Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

I'm in Bowling Green, KY tonight for the annual Labor Day Celebration at the National Corvette Museum. Tonight I attended a VIP Reception for those that have been members for 10 yrs.
On my way down, I stopped to see a friend of mine who has draft horses. The Percheron has a baby who is about 5 months old, & the Belgian has a baby who is 17 months old. Those are some big babies!

Have fun Kathy. Becareful! Post some pics when you can.

Hey Kathy have a really good time wish we were with you sounds like a lot of fun.:willy_nilly: Please share lots of Pics with all of us.:D

Fred & Ingrid:wave::wave::wave::wave:

Last time online was July 25, 2009

Apparently I am not going to the store enough ....! Dave, so glad that you are enjoying your X to the fullest .... We have another member, who doesn't post anymore, but The Professor was also on his way to 200,000 with his.

I'm more than sure that we will not be putting on our annual 5 thousand miles for next year's meet in Asheville because we have made our reservations to "cruise" on the Sapphire Princess to Mexico at the same time. (Remember, any of you that can't make the Asheville trip, we can still get together on the cruise!) ....

Ray wanted to do both since he likes to drive .... he didn't think Ashville was THAT far ... I forget that before he married me he was a long-distance hauler ... to me 4-12hr days on the road seems like a nightmare :willy_nilly: Not so going, but coming home would seem like a jail sentence ... :pat:

I'm hoping that when y'all get together in Asheville and start planning the next year's (which I know you will do) - that you might plan it going West again .... I know we could plan a separate one, but we really miss our MM and E/W Coasters when we do that. Texas had a pretty good turnout ... Utah is beautiful, and of course, there is still Las Vegas :blinzel:

Hello RA,
Hope you are fine. I haven't been on the forum for over a year. I finally own my 2004 XLR Black Raven after making a total of 76 payments (over 1600+) and now I have fixed up the car so that it is working like brand new again (even the top). With no car payments anymore, I can now maintain the car, so I plan on using it again like before. As of September 3, 2010 my car has 216,107 miles on it. I only put on 4,000 miles this year but that will change since I will use the car everyday from now on again. So I hope to join some trips others have planned in the future with my car!! Pat and I will actually be going back to San Antonio for our 32nd anniversary which is September 30th. Looking forward to being on the Riverwalk again. We got a hotel that puts us on the second floor facing the river. I cleared up my private message box so I can receive messages again. Talk to you soon.
Henry / Professor:):beerchug::cool:

Henry ... Wow and Wow and Wow! :rocker: So nice to hear from you again .... and WOW, over 200,000 miles! That is definetly getting the most out of your car .... I know that you have enjoyed every single mile! You are in luck - there is always a cruise waiting to happen on your side of the States ... and I know that Floyd is always looking for a chance to join up with his new 'Vette ... he keeps in touch with a couple of other FL ex-XLR owner's and they too still "cruise" ...
So glad to hear that your are well -

The Riverwalk was so cool - I'll always be glad that we went - and hope to go back someday too.

Chicago V Meet

Attended a Cadillac V meet couple weeks ago at the Volo Museum, 21 Aug. Had the only flagship there and was definitely outpowered by every one else that showed up. There were 5 CTS-Vs, one of which was a V2.

Between the Lingenfelter V2
IMG_0005-1.jpg

Thunder grey and platinum
45246_423621394271_647094271_4945959_1964862_n.jpg

45246_423621404271_647094271_4945961_2090748_n.jpg

And a beautiful Black Raven
44636_423621634271_647094271_4945979_263702_n.jpg

The CTS-Vs were well represented.

And of course, I brought Firefox
44636_423621649271_647094271_4945982_1841219_n.jpg

I've done the museum thing before, but it was still a good time. Last year we had a Cadillac Midwest meet there and had a much bigger turnout.

I think I lucked out not having my plates yet. With all the construction on I-355, I inadvertently blew thru a toll station in the IPass lane on the way up (haven't received a ticket in the mail yet). However, on the way home, Mt Pleasant PD pulled me over cause the temp plate wasn't on the plate holder. He and I chatted for 20 minutes and he let me go with a verbal warning. My plates came in last week, so now I'm legal.

Looks like it was fun. Thanks for sharing the pictures.:D

Speedway:wave::wave::wave:

Do they have those "V" meets every year? I take it was in St Louis, wasn't it?

Do they have those "V" meets every year? I take it was in St Louis, wasn't it?
Yea,we do something twice a year - back in April they all went to dyno the cars and drag race in Indiana. And then there's always a bunch of Caddy owners that get together for the Chicago Auto Show in February.

This meet was at the the Volo Auto Museum 50 miles north of Chicago. Like most folks here, I don't mind a little roadtrip on a great summer day.

The Annual Midwest Cadillac Owners Meet this year was in your neck of the woods. I think it was June 11-13th in Minneapolis.

Just got home from driving in the parade in Fountain, CO. The last parade for the year, lots of great comments on the XLR and lots of fun. It was a long parade, good turnout, lots of entries and spectators.

Labor Day weekend

The Labor Day weekend is always full for Supa & I, as my Country Club has their biggest event that weekend. This year was twenty 4-man teams playing a 2-best ball calcutta, over two days.

Coinciding with this, as we are along the Kankakee River is the OPC Powerboat Nationals races on the river. This year was both exciting, fun and tragic over the two days, Saturday and Sunday. The fun and excitment was provided by my teamates and others, as we finished the first day at second place two shots out of the lead. Sunday we keep our good play going to finish tied for first, with a playoff determining the winner. Two thirds of the way through this Sunday round is when we witnessed the tragic event--not more than forty yards from us.

With the boat races going on we all seem to look out occasionally to see the action. This is when we saw a three boat accident in the first turn; (this turns toward the golf course) after the initial contact one of the boats continued at full speed toward the riverbank and the golf course. After hitting the bank the boat continued onto the golf course, with debris and boat parts flying everywhere. Luckily no one on shore was injured. Below is a link to amateur video of the accident. (It is not real visible of the boat going ashore, as it was shot from the other side of the river.) The boat driver was airlifted to Loyola University medical Center in Chicago and is in critical, but stable condition as of my last check.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaFHZXLd5GQ

This is a link to our local paper with the article and picture. The writer obviously didn't know a golf tournament was going on, as he stated it was a less populated area on the river.

http://daily-journal.com/archives/dj/display.php?id=461231

After more than an an hour delay on our golf, we finally finished tied for first and had enough daylight left for the playoff. This ended on the first playoff hole with our oppenents team making two putts of over thirty-five feet going in and beating us by one stroke.

Seeing the accident first hand, made me remember just how precious our time here on Earth is, and I'm thankful for everything I've been able to accomplish, place I've visited and the friends I've made over the years. Our time here is short, enjoy it while you can and never hold a grudge!! God Bless all of you, my XLR friends!

What a horror story - it is evident how deeply this has affected you - I get it. Real wake-up call ....
You did a great job of "reporting" the whole incident ... you write like a newspaper writer ... good job.

LinSue is here - she did not hear about the accident until you posted it -

(BTW have your ears been burning? We talk about Bourbannis, what a nice visit we had on your patio, our cars, etc.)

Congratulations on your golf game .... up until the accident it sounds like you were having the time of your life ...

Blessings to you and yours (my Mar) ..... we feel the same.

We are having "record breaking" weather once again here ... this is so weird .... cooler temperatures ... 20-30 degrees cooler than normal .... we are supposed to have drizzle tomorrow morning .... this just sucks ... I can't believe that LinSue has come and has to experience this .... and what's predicted for this weekend .... 82. :rolleyes:

I'm sure you two are still having a great time! With the weather you are having, it's just getting LinSue use to what we will be having shortly:lol::lol:

We are having "record breaking" weather once again here ... this is so weird .... cooler temperatures ... 20-30 degrees cooler than normal .... we are supposed to have drizzle tomorrow morning .... this just sucks ... I can't believe that LinSue has come and has to experience this .... and what's predicted for this weekend .... 82. :rolleyes:

Were finally getting some nice weather here in Arizona for the past 3 days. Actually top down weather mornings. Hope everyone else is also having some relief from this very hot and humid summer.:D

Speedway:wave::wave::wave:

"What the Hay" festival

Had a GREAT weekend here in Billings, MT!!! High 70's both days. Today we drove a couple hours north to the "What the Hay" festival between Hobson, MT and Utica, MT. At the end of combining grain, the farmers have a contest building "hay" things. Some are pretty ingeneous, others are just plain fun. Here are some pictures...

Was FINALLY nice here today... TOP DOWN...YEA :love::love::love:

Yeah ... we have top down weather too .... but guess what? The top won't go down ... :rolleyes: Thankfully, it started after a day out and Lola was in the garage ... We had put some stuff in the trunk, I hit the button on the dash and the deck lid went up; LinSue took the stuff out, hit the down button and .... nothin' ... So I tried to close the lid from the inside .... nothin' .... I did not want to force it shut, so I called the Cadillac tech and he came out about 20 minutes later ... he said, "It's the sensor" ... he BARELY pushed the deck lid up a little with his hand, and then hit the button and down came the trunk lid. He said he was pretty sure that was a fair warning that the sensor was out - but didn't have any way to test at the house. So, sure enough, we get up the next morning, get in the car - I hit the top-down button and ... nothing .... tried the lid cover button and .... nothin' ...... so, I called him back up, told him that Lola had given us all of the warning she was giving and to order the sensor. It's the one located midway on the left arm. So - I am so glad that this happened at home and not on one of our rides .... boy, I'm tellin' you ... these things are touchy.
Just so ya' know .... lol :blinzel:

My Harley has a vanity plate "NOSUSHI" the Harley guys will understand

I had to ask Kevin what the vanity plate meant. Your right Madmac he knew. He started laughing when I said what it said. Too bad your bike trip was cut short. Tell Thirsty One I said hi.:wave:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom