Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

San Antonio, Texas "Blue Bunny" Rally May 20--May 23, 2009

I was just going to get my room, but I see there have been a few glitches, so I will wait to see if they get ironed out then get my room. I hope someone made me a reservation at Hooter's.
Hans and I went to Hooters in Vegas on the way to RI in Abluquerque, they didn't have much in the way of hooters, I guess the hooters where all on the strip.
Denny Crane, "your a Hoot"
NOHooters.jpg

Reservation Made

Just finished making my reservation. Only the first three nights are @ $169.00, Saturday night is $239.00. Parking is $22.00 per day and the tax is 16.75 % for a grand total of $1,196.65, roughly $300.00 per day. Just thought you might like that little bit of information. First Robin:patriot:

Just finished making my reservation. Only the first three nights are @ $169.00, Saturday night is $239.00. Parking is $22.00 per day and the tax is 16.75 % for a grand total of $1,196.65, roughly $300.00 per day. Just thought you might like that little bit of information. First Robin:patriot:

Post from Jetboy:
Just got on the hotel's site to make sure we got a good rate. Henry negotiated a rate $50 under their current best rate for that date so I will wait until he posts the code to make my reservations. He also negotiated for 3 days in advance and 3 days after in case anyone wants to make a longer stay.

Some of the hotels were already fully booked during the second 2 weeks of May so when Henry posts the link and code you will want to book early. Also post you have booked in case he needs to up our commitment of blocked rooms.

Robin,

I'd send a PM to professor and find out about the different price. According to Kent they were giving the discount before and after the dates. Let us know what you find out.

I made my reservations for the 20th to the 24, included Sat night, the hotel bill was $789. The same per day charge for the day after our event, the night of 23th. I'm not leaving till Sunday morning.

Anyone know if we'll get a parking area assigned to the group?

Chad

I made my reservations for the 20th to the 24, included Sat night, the hotel bill was $789. The same per day charge for the day after our event, the night of 23th. I'm not leaving till Sunday morning.

Anyone know if we'll get a parking area assigned to the group?

Chad
Just printed out the confirmation and it came thru at the same as yours Chad so I guess the young lady that made the reservation for me didn't get the word about the 4th night. Then we have to add on the $22.00 (self parking) plus tax and that equals $102.74 equals $891.74 equals $222.94 per day/night. Sounds lots better, I am so frugal, can not change the way I was brought up during those hard WWII years. First Robin:patriot:

Hmmmm .... :confused: Kind of confusing .... the online reservation would only let me book the 20th thru the 23rd at the "PTU" rate .... we were going to try to come in a day early (19th) .... I was going to call and check the rates too. So... I guess it's sort of like "Tag! You're it!" ... :willy_nilly:

There were still a lot of other hotels right in the same area that have good rates too. It's a "walking" town .... so if some of us booked at another hotel - hey, we could have a choice of places to :party!

Hmmmm .... :confused: Kind of confusing .... the online reservation would only let me book the 20th thru the 23rd at the "PTU" rate .... we were going to try to come in a day early (19th) .... I was going to call and check the rates too. So... I guess it's sort of like "Tag! You're it!" ... :willy_nilly:

There were still a lot of other hotels right in the same area that have good rates too. It's a "walking" town .... so if some of us booked at another hotel - hey, we could have a choice of places to :party!
:bash: No Ruthie, we want you where we are, I hear you are the original party animal and you are going to have to teach me how to party, I am just an old gray haired hippie from the mountains, don't know anything about parties. Just call the hotel and tell them what you want, the nice young lady typed everything in, then it went to another person that sent the confirmation and the price came out correct. First Robin:patriot:

:bash: No Ruthie, we want you where we are, I hear you are the original party animal and you are going to have to teach me how to party, I am just an old gray haired hippie from the mountains, don't know anything about parties. Just call the hotel and tell them what you want, the nice young lady typed everything in, then it went to another person that sent the confirmation and the price came out correct. First Robin:patriot:
It is true she is the original party animal.

Oh, no ..... my GFs (girlfriends) Little Woman, Missy Bling, and the rest of the gals (you know who you are!) on the WC .... and all of the Bad Boys :reddevil:reddevil:reddevil on the forum ....they are the entertainment ... I merely sit back, drink my wine, and laugh (and laugh) at their antics .... It is amazing the amount of wit and humor these people have. I wonder if Ben will join us with his new wife .... OMG .... do you think she would be ready for us??

We are booked for the 3 nights at the Hilton ...

Oh, no ..... my GFs (girlfriends) Little Woman, Missy Bling, and the rest of the gals (you know who you are!) on the WC .... and all of the Bad Boys :reddevil:reddevil:reddevil on the forum ....they are the entertainment ... I merely sit back, drink my wine, and laugh (and laugh) at their antics .... It is amazing the amount of wit and humor these people have. I wonder if Ben will join us with his new wife .... OMG .... do you think she would be ready for us??

Oh Madam you get us going. If I remeber correctly, the rest of us did not have ballons outside our rooms.

I'm sure Ben's wife has the same sense of humor Ben does, so she will be ready. Besides Ben has plenty of time to prepare her for us, or can he. :willy_nilly:

Oh .... but, Little Woman .... it was YOUR husband and his buddy who put them outside my door! :laugh::lol::laugh:

Oh .... but, Little Woman .... it was YOUR husband and his buddy who put them outside my door! :laugh::lol::laugh:

I resemble that remark!! Speaking of Marc's I think it was his idea! You only got balloons because I couldn't find a piano to bring up to your room. Wait there was a piano--couldn't fit it in the elevator:laugh::laugh::lol::laugh::laugh:

Hope you're ready for another:party:party:party:party:beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

Well, that's alot of money for an old dude saving for retirement..........again. Anyone coming in as a single want to share a room? I don't have my bankroll Hans with me to share expenses.
Don't know if I can do this otherwise.

Well, that's alot of mone for an old dude saving for retirement..........again. Anyone coming in as a single want to share a room? I don't have my bankroll Hans with me to share expenses.
Don't know if I can do this otherwise.

I was beginning to think I was the only one who thought those prices were a bit over-the-top--hey! It's only Texas!!!
Plus the $$$$ for self-parking??!!

Floyd

With all that grazing land for cows, that's pretty expensive parking. I'll park mine at the mall, Oh, wait, I am at the mall, and catch a boat back to the motel first.
First your staying at their hotel and getting ripped, then you get ripped to park your car and get ripped for hotel taxes. My god I wonder how much the drinks are? One water Please!
I may have to vote for O' Bama so I get some of that middle and lower class money to play with the rich folk.
I was beginning to think I was the only one who thought those prices were a bit over-the-top--hey! It's only Texas!!!

Floyd

Floyd

There are a bunch of nice hotels really close together .... and not quite so pricey ... Like I said before, it would be nice if we booked all over the RiverWalk .... we'll be doing lot's of walking anyway - and it will be fun to visit the other hotel bars! :drink: Hopefully, we will all be able to walk back to our own! :reddevil :pat:

Some people want to use up their "points" at other hotels too.

I will have plenty of points to use but don't know if they would apply at these fancy hotels or motels near the RIVer Walk. I stayed at a points hotel and was not very pleased with the accommodations. Guess I''l have to use the ones that cost more points. What the Hey, I've got about a hundred thousand of them.
There are a bunch of nice hotels really close together .... and not quite so pricey ... Like I said before, it would be nice if we booked all over the RiverWalk .... we'll be doing lot's of walking anyway - and it will be fun to visit the other hotel bars! :drink: Hopefully, we will all be able to walk back to our own! :reddevil :pat:

Some people want to use up their "points" at other hotels too.

I have been told that our Midwest Maurader's are checking in to alternate hotel's ... That is great! We really understand the costs involved in long distance driving .... It sounds as though the Hilton pricing / + parking fees could be a factor in the decision of being able to attend - or not.
This economy is pretty unstable right now, and many of us have multiple trips planned next year .... so I like the idea of a choice of hotels ... stay tuned!! :blinzel:

We can't lose sight of the fact that this is a RENDEZVOUS - A time for us to get together and meet again and have fun! Where we stay cannot be an issue. Heck, I would sleep in the XLR if I had to! (That's a big fat lie .... but, y'all know what I mean!)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom