Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

San Antonio, Texas "Blue Bunny" Rally May 20--May 23, 2009

Hey..... we have some VERY cool member's from Florida! And we want MORE don't we? ..... I don't want this forum to become like the other one where banning takes place for whatever reason and that isn't truly offensive, or demeaning, or isn't here for the right reasons....... our cars and our friendships should always come first .... :rocker: personal feelings are secondary .... I trust Rob to keep us in line ...... and I imagine we are giving him quite a headache right now. Sorry, Rob ..... I am done and off of MY soapbox .....

Your right.............I got caught up in the moment............like everyone else, my apologies to most of the Floridians.
Hey..... we have some VERY cool member's from Florida! And we want MORE don't we? ..... I don't want this forum to become like the other one where banning takes place for whatever reason and that isn't truly offensive, or demeaning, or isn't here for the right reasons....... our cars and our friendships should always come first .... :rocker: personal feelings are secondary .... I trust Rob to keep us in line ...... and I imagine we are giving him quite a headache right now. Sorry, Rob ..... I am done and off of MY soapbox .....

Not really.

I've been monitoring this thread and haven't felt the need to step in thus far.

I don't usually condone the bashing of other forums, as other online communities all have their own unique personalities, or flavors if you will. The gripes that many of you have voiced here I think are legitimate gripes. I don't see it as bashing, but rather voicing opinions without a ton of name calling and false accusations.

The only thing I would add to this discussion is to keep in mind that the XLR Forum is owned by a business that owns a conglomerate of other online forums. Other than the company reps that are Administrators there, my guess is that the rest of the Administration that does not work for the company is under the thumb of the company regardless. That's my uneducated guess.

Since that company owns the XLR Forum their members are under the rules and obligations of that company. Their vision or business model is probably to make money first, any way possible, and worry about the needs of the members second. There's nothing wrong with that if that's how they want to run their forums. You as members have a choice as to whether or not you wish to partake in that community. So as sad as the situation may be with the changes that site has made, you are all free to move on if you wish. Which...is what you've done. :)

I tend to run my forums differently. Making money is all well and good...but I'm a car enthusiast first and foremost. I love owning and operating this site and my Corvette sites, and as long as the sites pay for themselves in terms of the operational costs, I'm pretty happy.

Last but not least, the number one lesson to learn in running online communities: the forum software is nothing but the frame. It's the members that make up the walls and the home. Without the members, there is no home. :)

Not really.

I don't usually condone the bashing of other forums, as other online communities all have their own unique personalities, or flavors if you will. The gripes that many of you have voiced here I think are legitimate gripes. I don't see it as bashing, but rather voicing opinions without a ton of name calling and false accusations.

The only thing I would add to this discussion is to keep in mind that the XLR Forum is owned by a business that owns a conglomerate of other online forums. Other than the company reps that are Administrators there, my guess is that the rest of the Administration that does not work for the company is under the thumb of the company regardless. That's my uneducated guess.

Since that company owns the XLR Forum their members are under the rules and obligations of that company. Their vision or business model is probably to make money first, any way possible, and worry about the needs of the members second. There's nothing wrong with that if that's how they want to run their forums. You as members have a choice as to whether or not you wish to partake in that community. So as sad as the situation may be with the changes that site has made, you are all free to move on if you wish. Which...is what you've done. :)

I tend to run my forums differently. Making money is all well and good...but I'm a car enthusiast first and foremost. I love owning and operating this site and my Corvette sites, and as long as the sites pay for themselves in terms of the operational costs, I'm pretty happy.

Last but not least, the number one lesson to learn in running online communities: the forum software is nothing but the frame. It's the members that make up the walls and the home. Without the members, there is no home. :)

Guess there's nothing more to say... Rob's last paragraph pretty much says it ALL:rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:
And, as Minnie Pearl would say, "I'm just so glad to be here!!!":love::love::love:

Last but not least, the number one lesson to learn in running online communities: the forum software is nothing but the frame. It's the members that make up the walls and the home. Without the members, there is no home. :)[/quote]

Well spoken!
Kathy

I'm sorry too for starting (and continuing) the ruckus over here... But then again, can't you just feel the LOVE...:chuckle:chuckle:rolleyes:
Life is too short for petty things, expecially among friends:wave::wave::love::love:
MT no need to apologize. You weren't starting or continuing a ruckus over here. You were letting us know what was said. You were sticking up for us over there that can't. No apology needed. Thanks for having our backs. :blinzel:

Not really.

Thank you Rob and well said. I have said this before and I know I will say it over and over again. You have a wonderful site. Thank you for running this forums with the members in consideration. I know we can get a little crazy once in awhile amongst us but you have to love us. Just think you are part of this crazy little family we have. We are happy with you Rob.
On another note Rob are you going to be able to join the rest of us in San Antonio? We would love to have you.
Again thanks Rob. You are a great site administrator. Your the best. :blinzel::blinzel:

Thank you Rob and well said. I have said this before and I know I will say it over and over again. You have a wonderful site. Thank you running this forums with the members in consideration. I know we can get a little crazy once in awhile amongst us but you have to love us. Just think you are part of this crazy little family we have. We are happy with you Rob.
On another note Rob are you going to be able to join the rest of us in San Antonio? We would love to have you.
Again thanks Rob. You are a great site administrator. Your the best. :blinzel::blinzel:

Indeed! Well said! WE LOVE YOU, MAN!!!:rocker: Thanks for not censoring us and not kicking us off! We're glad you're a car enthusiast (and an overall great guy) - it would be great if you could meet us in San Antonio!!!!!!!! Come on, Rob!!!!:blinzel:

Great places to eat in San Antonio

I've just been checking out restaurants in San Antonio. So many great places to eat (I may have to wear my "fat" pants!) :laugh::laugh:

San Antonio Attendee List - again

Great save, Kathy .... let's get back on track!

Again .... here is the latest roster for San Antonio ....

Yes .... so many restaurants .... so little time!

Those names that are in bold are commited attendees.....

1. Henry & Pat Bauley - Professor and his wife --- Lynn Haven, FL - HILTON
2. Ruth Ann & Ray Yurgelon - Lola's Mom and Detail Guy --- Santee, CA - HILTON
3. Bobby Blackman & Jaimie - Standby & daughter, Jaimie --- Aliso Viejo, CA - HILTON
4. Rich Nagle - Homegameroom --- N. Royalton, OH
5. JP & Joanne Lalonde - SilverX and his wife --- Las Vegas, NV - HILTON
6. Kevin & Marion Grady - Cubby558 & The Little Woman --- Bourbonnis, IL - HAMPTON
7. Bruce & Kathy Ashpaugh - Cadillac Tech & Photo Girl --- Cicero, IN - HAMPTON
8. Robert Barnes - First Robin - Colorado - HILTON
9. Kent Ailes -JetboyPhx --- Phoenix, AZ - HILTON
10. Floyd & Maryann Bingel - XLRLover & Southern V --- Spring Hill, FL
11. Marc & Kris Toffolo - Toffolo1 and Missy Bling - IN
12. Bruce and Tracy Papp - b-Pappy and wife --- CA
13. Stephen Pennington - Windrestrictor --- TX
14. Jim & Adelle - Rufcar & wife - PA
15. Cathy & Dave - Quinn & husband
16. Pam Bakowsi & Joe- Dallasdoll - TX - - HILTON
17. Bob & Gayle Walker - bobw --- Gastonia, NC - HAMPTON
18. Bill & Maryjo Manes - Ocool & wife --- Orlando, FL
19. Dave and Ann Ferruci --- Palm Coast, FL
20. George & Jenny Ray --- Moultrie , GA
21. Maurice & Linda Tipton - Tip & wife --- Roanoke Rapids, NC
22. Chad & Rogene Lowery --- Popbigguy & wife --- Lincoln, NE - HILTON
23. Fred & Ingrid Ledferd --- Speedway & wife ---Tucson, AZ - HILTON
24. Jim & Fran Hill -- Crown Point,IN
25. George - IndyXLRVGuy - Indiana
26. Jim & Jean Stokes - Jamsto & One Blue Bunny - Corrales, NM (2 cars!) - HILTON
27. Dale & Mary - xlr05 - Waterloo, IA
28. Rod & Cindy - mtrocket - Billings, MT
29. Mr & Mrs Ben Hoffman - XLR28 - Omaha, NE !! Maybe ....
30. Linda Castle - Linsue - Wilmington, IL .... Maybe, maybe, maybe!!

Great quote from the Admin..! :)

SilverX

Last but not least, the number one lesson to learn in running online communities: the forum software is nothing but the frame. It's the members that make up the walls and the home. Without the members, there is no home.

Cubby,

I have done that road with a C6 Corvette and my rib cage was sore..! :lol:

Great ride.

SilverX

If you come to the Ashville Event--I'll show you Deal's Gap. We are palnning on going down on the Harley. Route 129 start in arond Maryvile, TN and continues south into NC. all through the Smokey Mountains. There is an eleven mile stretch with 318 curves before you end up at Deal's Gap. This stretch of road is known as 'The Tail of The Dragon' (I think you are still in TN at that point, but the road is still twisty going into NC) We go down to that area, as my folks lived there for awhile--truely beautiful country!!!! If you check my album an the site there is a picture of me riding 'The Dragon'.

Watch it Jean and MT you two may end up being number 5 and 6 for the week. :laugh::laugh::chuckle:chuckle:laugh::laugh:;)

Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could care less if I get band, from over there that is, hey, I'm just lucky that I'm on here and VERY GRATEFUL that I can be on this forum! :worship: Right now I don't have much time for anything besides learning my new MacBook Pro and learning how to work with both Apple and windows both on this one, and my new embroidery machine and trying to learn WAY TOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH stuff at one time. :confused::dunno::confused::dunno::confused::dunno::ugh::ugh::squint::laugh::lol::reddevil:chuckle

Oh yes, I got the second order for shirts for RIV. :rocker:

Why isn't Homegameroom-aka Homegrown in Bold. I was certain Rich said he was going to RIVerwalk. How about it Rich, have you committed yet?

Great save, Kathy .... let's get back on track!

Again .... here is the latest roster for San Antonio ....

Yes .... so many restaurants .... so little time!

Those names that are in bold are commited attendees.....

1. Henry & Pat Bauley - Professor and his wife --- Lynn Haven, FL
2. Ruth Ann & Ray Yurgelon - Lola's Mom and Detail Guy --- Santee, CA
3. Bobby Blackman & Jaimie - Standby & daughter, Jaimie --- Aliso Viejo, CA
4. Rich Nagle - Homegameroom --- N. Royalton, OH
5. JP & Joanne Lalonde - SilverX and his wife --- Las Vegas, NV
6. Kevin & Marion Grady - Cubby558 & The Little Woman --- Bourbonnis, IL
7. Bruce & Kathy Ashpaugh - Cadillac Tech & Photo Girl --- Cicero, IN
8. Robert Barnes - First Robin - Colorado
9. Kent Ailes -JetboyPhx --- Phoenix, AZ
10. Floyd & Maryann Bingel - XLRLover & Southern V --- Spring Hill, FL
11. Marc & Kris Toffolo - Toffolo1 and Missy Bling - IN
12. Bruce and Tracy Papp - b-Pappy and wife --- CA
13. Stephen Pennington - Windrestrictor --- TX
14. Jim & Adelle - Rufcar & wife - PA
15. Cathy & Dave - Quinn & husband
16. Pam Bakowsi & Husband - Dallasdoll - TX
17. Bob & Gayle Walker - bobw & wife --- Gastonia, NC
18. Bill & Maryjo Manes - Ocool & wife --- Orlando, FL
19. Dave and Ann Ferruci --- Palm Coast, FL
20. George & Jenny Ray --- Moultrie , GA
21. Maurice & Linda Tipton - Tip & wife --- Roanoke Rapids, NC
22. Chad & Rogene Lowery --- Popbigguy & wife --- Lincoln, NE
23. Fred & Ingrid Ledferd --- Speedway & wife ---Tucson, AZ
24. Jim & Fran Hill -- Crown Point,IN
25. George - IndyXLRVGuy - Indiana
26. Jim & Jean Stokes - Jamsto & One Blue Bunny - Corrales, NM (2 cars!)
27. Dale & Mary - xlr05 - Waterloo, IA
28. Rod & Cindy - mtrocket - Billings, MT
29. Mr & Mrs Ben Hoffman - XLR28 - Omaha, NE !! Maybe ....

You can't juggle while driving to SA:chuckle:chuckle Talked to Bruce this morning--are you at least coming to Indy next weekend?? We'll probably stay where we stayed last time--try and get the right hotel this time.:laugh::laugh:

I'd sure like to go - I just haven't pulled the trigger yet. I'm juggling quite a few things now, and May is still a few months away.

MT no need to apologize. You weren't starting or continuing a ruckus over here. You were letting us know what was said. You were sticking up for us over there that can't. No apology needed. Thanks for having our backs. :blinzel:

Thanks... haven't heard anything from Jerry since.

I'd sure like to go - I just haven't pulled the trigger yet. I'm juggling quite a few things now, and May is still a few months away.
I can drive Misty for you so you can sit in the passangers seat and juggle. Pull the trigger. It won't be the same with out you. :chuckle:chuckle:D

Rich .... there is no way we will ever let up on you .... you're way too much a part of the Rendezvous' ..... :love:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom