Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Rear swaybar parts list '04-'09

I definitely noticed a difference with adding the sway bars to my '05. easily noticeable since the 2005 never had a rear sway bar installed. Easy do-it-yourself project, took me less than an hour to do both and torque them, pretty funny it actually took me longer to get mine up in the air then it did to add the swaybars.

How true... one of the simplest add-ons there could be for this car!!

I will be interested in your evaluation of the difference, if any, that you notice after the installation.

Yesterday the "anti-sway bar" installation was completed very easily. My dealer commented that they are surprised not more XLR owners install this improvement.

Due to holiday traffic it was impossible to fully test the difference. However, I got to take one sharp running curve and a couple 90* corners. My initial impression is improved handling that is not nearily as "squishy" as before. (a technical term used by select novice XLR owners) However, the real test will come trying to keep up with Cubby and Gizmo and the rest of you XLR V racers!

Looking forward to Spring!

Steve

Steve,

You know white cars aren't as fast as red or black cars!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hope to see you soon, maybe Sebring again!! Have a great Christmas and New Year.

...... However, the real test will come trying to keep up with Cubby and Gizmo and the rest of you XLR V racers!

Looking forward to Spring!

Steve

You talked me into it, just ordered the parts

Ordered from GMpartsdirect.com
Total price with freight was $174.93
It will be interesting to see how the order goes.
Thanks to all for the part numbers and input for this change, I fully appreciate your efforts.:)

Ordered from GMpartsdirect.com
Total price with freight was $174.93
It will be interesting to see how the order goes.
Thanks to all for the part numbers and input for this change, I fully appreciate your efforts.:)

You should not have any problems with them I ordered front shocks from them last summer at almost half the price as the dealer cost and they came in jiffy! :rocker:
Caddman Dan

You should not have any problems with them I ordered front shocks from them last summer at almost half the price as the dealer cost and they came in jiffy! :rocker:
Caddman Dan

Same here, Steve - I've purchased several parts from them. They are good folks.

curious about shock costs from old Grand Daddy

Just being nosy, I've heard the shocks for the XLR are really expensive.

What kind of money did those set you back if you don't mind my asking.:blinzel:

Just being nosy, I've heard the shocks for the XLR are really expensive.

What kind of money did those set you back if you don't mind my asking.:blinzel:

Steve
Quite the salty bugger they where dealer Cost was $1020.00 ea.
Shooting number from memory I'm believed it was $1045.00 for the pair 522.50
ea. about half the cost and it was Free Shipping!

Sorry about that, I didn't mean to leave any color out:

Steve,

You know white & silver cars aren't as fast as red or black cars!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hope to see you soon, maybe Sebring again!! Have a great Christmas and New Year.

Is that the right statement?? :laugh::laugh:

GOOD ONE CUBBY But you forgot to ad Silver too! :chuckle :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry about that, I didn't mean to leave any color out:

Steve,

You know white & silver cars aren't as fast as red or black cars!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Is that the right statement?? :laugh::laugh:
:pat: GEE Cubby! You know I should have known that, But thx for letting me in on that little secert too!!............ LOL's :laugh:
Caddyman Dan :lol:

Just to throw my two cents on the sway bar upgrade. I also replaced my sway bar but wasn't sold on the v upgrade. I went through GM parts direct. Then went into I believe c6 performance and got myself z06 front and back sway bars for 250.00. The stock rear measures like 17 mm. The z06 is 26 mm. It really tightened the car up in cornering obviously and as far as I can tell didn't mess with the luxury of the ride. Happy cornering!

Parts on order from GM parts direct since April 25th

Well, so far no luck with GM parts direct, I ordered on 4.25.12. No reply as to when they are going to come in, so these might just be hard get get now darn it.
Any other suggestions? So far, I can't get them to even respond to my e-mails:dunno:

Parts came in today

Now we'll put them on this weekend and see what it does. I cheated and purchased a 4 post lift a couple of months ago, should have bought one a long time ago.
That should make it really easy!

Update on Rear Swaybar parts list 04 to 09

Just added the XLR-V Swaybar. I recognized that two part numbers changed (link and clamp)!

Here the updated GM parts list:

1x Shaft 15806422
2x Link 20822934
2x Clamp 25933429
2x Insulator 10317560
2x Bolt 11515775
4x Nut 11516078

I ordered it at gmpartsdirect.com - Total cost $174.50

Have fun with your XLR:)

Pete

Thanks for the part number update. :cool:

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Great performance upgrade!

Your welcome... Did you see the new pics in my garage??

Pete:lol:

Indeed I did.....your car looks great and I love the look of the sway bar. :cool:

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Steve,

You know white cars aren't as fast as red or black cars!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ahh, the dreaded light refraction coefficient!...well, I'll just add a few window stickers to add horsepower!

Pete
Is your interior silver also? I didn't know they had made silver interior, My Roxy 05 XLR is the silver also, but interior is Tan / Beige! LOOKS NICE. May venture into a swaybar some time also in the future can you notice a big difference?

THX for sharing Dan :wave:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back