Part #
15806422 shaft/swaybar

11516078 nut (4)

15907003 link (2)

11515775 bolt (2)

10317560 insulator (2)

15142776 clamp (2)

Bruce :)

I've read much about the rear swaybar on both forums... what exactly does it do for the handling? And if it does that much, why doesn't GM just put it on at BG??
Rod aka mtrocket

On all of the ones that I have put on, everybody loves the way the car feels. It doesn't affect the ride quality. We have no idea why they are not installed during assembly.

On all of the ones that I have put on, everybody loves the way the car feels. It doesn't affect the ride quality. We have no idea why they are not installed during assembly.

Are they very difficult to install? I don't see anything in the service manual pertaining to installation. Could you post the installation procedures?
thanks
Rod

I've read much about the rear swaybar on both forums... what exactly does it do for the handling? And if it does that much, why doesn't GM just put it on at BG??
Rod aka mtrocket

They are standard equipment on the XLR-V and on the Corvettes. Don't know if it is a cost thing or not--it's really not that expense to buy the parts and add it. Being the frames are based on the Corvette everything is drilled and tapped where needed for the parts to bolt right on. The only other thing you need are the specs on torqueing the bolts; which I'm sure Bruce will also rovide if you don't have the shop manuals.

I can tell you, you will notice a diference in handling, especially driving 'twisties' as us Midwesterners did this past weekend in Southern Indiana. As far as the ride is doesn't change that aspect.

They are standard equipment on the XLR-V and on the Corvettes. Don't know if it is a cost thing or not--it's really not that expense to buy the parts and add it. Being the frames are based on the Corvette everything is drilled and tapped where needed for the parts to bolt right on. The only other thing you need are the specs on torqueing the bolts; which I'm sure Bruce will also rovide if you don't have the shop manuals.

I can tell you, you will notice a diference in handling, especially driving 'twisties' as us Midwesterners did this past weekend in Southern Indiana. As far as the ride is doesn't change that aspect.

Thanks... checked on price - my cost for all parts required is only $143.20. I have the shop manuals - must be listed as the rear stabilizer shift link?

Rod

Bruce,
Do you know if the XLR and the C6 use the same bars? I guess the front bar on the base and on the V are the same.
Thanks for the part numbers and all the info, this is high on my list of mods for this car. We're lucky to have you as a resource.
Bruce (not the tech)

No, the XLR-V bar is different from the C6. You could use either one, but the V bar seems to work really well without losing any ride quality.

Bruce :cool:

Where can I purchase the rear sway bar from?

Your local Cadillac dealer (they would be happy to see someone) or through an on-line GM parts source.

Or if you ask nice, I'm sure Cadillac Tech would order it for you and ship it to you.

If I'm not mistaken '08 and newer XLRs now come equipped with the bars.

Floyd (BB)

So Hiscubbiness, how was Russia? Marian said you had a great time and brought back some Russian Dressing.:pat:

The XLR-V is the only XLR to have the rear sway bar installed from the factory, regardless of the year.

Bruce, part of the confusion on that issue stems from Mr. XLR's website which says the 2008 base cars do have bars. FWIW.

I'm not sure whether the second-generation suspension needs one, though.

That has been the problem with Mr.XLR...he doesn't check into things himself (by looking under the car). He likes to copy and paste info. The '09 and '08 XLRs would also benefit from the rear sway bar.

Good old Allen (Mr-Xlr) that doesn't own an XLR, giving out info he knows nothing about. ooooooooooops! Guess I'm guilty of that too, but I do it as a novice, not a dealer. Boutique time.
Just came off some blogs checking that Amero money hoax out and let me tell ya, we are saints :angel over here compared to the language and fighting going on these blogs.:bash:
Sorry RA, didn't mean to borrow your angel.
The XLR-V is the only XLR to have the rear sway bar installed from the factory, regardless of the year.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back