Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

XLR Gathering in Colorado 2010

This is sounding pretty good. I did the google map thing, only 1,400 miles one way, and it takes me right thru Billings MT. so there maybe a chance to hook up with Rod mtrocket.

Hey, Madmac:
That would be a BLAST!!! I drove 1901.6 miles to San Antonio, and it was worth EVERY MILE!!! If you are able to come in a day of two early (maybe the weekend before?) we (Cindy & I) could take you on a couple beautiful, scenic drives around here... and, of course, you are welcome to stay at our house while you are here in Billings.

It appears Colorado would be a nice meeting place next year. All we need to do is agree when and where in Colorado and then we can start looking into lodging and activities.

I like the week before Memorial Day,May 24-29. The kids are still in school and it gives us an extra day for traveling home.

Do we want to stay in Colorado Springs,Denver,Estes Park or somewhere else? To me Colorado Springs looks like a good choice. There appears to be a lot of things to see in the area. Great driving trips.

We still have a few months to work things out.

Bruce :wave:

126 posts later, we get back to where we should be .... :pat: :blinzel:

Time to move forward ... !

How are we with "Colorado Cruise 2010" ?? or CC10? I don't really have a preference ... any thing is fine. Let's just git er' done.

I believe FR has found a couple of places in Colorado Springs that will house us ... and, a little more than half voted for the last week in May ... all good so far??? :)

I see an attendance list forming:

1. Madmac
2. MTRocket & MrsMTRocket (the "Rockette's (?!)
3. Jetboy
4. Cadillac Tech & Photo Girl
5. Cubby & Little Woman
6. First Robin
7. XLRIndyguy (Corndog)
8. Lola's Mom & Detail Guy
9. Tofolo1 & Missy Supa Bling
10. Popbigguy & Rogene
11. Homegameroom (aka Homegrown)
12. ??

This is a good time to start making your plans to attend ... we're a year out!
I know there should be more on the list ... I just can't go back far enough to see while I'm posting ... Help! :laugh:

Okay folks, time for a Good Laugh, my warped sence of humor, I refer to #2 on the list, Cindy a Rockette yes, but I think Rod will have to shave his legs and use some duct tape under his breast and between his legs.:chuckle:chuckle:chuckle Please forgive me Rod, I just couldn't resist.

Yea, Yea... I do believe you have it misspelled (members seem to have a problem with spelling - didn't anybody go to school??) It should be "Rockets", not "Rockettes". Actually, I consider myself to be more of a :rocker:, instead of a Rockette... and no, I didn't mean on a :rocker:...

126 posts later, we get back to where we should be .... :pat: :blinzel:

Time to move forward ... !

How are we with "Colorado Cruise 2010" ?? or CC10? I don't really have a preference ... any thing is fine. Let's just git er' done.

I believe FR has found a couple of places in Colorado Springs that will house us ... and, a little more than half voted for the last week in May ... all good so far??? :)

I see an attendance list forming:

1. Madmac
2. MTRocket & MrsMTRocket (the "Rockette's (?!)
3. Jetboy
4. Cadillac Tech & Photo Girl
5. Cubby & Little Woman
6. First Robin
7. XLRIndyguy (Corndog)
8. Lola's Mom & Detail Guy
9. Tofolo1 & Missy Supa Bling
10. Popbigguy & Rogene
11. Homegameroom (aka Homegrown)
12. ??

This is a good time to start making your plans to attend ... we're a year out!
I know there should be more on the list ... I just can't go back far enough to see while I'm posting ... Help! :laugh:
Probably not the place to post this information but the new thread is locked so I could not post on it. I think it is number 4 that list Royal Gorge and Pikes Peak day trip. I just want to clarify that the Royal Gorge is US Hiway 50 West of Canon City. Pikes Peak is US Hiway 24 West of Colorado Springs They are a long distance from each other but possibly the post meant two seperate day trips. If that is the case I will apologize for sticking my nose in. Thanks

Probably not the place to post this information but the new thread is locked so I could not post on it. I think it is number 4 that list Royal Gorge and Pikes Peak day trip. I just want to clarify that the Royal Gorge is US Hiway 50 West of Canon City. Pikes Peak is US Hiway 24 West of Colorado Springs They are a long distance from each other but possibly the post meant two seperate day trips. If that is the case I will apologize for sticking my nose in. Thanks

No, this is the best place to post comments and or corrections for the event. The other thread is locked to keep it uncluttered so people can find just the info on the trip without digging through all of the posts.

You are correct both are meant as day trips. Thanks,

Bruce

A couple members that I know for sure asked Bruce to start a locked thread with just the information of attendees, hotels, and trips. I know I was one that asked him to do this so that anyone that wanted to come didn't have to weed through a bunch of post to find the information. Thank you Bruce, I think this will be easier for new members that we get if they are interested. :worship:

I spoke to a friend in Miles City (140 miles east of Billings) about Colorado Springs. He owns a body shop there and he rebuilt a '06 XLRV Black on Black about the same time I was doing mine last year. In fact, when we took it to Miles City last October, I stopped in to show it off, walked in, and the receptionist said, "That's the XLR that's been running around here... it looks just like Tim's." And I said, "Oh, Sh**... he has one too?" His was on the frame rack just getting finished up. So, hopefully, we'll have two from Montana.
I also told him about the forum. I called him this morning to talk, and he said he was on just checking it out last night. With any luck, he'll member up and start posting. He mentioned that he saw that I was on at the same time he was checking it out. I told him that that's not surprising in the least...

Got our room for Colorado Springs. Come on May 2010. Also heard from our new friends from Whitewater Colorado and they said that they want to do the CS event next May.

Got our room for Colorado Springs. Come on May 2010. Also heard from our new friends from Whitewater Colorado and they said that they want to do the CS event next May.

I drove right thru Whitewater Monday on my way home from Fruita. There is nothing in Whitewater except homes. My neice's husband is finishing up a few small details on the spec house he built in Whitewater. Hope the people from Whitewater do come to the Springs next May, will be nice to have some more from Colorado attending. Will you be staying at the Hampton Inn.?

We made reservations at the Hampton Inn and the Residence Inn, so we can make a decision later on which one. The Residence Inn has a kitchen and we also get points. But may want to stay with the group. :dunno:

I drove right thru Whitewater Monday on my way home from Fruita. There is nothing in Whitewater except homes. My neice's husband is finishing up a few small details on the spec house he built in Whitewater. Hope the people from Whitewater do come to the Springs next May, will be nice to have some more from Colorado attending. Will you be staying at the Hampton Inn.?

We made reservations at the Hampton Inn and the Residence Inn, so we can make a decision later on which one. The Residence Inn has a kitchen and we also get points. But may want to stay with the group. :dunno:

Ho Ho Ho, who do you think you are fooling, the room at the Residence Inn is for all your clothes and beauty sleep, the room at the Hampton is for party time. :wave::wave::wave: You will be driving Daisey so you can bring more clothes and Marc will be in Tiffany, is that right?:chuckle:chuckle:chuckle

Well if you are going shopping with me when I get there than I guess I need another car don't I????? :chuckle

Ho Ho Ho, who do you think you are fooling, the room at the Residence Inn is for all your clothes and beauty sleep, the room at the Hampton is for party time. :wave::wave::wave: You will be driving Daisey so you can bring more clothes and Marc will be in Tiffany, is that right?:chuckle:chuckle:chuckle

Well if you are going shopping with me when I get there than I guess I need another car don't I????? :chuckle

That is absolutely correct, maybe a cute little trailer behind it, matching color. Nothing but the best for Missy SupaBling, Bling. :):):)

Wow you know how to get to a women's heart! Nothing but the best!!:chuckleShopping, matching trailers,and this list can go on and on!!:lol:
That is absolutely correct, maybe a cute little trailer behind it, matching color. Nothing but the best for Missy SupaBling, Bling. :):):)

It looks like you guys have the itinerary pretty well planned. Sorry I'm late offering this, but, would anyone be interested in a hands on detail clinic of Adam's Premium Car Care Products? Adam lives in Colorado Springs and has given me the go ahead to offer this. At this point Tracy and I are still just maybes on attending (in this economy you hang onto work when you have it), but the clinic could happen either way.
Also, if any one is interested, I'm an Adam's dealer and would be happy to provide product you may need.
Bruce

It looks like you guys have the itinerary pretty well planned. Sorry I'm late offering this, but, would anyone be interested in a hands on detail clinic of Adam's Premium Car Care Products? Adam lives in Colorado Springs and has given me the go ahead to offer this. At this point Tracy and I are still just maybes on attending (in this economy you hang onto work when you have it), but the clinic could happen either way.
Also, if any one is interested, I'm an Adam's dealer and would be happy to provide product you may need.
Bruce
Would Adams Polishes like to become a Supporting Vendor here?

Bruce

I would be interested in the clinic :blinzel:

Sounds like a great idea, Bruce. Hopefully you will be able to make the trip as well. Still a ways off, maybe the economy turns around by then. Thanks for thinking of everyone and giving us something to do while we are out there.

Bruce

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back