Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Funfest 2011 (Bobfest)

What timing....

I was in PA over the weekend and got a frantic call about water pouring into the basement. Seems that the water heater decided to fail in a big way.

Now the basement is all torn up and will have to be rebuilt. It will be a close race to have it done by the time you all are here.

Bob

I have a meeting and presentation with MAM on Friday regarding our group and how it fits in with Funfest. I have been working on a powerpoint presentation. Any suggestions/additions or volunteers?

Bob

I have a meeting and presentation with MAM on Friday regarding our group and how it fits in with Funfest. I have been working on a powerpoint presentation. Any suggestions/additions or volunteers?

Bob

Definitely include some of the awesome pictures of all of the XLR's grouped together (and include some FUNFEST 2010 pictures of our group). And some BOWLING GREEN ASSEMBLY PLANT pictures.

Just some ideas. :wave:

When you register, put XLR in the comments section

I'm sure some of us have already registered and didn't put anything....I basically did it the way I have been for the past three years (Marked as a coupe).

Most of us have been going in as a group, so we shouldn't have a problem.

When you register, put XLR in the comments section

One thing that is not going to work out this year is access to the long runway at the airport. I met with our airport manager today and it is not going to happen.

What this is all about is I was trying to gain access to the 6500 ft long main runway at the local airport for us to do a few high speed passes on. It just gets too complicated with the FAA and all the liability stuff. Oh well, it was a great idea though....

Bob

Back in the old days a buddy of mine told me "lets go to the Edna airport and see how fast your car goes" Its a small, old abandoned one. So we did, but there were no signs saying runway ends HERE! We lucked out and survived our trip into the weeds and dirt. Wow what a memory.
:naughty: Kids eh

I have finally worked out the other stuff and will be able to attend Bobfest! As I started on the registrations I came up with a few questions y'all may be able to help with.

Do I register for the event under club parking or regular registration?

Does anyone know what time the Fun Run is on Thursday? Are we invited to participate in non-Vettes? Anyone else participating?

Is the Holiday Inn Express serving as ground zero? I realize there may not be rooms still available.

TIA

I have finally worked out the other stuff and will be able to attend Bobfest! As I started on the registrations I came up with a few questions y'all may be able to help with.

Do I register for the event under club parking or regular registration?

Does anyone know what time the Fun Run is on Thursday? Are we invited to participate in non-Vettes? Anyone else participating?

Is the Holiday Inn Express serving as ground zero? I realize there may not be rooms still available.

TIA

Fred,

In answer to a couple of your questions - yes, register under CLUB parking - put Midwest XLR club or XLR Club as the name of the club.

I cannot find any info on the Fun Run - you may want to call MAM on that one (I'm sure they will let the XLR's participate. I think Sandy (Graytoad) said she wanted to do the fun run.

Bob's house is pretty much "Ground Zero" - we pretty much just sleep at the Holiday Inn. Bob will have more info as we get closer (directions, etc...).

Thats great that you are able to join us. As Bruce says ... this IS the Party of the Summer!!! :rocker:

I just found the Fun Drive info on the registration page. Lineup is at 3:30.

I'm thinking I will be there in time.

That is good news! After the fun run on Thursday (Now that there is/are another XLR (S) I might have to do that too). If you need something to do on Friday, C'mon out. Ill put you to work! How are you with a backhoe, chain saw, etc..... LOL

Bob

We plan on being there on Thursday in time for the fun run and street show. We are leaving home Wednesday morning and driving about 9 or 10 hours then do the final 4 Thursday morning. (total trip time of 13.5 hours plus border crossing time and stretch-your-legs time)

That is good news! After the fun run on Thursday (Now that there is/are another XLR (S) I might have to do that too). If you need something to do on Friday, C'mon out. Ill put you to work! How are you with a backhoe, chain saw, etc..... LOL

Bob

No problem, I have lots of seat time on a hoe. The docs have put the chainsaw off limits for me. I'll be sure and pack some work clothes.

MAPS!

Here are some maps that might help you on your journey here.

First is a central Illinois area map;

Mapone.jpg

If you are coming from the east along I70, here is a good way to trim off a few miles.
I70Easttohouse.jpg

From Exit 184 off I57 to my house

DetailI57tohouse.jpg

Finally from Holiday Inn Express to my house

My contact numbers are
Bob Leonard
Residence: 217 234 9535
Mobile:217 254 9535

Address: 3689 W. Lake Paradise Rd. Mattoon, IL 61938

HEItoLeonards.jpg

Add Karen and I to the List. We will be there.
Todd

I'm so glad you two are going to make it this year! Haven't seen you two in a while - it will be great seeing you again. :rocker:

Holiday Inn Express in Mattoon just confirmed my room. Initially they said the block was full, but then honored the rate.

Holiday Inn Express in Mattoon just confirmed my room. Initially they said the block was full, but then honored the rate.
That's great, Fred. Looking forward to seeing you next month. :wave:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back