Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

Eat your heart out RA, the kids are spending Ali's 40th at Paris when we're cruisin'. Restaurant is Mon Ami Gabi, I think, but I guess you knew that... I'm practicing blackjack since I stink at slots.....lol

I think we will go for a drive tomorrow. The weather should be good for a run to Madison, IN. We may make a stop in Bethlehem, IN for the Autumn On The River Festival. :wave:

Here's a few pictures from our trip to Madison, IN & Bethlehem, IN last month;

MadisonIN2011064.jpg

MadisonIN2011055.jpg

MadisonIN2011044.jpg

MadisonIN2011040.jpg

MadisonIN2011019.jpg

MadisonIN2011096.jpg

MadisonIN2011078.jpg

What beautiful pictures, Bruce... looked like a gorgeous day!

I miss our Fall Drives ... maybe we can do one for 2012. :cool:

Thanks for sharing!

making memories....

What beautiful pictures, Bruce... looked like a gorgeous day!

I miss our Fall Drives ... maybe we can do one for 2012. :cool:

Thanks for sharing!

That was a beautiful drive, it was a spur of the moment, a simple yes, and we were on our way the next day. I was washing Zoey Friday nite at 8:00, in the dark, alone, took her home and speed shined her, she looked so pretty, packed what I wanted to take, and I was ready...Left Saturday morning from Bruce and Kathy's, I drove Kathy's car, she drove Zoey, we stopped and got gas and changed drivers, it was beautiful out, felt so good to be on the road again. The drive into Madison was amazing. There was a festival going on in the middle of town, you buy tickets and use them to buy food...what fun. The people were all happy and friendly. We left there and drove to Bethlehem, IN for a festival. It was right on the Ohio River, what a beautiful place, Needless to say, I had a wonderful time....when we left, Bruce drove Zoey, with me in it, and my eyes closed...it was quiet a drive out to the main road from the Ohio River...We stopped to eat later, I rode home with Kathy, Bruce drove Zoey all the way home...he played my music, maybe he listened to Country??? All in all it was a wonderful drive and day, thanks to my kids for thinking of me and letting me tag along, they are the best ...Great weather, beautiful scenery, good company, and last but not least, wonderful GM American Made cars...:patriot: The best!

That was a beautiful drive, it was a spur of the moment, a simple yes, and we were on our way the next day. I was washing Zoey Friday nite at 8:00, in the dark, alone, took her home and speed shined her, she looked so pretty, packed what I wanted to take, and I was ready...Left Saturday morning from Bruce and Kathy's, I drove Kathy's car, she drove Zoey, we stopped and got gas and changed drivers, it was beautiful out, felt so good to be on the road again. The drive into Madison was amazing. There was a festival going on in the middle of town, you buy tickets and use them to buy food...what fun. The people were all happy and friendly. We left there and drove to Bethlehem, IN for a festival. It was right on the Ohio River, what a beautiful place, Needless to say, I had a wonderful time....when we left, Bruce drove Zoey, with me in it, and my eyes closed...it was quiet a drive out to the main road from the Ohio River...We stopped to eat later, I rode home with Kathy, Bruce drove Zoey all the way home...he played my music, maybe he listened to Country??? All in all it was a wonderful drive and day, thanks to my kids for thinking of me and letting me tag along, they are the best ...Great weather, beautiful scenery, good company, and last but not least, wonderful GM American Made cars...:patriot: The best!

Jean, what a picturesque description of your fall trip to the Ohio River!
Certainly would love to have been there too. A beautiful image I can practically see before me....

Your moments remind me when I first met this group in Madison on the second day I owned my XLR. Last year (October 23rd) I arrived from North Carolina and I was sitting roadside waiting at the Visitor Center. And here they come....a Silver Vette leading a string of XLRs down a yellow and reddened hill as the colorful fall leaves swept into the air all frantically wisking away from their wake. An awesome sight indeed...

You paint a pretty and memorable picture my dear....Brings back many warm memories. Thanks for sharing it!!!!
Steve

Cabernet Sauvignon Ice Cream

Thought this looked interesting...

Posted in: Food & Wine Pairings & Recipes
By Robert Johnson, Editor
Feb 23, 2009 - 8:00 AM

cabsauvic.jpg

Our friends at Alexander Valley Vineyards came up with this wonderful recipe a few years ago. We've tried it with Cabernet Sauvignon (as the recipe calls for), as well as Merlot, Primitivo, Cabernet Franc and Zinfandel . . . and every time, it turns out delicious! It's best made with an ice cream maker, and if you have such a machine, it's extremely easy to assemble. Enjoy!

* 1 bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon (or other red wine)
* 1 cup sugar
* 4 cups cream
* 2-3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

Place the wine and sugar in a large saucepan. Heat to dissolve the sugar.

Reduce the syrup to 1 1/2 cups. Chill the wine syrup completely.

Mix the cream, wine syrup and lemon juice.

Place the mixture in your ice cream maker, and turn on the motor (or start cranking).

Beautiful weather here for Thanksgiving

Absolutely beautiful here on Thanksgiving Day. Sunny, clear and 65 degrees!

It just didn't make sense to fix the "big meal" for just the two of us, so we went out to eat our Thanksgiving lunch. We drove Crimson Pearl, and then rode by Best Buy and Target to see if folks were "lined up" or "camping out" to get their Black Friday bargains.

Just 8 or 10 people at Target, but quite a few tents at Best Buy!

Oh well, they can have it!

Just counting our blessings on this day, we consider ourselves to be very blessed.

Absolutely beautiful here on Thanksgiving Day. Sunny, clear and 65 degrees!

It just didn't make sense to fix the "big meal" for just the two of us, so we went out to eat our Thanksgiving lunch. We drove Crimson Pearl, and then rode by Best Buy and Target to see if folks were "lined up" or "camping out" to get their Black Friday bargains.

Just 8 or 10 people at Target, but quite a few tents at Best Buy!

Oh well, they can have it!

Just counting our blessings on this day, we consider ourselves to be very blessed.

About the same here today in PA it was a little cooler about 58 degrees but, just a wonderful day for Thanksgiving! Had our full course meal and spent from 12:00 to 4:30 with family. Then just the wife & I went to enjoy some time together at movies! Now going to pick up our oldest grand daughter to keep tonight & Saturday night. Tomorrow is set up Christmas tree day and do some decorating. Hoping you all had a great day too! God Bless you all! :wave:

We had beautiful weather as well here in Montana. 50's with sunshine all day. Had a great big heapin' helpin' of the 2 F's of Thanksgiving... FAMILY & FOOD!!!! ALthough there were only 4 of us... we did the whole shebang; hard to think of Thanksgiving without LEFTOVERS!!!

For all the humidity, heat, bugs etc of where I live, it's made up for when we have a crystal clear blue sky, 68 degree day in late Nov & I can take Beauty out topless. I need to remember this when I'm complaining about the heat & bugs!

Ate like a pig yesterday but still fit in the car! :lol: Hope all of you had a great Turkey Day, aren't too wiped out from Black Fri (if you do that), & enjoy a long weekend!! :wave:

Went to a car show today, had the only Caddy there until a new V series showed up long after registration ended. A few pics from the show (had more but couldn't get them to upload): 1. Hulk themed Camaro, nobody else had an engine paint job like that there. 2. Couple of shots of a Corvette done up in a way I've never seen. Everything black in the engine was carbon fiber covered. 3. I took this because the "Warning" sign (if you can make it out) made me laugh -- the whole truck made me laugh because the front of it had Lemans stripes and a wreath with Merry Christmas!

Nice visit with Supa and Cuppy

Paula and I spent a fun evening with Kevin and Marion. We were invited to a Christmas party of mutual business friends. Former co-workers of I and vendors to Kevin's company. We had a blast at the bier stoop and just being together.

Thank you Kevin and Marion for your friendship and hospitality.

Bob

The Cadillac LaSalle Club did a car show yesterday at the Pavillions. I had "Little Bugger" on display. Kent and Efrain stopped by, was good to see them again and spend some time with them. The show was to raise money for Ronald McDonald House. A lot of Illinois people are members of the Club and some from Colorado, a nice group of people. There were two other XLR's in the show. Glad I joined the Club.

We went to the dealer today to take advantage of the current offering of 0% financing on 2011 Escalades and SRXs. We ended up trading in our 2008 Escalade ESV Platinum for a Turbo SRX.

We found out that the Turbo model didn't sell very well and they quit making them. It appears that buyers only wanted to buy the SRX with the regular 6 cyl engine and wouldn't order the Turbo model. We got the last Turbo model the dealer had. It has most everything the Escalade had and some of the newer options (bluetooth, etc) that were not available in 2008.

We will test it out when we go to Las Vegas for Christmas.

This was a really fun day ... we went to the 'swap meet' (aka flea market) ... while we were checking out the different vendors we could hear a really familiar and DISTINCT voice .... all he said was "yeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!" .....

Dave Hesler was working as hard as his crew selling his used items .... he had 4 haulers full of 'stuff' ..... all of the licnse plates said YUUUP ..... he was very personable too ... We are hooked on 'Storage Wars' and 'Pickers' ....

[
View attachment 1638

View attachment 1637

Steve ... neither one of us could even remember exactly what a Monza looked like, so we dragged out the ol' car books and checked it out and ... hell yeah! then we remembered it! You're right - it did just sort of fade away - Now we will be looking .... :wave:

Stumbled on this series of pictures showing a Chevy Monza Spyder. This one is almost identical to mine except for the interior color (I had beige instead of black). Otherwise same in everyway.....

Steve

1977 Chevrolet Monza Spyder V8 Automatic A/C Only 10K original miles always stored inside - Selling Assistant Consignment Vehicles For Sale

Fun lunch

We drove up to Lafayette, IN yesterday to have lunch with Cubby & Supa, Marc & Kris, & Photo Mom. It was GREAT spending the afternoon with such GOOD friends. Marc picked up his monster order of Girl Scout cookies from Supa...he probably ate a couple of boxes on the drive home.:lol::lol:

...he probably ate a couple of boxes on the drive home.:lol::lol:

He already called to see if he could buy some of mine!! :laugh::laugh:

It was great getting to see everyone!! Hopefully spring is here soon and we can get the cars back out and hit the 'twisties' !!:cool::cool:

It was great getting to see everyone!! Hopefully spring is here soon and we can get the cars back out and hit the 'twisties' !!:cool::cool:

Glad all you guys had a chance to get together. I too, can't wait for Spring! I miss my XLR buddies! Spring will be here soon, I hope. :D

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom