Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Corvette and XLR show/party 9/17-18/2010

Misc ramblings...

The weather is going to be PERFECT!!!!!!! Yeaaaaaaa!

I got the dining room, (aka garage) pressure washed today and other things done. Pretty much in full gear now. Non stop now.

BBQ Guy setting up early Friday afternoon. Will be smokin' when you all arrive! He is trying a couple of new things. We'll have chickens, a case of ribs, beef brisquit and some pork butts. All smoked and seasoned with proprietary blends.

Oh and I picked up the salmon to smoke today too.

I have to make seating and build the camp fire. Mow and trim both houses. All part of it.

I will have my pressure washer set up here and full washing facilities ready to go. Maybe Marc and Kev can start that detail at oh, say the usual 4AM HA LOL

I am going to take the golf cart to MAM so we can get around easy.

Got the new ballast installed for the 2nd flagpole light working well now.

Always something. Looks like about 40 of us!!

Bob

The weather is going to be PERFECT!!!!!!! Yeaaaaaaa!

I got the dining room, (aka garage) pressure washed today and other things done. Pretty much in full gear now. Non stop now.

BBQ Guy setting up early Friday afternoon. Will be smokin' when you all arrive! He is trying a couple of new things. We'll have chickens, a case of ribs, beef brisquit and some pork butts. All smoked and seasoned with proprietary blends.

Oh and I picked up the salmon to smoke today too.

I have to make seating and build the camp fire. Mow and trim both houses. All part of it.

I will have my pressure washer set up here and full washing facilities ready to go. Maybe Marc and Kev can start that detail at oh, say the usual 4AM HA LOL

I am going to take the golf cart to MAM so we can get around easy.

Got the new ballast installed for the 2nd flagpole light working well now.

Always something. Looks like about 40 of us!!

Bob

Bob, it sounds like you have things under control. It is going to be a great event...best one yet! Don't work too hard, you don't want to wear yourself out,it's going to be a wild weekend.:rocker:

I think there will be 10 beautiful XLRs all parked together @ MAM on Saturday. 40 people...WOW!

Per a MAM post on facebook;

If you aren't registered for Funfest or didn't get your registration materials, please ENTER gate 2 FOR On-Site Registration when you arrive.

Bob

Bob,

I will heading down on Friday morning (probably alone - unless Devin can pull some better grades out of a hat soon :dunno:). I'm in for dinner Friday night. :wave:

Well - I'm trying to work out the logistics... Devin appears to have pulled his grades up. :jaw: So we're trying to just see how little school he can miss. Probably going to pick him up after lunch - and head on down. So make that two for dinner Friday night. :rocker:

Well - I'm trying to work out the logistics... Devin appears to have pulled his grades up. :jaw: So we're trying to just see how little school he can miss. Probably going to pick him up after lunch - and head on down. So make that two for dinner Friday night. :rocker:

Way to go Devin! :rocker:

A great incentive to hit the books!

We are glad to report that George will be joining us!

Thanks, Bob

MAPS!

First is an area view to show you where in general Mattoon is.

Mapone.jpg

If you are coming from the east, this is the route I usually take. Exit I70 at exit 119, Route 130/Greenup IL. Head south to the 4 way stop. West on 121, thru town toward Toledo. Thru Toledo past the large sweeping turn north and up to Rt 45. 45 North, pass under I57 and Left at the stoplight. A McDonalds will be on the East side. From there go to the detail map.

I70Easttohouse.jpg

Detail Map;

From I57 Exit 184 / Rt 45 intersection just South on Mattoon; Rt 45 North 1/4 mile to first stoplight. McDonalds will be on the East side. Turn Left (west) and travel about 2 1/2 miles to first stop sign (Lake Rd.) Thru stop, over a little bridge and first Left. I am the 5th house on the Right. Should be hard to miss!

DetailI57tohouse.jpg

There is a ramp at the end of the driveway that could give Corvettes the possibility of a nose scrape. Just before my house is a road out to the shop. Pull in there and nose in diagonally I'll have the truck parked there.

Bob

A great incentive to hit the books!

We are glad to report that George will be joining us!

Thanks, Bob

It's great to hear that Devin & George both will be joining the group...it wouldn't be the same with out them.:wave:

Too Much stuff!!

We will be heading down Friday afternoon with a four car caravan--Todd & Karen are bringing the XLR-V & the ZR-1. Because I have so much to bring down, Supa will be in the SHO and I in Scarlett-V. See you all for dinner on Friday night!!:):)

I'm tired. Worked all day. You know that I am a tool guy. All I can say is that The backhoe, chainsaw, circular saw, routers, and a variety of other power tools were used.

Hope that I have time to clean up my car....

Bob

Cadillac Tech always told me that friendship takes a lot of work .... this just shows how much you care. :rocker:

'Hope you all have a wonderful weekend ....

:party

RA, Wish you could be here too!

Bob

Bob,
I can hardly wait to see a fire pit that took all that equipment to build. You have all the toys!

Glad to see that George is coming - I thought that I would have to make a stop at Longs' Donut Shop for him. (George don't take your car to Bruce unless you take donuts).
Julie

Porta potties will be delivered tomorrow AM. I was going to have a pilot friend bring out his helicopter to give rides. Unfortunately it is commited elsewhere :(.

Porta potties will be delivered tomorrow AM. I was going to have a pilot friend bring out his helicopter to give rides. Unfortunately it is commited elsewhere :(.

Wow, it will feel like going to a state fair... so tell us, Bob, how big of a FERRIS WHEEL did you build? :chuckle

Can't wait to head down there tomorrow... its going to be SOOO FUN!!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU Bob - for ALL the work you are doing and for all of the coordinating info you have supplied. You're an awesome PROJECT MANAGER. :rocker:

Homegrown in the Heartland

I heard this morning that our buddy Homegrown will be joining us @ MAM/Bobfest '10...that is Great news!!! 11 XLRs.:rocker:

Still room for another one. MAM Blocked space for 12!

Surely someone is still on the fence about joining us......

Bob

Wow this party has grown!!!! Good job Bob & Paula looking forward to this weekend. It's always a great time!!!!

Still room for another one. MAM Blocked space for 12!

Surely someone is still on the fence about joining us......

Bob

If there are only 12 spaces, should the Grand Sprot & ZR-1 park with the Corvettes? I know that Todd is bringing his V, but I don't know if Quinn is bringing her V.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom