be thinking of you come game time. We owe you guys from last year.

Miss you and Ray,

Marc

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry