Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

The Weather Channel

We are starting to get warmer here. High of 32 yesterday! Surprisingly we find that nice this time of year. :chuckle

Big big snow storm heading our way. Suppose to have blizzard like conditions and I think 12-18 inches of snow for this area. Good luck Whit.
:(

5 below for a HIGH today, 18 below tonight... windchills in the 30-40 below range. BRRRRR!!! Only a skiff of snow overnight, though, guess it's too cold to snow...
40's Thursday and Friday, then snow and 20 on Sunday... Ahhh, February in Montana - a temperature rollercoaster.

The snow has started here. Been snowing since around 4:00-5:00. The blizzard like conditions are suppose to be tomorrow late afternoon. This is the best mother nature has got? :dunno: I have two cases of beer and a carton of smokes. I am ready!

The snow has started here. Been snowing since around 4:00-5:00. The blizzard like conditions are suppose to be tomorrow late afternoon. This is the best mother nature has got? :dunno: I have two cases of beer and a carton of smokes. I am ready!

I'd almost welcome the blizzard as opposed to the 1/2" of ice we are getting. Snow doesn't topple power lines. Snow tires work on snow not ice. Missouri activated the national guard to assist travelers along the highways. Ameren Illinois is prepping for power outages (Green Bay sent down 50 trucks to assist with power line repairs). News says its half over, but the worst is yet to come with the cold and high winds coming.

NE corner of Montana, in Glasgow, the windchill was -56 last night. At that temperature, it takes less than 15 minutes for frostbite to begin...
Here in Billings, the windchill last night was -20. 40's are forecast for Thursday, Friday & Saturday. Back to 20's for next week.

Nasty winter storm

We're getting blasted by a nasty winter storm. We're not quite as cold as what MT is dealing with, but it sure feels like it with the strong winds. We have several inches of sleet and snow on the ground and more white stuff is on it's way. Travel is very hazardous! Our friends in Northern IN & IL are bracing for a dumping of 24" of snow!!! Stay warm, be safe and pray for an early spring.:cool:

34 degrees for tomorrow morning, high of 49 tomorrow, Colorado Springs was six below this morning. My good friend upstairs sure takes care of me. So happy to be in AZ.

Wind gusts over 55mph here in Chicago ... we are getting SLAMMED right now! Whiteout conditions with the gusts. We're getting the worst storm in over 40 years!

Anyone in the path of this big system - be safe! I left work early today (3pm) and it took over 2 hours to get home. I sure hope they close the office tomorrow (I'm perfectly fine with working from home). They boys' schools have already cancelled classes for Wednesday.

Word on every local news channel ... STAY INSIDE! I'm gonna take that advice.

Stay safe everyone! :wave:

Wind gusts over 55mph here in Chicago ... we are getting SLAMMED right now! Whiteout conditions with the gusts. We're getting the worst storm in over 40 years!

Anyone in the path of this big system - be safe! I left work early today (3pm) and it took over 2 hours to get home. I sure hope they close the office tomorrow (I'm perfectly fine with working from home). They boys' schools have already cancelled classes for Wednesday.

Word on every local news channel ... STAY INSIDE! I'm gonna take that advice.

Stay safe everyone! :wave:

We are getting 1 inch of snow an hour right now wind gust 30 mph. They are telling us worse is yet to come. Suppose to pick up to 3-4 inches of snow an hour gust of 60 mph. I have already told Kevin I will be working from home tomorrow. He on the other hand is going to attempt it. They issued a warning this afternoon around noon for Kankakee county asking people to please stay off the roads only leave your house in case of emergency. Not suppose to stop till tomorrow late afternoon. This is insane!

Made it in!!!

I made it in this morning. I was the only sole on the road besides the plow trucks. I don't know if I will be able to get back home today due to the blowing & drifting. This stuff won't be melting anytime soon.

We didn't even attempt it. You can't even tell where the road is and where our front lawn is. Looks like someone decided to use the yard across the street as part of the yard. I haven't seen one plow truck yet go by.

Just got back in the house from snowblowing the drive, walks and a spot in the back yard for the dogs' duties!! Only took 1-1/2 hours--including the 3-1/2 foot drift in front of both overhead doors. Plow has yet to go by in our neighborhood, then I'll have to go clean the drive again:(:(

All our midwestern friends be safe!! Bruce, you are a dedicated worker!!! Did Kathy try and go in as well?

The storm you guys are having now is finally done with us here. (it's moving East, DUH). The ice sucks! Haven't been out of the house since Sunday. It's sunny here Wed. morning, but COLD!! Finally going to get out the house and brave the cold :( Gawd,,,,,,, I hate snow, cold & ice!!!

All our midwestern friends be safe!! Bruce, you are a dedicated worker!!! Did Kathy try and go in as well?

I'm working from home today...and yesterday! On Monday I brought enough work home for 2 days!

Snow, Snow, and more Snow

I must say it is beautiful, and I did make it in to work, with no problems, the road was snowy, and slick, but driveable. I love my 4-wheel drive, it is a real help. I have about a hour and half before I leave, unless they take pitty on me and let me go at 4:00. It is snowing again, and suppose to be very cold tomorrow, but it could have been worse for us, we didn't get freezing rain, which is worse than sleet, but we got sleet. When you walk on the snow it is like frozen sugar. Oh, well, summer is coming....and like I said, it is beautiful ....

jeanie :)

I was out at 6:30 this morning with the snow blower. It took 2 hours to get everything cleared. I made it in to work at 9:30. Most of the county roads had not seen a plow at that time. We are lucky, the milk semi comes down our road to the dairy farms in the area. Late last night a pay loader was out clearing our road for the semi. When I got how last night about 8:30, our road was just about impassable. Gotta love the snow.

And who would have thought when I booked my travel plans a week and
a half ago to the Super Bowl, that it would be 14 degrees in Dallas !!!---with snow !!

Hey Cubby!!! Been on Lake Shore Dr Today!! :chuckle. Saw it on the news tonight,,, I've seen junk yards with less stalled cars than that road has tonight! :laugh:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom