Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

San Antonio, Texas "Blue Bunny" Rally May 20--May 23, 2009

No need to worry...we will be spreading the wealth by then. We will all be rich.:laugh::laugh:

Don't count on it, if a certain person/party gets in any wealth will be redistributed alright to the people who wouldn't know a Hilton from a Motel 6.

Floyd :patriot:

Well my smart friend Floyd has it figured out where the money is going to go, and ya all know where dat is.
Plain an simple...........There are a lot of us guys who are still working or retired and the only reason we are working is because we can't retire.
8_1_213.gif

Some members just turn in receipts for food and lodging, while others pay through the nose. You all know that I speak my mind, some of you like that and some don't, but to spend $22 dollars a day to park at a hotel that you are staying in is way over the top for me. If I can't use my points which can only be used 30 days before check-in I might have to pass on this meeting.
As you all know, things have changed in the last year and we all are not plush or have lost equity, money and jobs. Luckily, I still have my job but who knows what's a comin down the track when you can' hear the whistle or see the light.
I for one will be frugal and spend wisely.
God save the Queen and we need another tea party before I'll loosen my money belt. Maybe I should have bought a Mustang.
8_1_216.gif

The sales guy at the Hilton is working on a parking deal for us. Henry may know more soon. Even I am having trouble with the reservation system. Guess I will have to call. For those of you not staying at the Hilton be sure to book where ever soon. San Antonio fills up fast in the downtown area near the Riverwalk.

The two Marriots, the Grand Hilton, the Holiday Inn, the Drury and the Adam's Mark are all on the riverwalk but not where there are any shops or bars. The Marriot is attached to a Mall with a Hooters and Tony Roma's and a food court downstairs. You can buy river taxi passes for all the on and off you want for 3 days for $25. The Grand Hyatt has the best beds, that is where I stayed this week. The Hyatt just north of the Hilton is also a prime location but they are fully booked already. Where ever you stay we can congregate at the Hilton lobby lounge or one of the other bars there. Internet access in the lobby bar.

Here we go. We are booked. :D

Apparently the PTU group rate is already sold out for Saturday.....! A bit of a surprise considering the lead time. $239 is the applicable rate for Saturday instead of $169.

SilverX

What I don't understand here is, why are we staying on the RIVer Walk. We all have cars and there's always room to park at the RIVer Walk, been there and done it. I realize Henry:worship: and Kent:worship: have put a lot into this, but maybe the less fortunate should be looking at a motel or hotel like The Holiday Inn or it's equivalent and it can be across town where they don't gouge. This hotel in one day went back on it's word after the guys made a deal by jacking up Saturday night. I have a tough time dealing with companies like this.:patriot:

Apparently the PTU group rate is already sold out for Saturday.....! A bit of a surprise considering the lead time. $239 is the applicable rate for Saturday instead of $169.

SilverX

Henry only blocked a certain number of rooms, if that is already exceeded he can get with the hotel to increase that size.

Saturday price

SilverX
I stated on a previous post (when I printed out my confirmation all four nights were @ the $169.00 price) it was the lady that took my reservation that told me Saturday nite would be $239 so you might want to print out the confirmation and see what it says. First Robin:patriot:

Kent, according to posts on the forum, they are booked for Saturday night already and taking reservations at a higher price in case people cancel. That's not fair after all your hard work.
Henry only blocked a certain number of rooms, if that is already exceeded he can get with the hotel to increase that size.

You're absolutely right First Robin...! :blinzel:

I checked the invoice and they show a rate of $676 for 4 nights. Plus taxes of course. The room price is very good considering the hotel class and it's location. Thank you Professor and Jetboy for negotiating the price. I hope they can work some kind of deal for the parking although $22 is better than $37 in Chicago last February. :(

SilverX

I stated on a previous post (when I printed out my confirmation all four nights were @ the $169.00 price) it was the lady that took my reservation that told me Saturday nite would be $239 so you might want to print out the confirmation and see what it says. First Robin:patriot:

Mid West caravan - hotel

We've decided on a hotel for the Mid West group:
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
1309 East Commerce St.
San Antonio, TX
877-410-6681
800-906-4855

$116.96 AAA/AARP Rate
Free Parking

Thank you Cubby & Quinn.

Kathy :)

I Google Earthed this location and Market st and E. Commerce St are on either side of the RIVer Walk. This was my selection also.
Good Job Cubby.
His Cubbiness said he'd try and get a block of rooms at a reduced rate and of course there is no parking fee.
OK, Cubby go to work.
We've decided on a hotel for the Mid West group:
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
1309 East Commerce St.
San Antonio, TX
877-410-6681
800-906-4855

$116.96 AAA/AARP Rate
Free Parking

Thank you Cubby & Quinn.

Kathy :)

Sample photos of the Riverwalk

I am downloading some pictures taken at the Riverwalk with Kent and myself.

SanAntonio004.jpg
[/IMG]

Kent says that this is where Standby will want to "hang out"

SanAntonio006.jpg
[/IMG]

View from Hilton Inn on Riverwalk (from the meeting room).

The meeting room for the San Antonio Blue Bunnies!

SanAntonio005.jpg
[/IMG]

We will use this meeting room at the Hilton Inn to induct the next group of Blue Bunnies. At that time we may have 40 or more Blue Bunnies!
professor:party

SanAntonio007.jpg
[/IMG]

Riverwalk view from the balcony of our room at the Hilton Inn. All the rooms have balconies.

SanAntonio008.jpg
[/IMG]

View of the city from a higher floor.

SanAntonio009.jpg
[/IMG]

Sample of one of the rooms.

professor

Kent and I having lunch at the Hilton Inn Riverwalk.

SanAntonio011.jpg
[/IMG]

One of many restaurants at the Hilton Inn.

professor

I wish to express an opinion.

.....I have more pictures to post tomorrow from the Riverwalk. I do want to make a comment to the group. This is only my opinion but the Hilton Inn is a 4 star hotel. When you come in person you will see why. The hotel is right on the River literally!
.....I am talking to the sales person. Right now the self parking is $16 per day. I told Joseph Latu that some were complaining about the parking fees and wanted to go to another hotel just outside of the Riverwalk. He said that he will try to come up with something for us.
.....Again this is my opinion, but if I am at one of the many lounges and I want to go to bed, all I have to do is get on the elevator to my room. If I am staying at another hotel, I would have to walk up the stairs to Alamo Drive or Main Street or whatever and walk in the middle of downtown San Antonio to my hotel.
.....I personally do not want to walk in the center of downtown of any large city in the middle of the night! San Antonio is a very very large city. Wait till you see the other pictures later. So maybe I am spending an extra $50 a night but all the action is at my front window or balcony. I have been here before. The Riverwalk is where all the action is, and the Riverwalk is very Safe to stroll around even at night. Just my opinion.
Henry:)

Great Pick

Henry, I think you did a great job picking a hotel for us and the pictures are fantastic. Looking at them this morning made me think of when I was in Touluse, France looking at the boats on the river, the people having fun and all the green foilage. I am looking forward to the trip and staying right where all the fun and action will be. I think a couple from Colorado Springs is also coming, they were going to check their calander to make sure they didn't have anything else scheduled for that time. Thanks for all your time and hard work you have put into making this a fun get together. First Robin :patriot:

Professor .... has the block of rooms been expanded? I read where some have tried to book under the group rate and told that the block has been sold out. I think that is part of the problem too.

Another $150 for 3 nights wouldn't be bad .... and I am glad you are working on the parking thing ....

Gosh, it is great to see pictures of you and Kent! :wave::wave:

I am glad that you posted ..... 'know that you are a busy guy, but I was just wondering how all of the planning was going.

Is there going to be lunch or dinner in that room - or just a ceremony???

Your thoughts????

I don't think the rooms were sold out. The problem was that the reduced price was only good thru Friday according to the reservationist and then it was regular price, but this has been all taken care of as the confirmations all came back with the reduced price for all nights. This is a matter of the reservation department and the confirmation department having different information on their computer screens. The end result was correct and remember Henry even arranged for three nights prior and three nights after for the special rates for those that want to come early and stay late which I am sure took a lot of convincing to the hotel on his part. When I was putting myself thru school with a family to support I worked at the Conrad Hilton in Chicago as night auditor so I am somewhat familiar about these things. I also owned a motel for 35 years if that counts for anything. First Robin:patriot:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom