Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

XLR Gathering in Colorado 2010

Everyone,
Thanks for the welcomes and all the chimes! It sounds like we may have a workable idea here. :)

First Robin, I got your PM and I'll respond in a little bit. When we did CruiseFest 2007, we operated with a core group of folks that did a lot of the planning, and two of them are down in the Springs (I'm actually up in Parker). I think it might be a good idea if we met compared notes.

-Patrick
Great it sounds like you guys are on board with us. First Robin has been doing alot of guiding on this trip. I know we will all have a good time.

Everyone,
Thanks for the welcomes and all the chimes! It sounds like we may have a workable idea here. :)

First Robin, I got your PM and I'll respond in a little bit. When we did CruiseFest 2007, we operated with a core group of folks that did a lot of the planning, and two of them are down in the Springs (I'm actually up in Parker). I think it might be a good idea if we met compared notes.

-Patrick

I love it when a plan comes together! ;);)

Hi, everyone,
My name is Patrick, and Rob suggested I join over here and introduce myself. I was one of the planners for the CAC's CruiseFest in Colorado Springs in 2007, and I think there's some definate interest in planning a joint XLR/Corvette event next summer if you're interested.

There is one downside: the hotel we used in 2007 (the Silverwood) is no longer available to us. It was purchased and converted into a religious retreat center a couple of years ago. It's a shame, really, because that place was perfectly located right off I-25 at Garden of the Gods Road. (We tried to find a place fairly close to I-25 to facilitate all the day trips we took.)

So, if there's real interest in a Colorado Springs joint XLR/Corvette event, chime in and let me know!

-Patrick

Hi Patrick ...
Well yesterday, I did likewise ... I browsed (and joined) around your forum, and read some of the posts from the 'Fest you had this past weekend. Looks and sounds like you guys know how to have a good time ... :rocker: I too, think this will be a good mix of cars and forum members. Boy, there sure are a lot of members and activities on your forum .... took me awhile just to find the threads I wanted to see ...
Again .... welcome!
Ruth Ann

Hi Patrick ...
Well yesterday, I did likewise ... I browsed (and joined) around your forum, and read some of the posts from the 'Fest you had this past weekend. Looks and sounds like you guys know how to have a good time ... :rocker: I too, think this will be a good mix of cars and forum members. Boy, there sure are a lot of members and activities on your forum .... took me awhile just to find the threads I wanted to see ...
Again .... welcome!
Ruth Ann
What is the forum? Can someone give me the site.
Thanks

I saw that you were the newest member. I hope the other members on there are ready for Supa Freak.:lol:

I can do your avatar,no problem.

I saw that you were the newest member. I hope the other members on there are ready for Supa Freak.:lol:

I can do your avatar,no problem.
Thank You Bruce. :D

Update on the 2010 Colorado Gathering:

I just got off the phone with First Robin. We're going to try and meet down in the Springs this weekend to have some conversations about hotels.

When we did CruiseFest here in 2007, we had just under 50 Corvettes. Based on word of mouth of how much fun people had two years ago, I'm expecting we'd get more than that next year. I'm also expecting we'd probably have 40 to 50 XLR's coming.

The good news: that's close to 90 rooms we could potentially bring a hotel, which gives us some serious negotiating clout on room rates. The bad news: off the top of my head, I honestly can't think of any hotels in Manitou Springs large enough to handle that kind of a crowd. So we may need to look at some larger places.

But, the search is on, and we should news to report on the hotel front soon!
:)

-Patrick

Update on the 2010 Colorado Gathering:

I just got off the phone with First Robin. We're going to try and meet down in the Springs this weekend to have some conversations about hotels.

When we did CruiseFest here in 2007, we had just under 50 Corvettes. Based on word of mouth of how much fun people had two years ago, I'm expecting we'd get more than that next year. I'm also expecting we'd probably have 40 to 50 XLR's coming.

The good news: that's close to 90 rooms we could potentially bring a hotel, which gives us some serious negotiating clout on room rates. The bad news: off the top of my head, I honestly can't think of any hotels in Manitou Springs large enough to handle that kind of a crowd. So we may need to look at some larger places.

But, the search is on, and we should news to report on the hotel front soon!
:)

-Patrick
In advance THANK YOU Patrick and First"Foxy" Robin. You guys are really getting us pumped up already on this. :worship: I am looking forward to partying with the Corvette forum.

If we can get the word out early we should have a good turn out, hopefully we will have 40 XLRs.
Our group is planning on be in CO. 5-6 days.
We can always stay at the Embassy Suites the Popbigguy located, it is big enough for the group.

Bruce :wave:

FR, thanks for the info and all the work you have already put into this.

Bruce :wave:

Yes ... this is truly a doable distance for anyone who really wants to attend. :rocker: There is a solid year's advance date being set, so we all have plenty of time to set vacation schedules and fill up the vacation coffers.

I was ready 2 weeks ago .... :D

This morning I was up at 4:30 and started reading from the beginning the post on a name for a combined gathering of XLR and Corvette. Seemed in the beginning everyone was excited about it and submitting suggestions for a name. Then things started to change and by the time I was on page 3 a message popped up so I went to that message, read it and then to CAC and read the last post there and felt pretty sad to think that grown people still act like little children and just get so upset with each other. I felt the majority of the folks on this forum were in favor of a joint event and the majority on CAC were in favor. I only read one negative remark on the CAC of combining the two events and only read one person on this forum really objecting so where did all of this go wrong. What a shame as I think we could have put a great time together combining the two groups and meeting new people and making more good friends. Life is too short at the longest to get so upset. Rob I think you had a good idea and thank you for that. I am sorry it didn't work out. I also want to thank you for this forum, without it we would be hard pressed to put any gathering together. You do a great service to us. WHAT A SAD ENDING THAT COULD HAVE BEEN A GREAT COMBINED EVENT!!!!

I agree.

As I said earlier, I really don't appreciate my words being taken out of context and people's feelings getting hurt by my comments of not opening the event up to Mustang or Viper owners. I honestly can't believe that my point was completely missed on that one.

The event, like the CruiseFests we've held before has always been open to all members and anybody else they want to invite regardless of what they drive.

My point is that we were not going to go to a Dodge Viper club or a Ford Mustang club and ask them to take part - but if one of our members had either car, or a friend with either one that they wanted to invite, they're more than welcome to do so.

However, instead of asking me what I meant, it was easier to back into a friggin corner, and point fingers.

The other thing that baffles me is the whole concept of "sponsorship" and the fabricated notion that the Corvette Action Center would be sponsoring the XLR event or however it was worded.

That could not be any further from the truth. The Corvette Action Center wouldn't be sponsoring a damn thing, and the XLR Net wouldn't be sponsoring anything either.

The only time "sponsorship" comes into play is when we go to Vendors and ask if they would like to "SPONSOR" a people's choice trophy, or donate any items or gift certificates for the goody bags. THAT'S IT.

The joint event, would have been nothing more than two sites' members getting together, having a great time and talking cars. However, it's quite obvious, that both Bruce and Patrick would not have worked well together based upon the posts I saw from both of them.

So, with all of that said, I'm DONE with the idea of holding a joint event between the two sites, because it's obvious that some folks just can't handle that concept.

On a side note, I'm also sick of hearing about the drama that occurred during the event a couple of weeks ago. I wasn't even part of that event, and I'm being dragged into all of the BS.

So...since I don't have time nor the desire to deal with dramatic BS, for those of you involved in that event, and in the middle of that drama - please do not try and pull me into it and take it off the forums here.

Once again we were asked for our input,I thought forums were for the exchanging of thoughts and opinions.

Bruce :)

Once again we were asked for our input,I thought forums were for the exchanging of thoughts and opinions.

Bruce :)
Yep...and boy did I get some interesting input...hence the reason why I have NO desire to hold a joint event between the two sites and as I said earlier, I regret even mentioning it.

Let's all just move on!!!

Anytime you try to do something different from the way it has been done for years, months, etc.; there is always going to be some that don't like the change and never will. That is their opinion and their right to have it. The biggest thing seemed to be the loss of identity of each groups vehicle, which didn't seem to me a problem--I think it is more about the people. That's my opinion, maybe I'm wrong.

Having said that I think it is time to just move on and stop trying to get the last word in on a matter I beleive is now a dead issue. As stated time and again by many here--Rob you have a great site and we are happy to be here. I also joined your other site to see how the other side lives. I think they are both wonderful sites. You obviously have experience in putting together the Cruisefest's for the Corvette people and I am sure they are fun and successful. Us XLR people are are experienced in doing the same. At this point in time, it looks as though seperate events are the best and maybe down the road we can try a joint event.

I don't know how many of your CAC members attend the MAM event in Effingham, IL but there were a few of us XLR owners who attended last year and Mike Yeager and his team allowed us a parking area for our vehicles. We enjoyed being a part of the event and had many Corvette owners coming by to see and chat about our cars. We will probably be down for this years event as well.

Thanks again for the fine sites. Let's put this behind us for discussion at another time in the future.

I totally agree with you Cubby! I could not believe when I got into work today and read all this on here and was amazed at how petty this has all gotten. It's time to be the adults we are and be the great people we know we ALL are, and move on. Life is what you make of it, so lets enjoy it and all forget about what we are calling the next gathering, and what we think of this or that and just paln an event so we can just enjoy each other again for some more great memories.
And as for Rob, we do appreciate all that you have done and wanted to do. Maybe another time, there is always time! :) MB

Anytime you try to do something different from the way it has been done for years, months, etc.; there is always going to be some that don't like the change and never will. That is their opinion and their right to have it. The biggest thing seemed to be the loss of identity of each groups vehicle, which didn't seem to me a problem--I think it is more about the people. That's my opinion, maybe I'm wrong.

Having said that I think it is time to just move on and stop trying to get the last word in on a matter I beleive is now a dead issue. As stated time and again by many here--Rob you have a great site and we are happy to be here. I also joined your other site to see how the other side lives. I think they are both wonderful sites. You obviously have experience in putting together the Cruisefest's for the Corvette people and I am sure they are fun and successful. Us XLR people are are experienced in doing the same. At this point in time, it looks as though seperate events are the best and maybe down the road we can try a joint event.

I don't know how many of your CAC members attend the MAM event in Effingham, IL but there were a few of us XLR owners who attended last year and Mike Yeager and his team allowed us a parking area for our vehicles. We enjoyed being a part of the event and had many Corvette owners coming by to see and chat about our cars. We will probably be down for this years event as well.

Thanks again for the fine sites. Let's put this behind us for discussion at another time in the future.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom