Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Funfest 2011 (Bobfest)

Devin and I made it home just fine - a little wet driving, but I'm perfectly fine with that - as long as we had perfect weather for Funfest and Bobfest... which is was!

THANK YOU soooo much, Bob and Paula, for everything you did for us and for allowing us to "invade" your homes and feed us (with terrific BBQ, trimmings, HOMEMADE ice cream, etc....). You two really know how to throw THE PARTY OF THE YEAR! You asked what we want next year? ... I think what you two are doing is perfect. We don't need a lot, for our group - just a place to hang out, visit, tell stories, meet new friends, catch up with old friends. It was really nice of Mike Yager, owner of Mid America Motorworks, to stop by the XLR's and welcome us to Funfest, personally.

We really had a great, great time. Looking forward to MORE people joining us next year. :rocker:

Thanks again, Bob and Paula, for the wonderful memories we now have.

To echo the comments, THANK YOU to Bob and Paula for another great weekend! What a blast! GREAT food, GREAT music, GREAT friends and GREAT cars!!!

Thank you to Cubby & Marion for dinner on Friday night as well!

And, as always, thanks to Bruce & Kathy for everything you do as well as the dash plaques and for bringing some of Diane's artwork for purchase!

One of the interesting people we met at Mid America's FunFest was the gentleman who took the first XLR out of the plant on his car carrier and also took the last one off of the lot at Bowling Green! Wil Cooksey stopped by to say hello and so did Mike Yager from MAMW. Maybe he'll put a picture or 2 of our XLR's in his annual yearbook at Gizmo's suggestion....

I arrived home safe and sound. Hit a little rain from when I left until just a little east of Chicago, but sunny skies and warm in Cleveland (for a change!!).

THANKS AGAIN to EVERYONE for a GREAT WEEKEND!!!!!!!!! See you in Atlanta!!!!!

Home again, home again, jiggidyjig

Steve & I arrived home about 1 hour ago. Un-eventful drive home except for meeting Rich at a rest stop: he was leaving as we drove in! We never did manage to catch up to him again.....:chuckle

Thanks to everyone for welcoming us as part of the group: especially to Bob & Paula (we can't thank them enough) for hosting us all. We left earlier that we wanted last night, I could not keep my eyes open and I slept like a rock.

We put on just 13 miles shy of 1500 miles on this trip and the car ran flawlessly: best decision I ever made, purshasing that XLR! :worship:

Until we meet again, drive safe! ;)

Trying to post pictures NOT as thumbnails

How do I post pictures that don't end up as thumbnails?

I missed everyone at Bobfest. Wish we could have made it but I had to work this weekend. Sounds like another great time. We sure had fun on the last one we went to.

Home Sweet Home. (I waited a couple hours before posting so Rich wouldn't be jealous:chuckle).
PJ and I want to also repeat our gratitude to our hosts Bob and Paula for allowing us into their homes and you guy put on One Hell Of A Party. Even got me dancing in the dark (or was that dancing with the devil by the pale moonlight, I don't remember, but I didn't fall down:naughty:.)
Thanks Kevin for dinner on Friday.
Thanks Bruce and Kathy for bringing the Tech2 and doing the photo coverage.
Thanks to everyone who attended for the camaraderie. I did my best Thursday to scare off GrayToad but she kept coming back and got revenge on me by posting my likeness beside the wiener mobile in my visitor messages where I can't delete it:eek: (you fit right in around here:blinzel:).

THANKS AGAIN to EVERYONE for a GREAT WEEKEND!!!!!!!!! See you in Atlanta, I hope, I hope, I hope - God willing and the creek don't rise.:rocker:

OBTW, the trunk was twice as full when we got home as compared to when we left. 5AM did some serious shopping on the way home. So now I'm finally relaxing in front of the computer, finishing off the Daiquiris she made yesterday, and feeling good!

Thank you to Bob and Paula. As usual you went overboard for the group. The hospitality of the two of you is awesome. Cuby and Marion thank you for dinner on Friday. And thanks to whoever got breakfast yesterday. Until we all meet again. RA and LinSue always nice to see you two again.:wave:

Sandy,

The best way to post your full size photos is to use a hosting site like Photobucket, etc. and then you will copy the link and post it to the forum. I'll try and work up some instructions for doing it and post later.

It was great meeting you & Steve at Bobfest. Hope it was more than you expected!!

How do I post pictures that don't end up as thumbnails?

Bob & Paula - Thanks for everything. We had a great time as usual!

Cubby & Marion - Thanks for Dinner Friday Night.

Bruce & Kathy - Thanks for the DVD - we enjoyed it.

It was nice seeing our old friends again and making new ones.

Until the next time.

T&K

Thanks so much to Bob and Paula for hosting such a great gathering. David and I had so much fun seeing all of you guys! We've said it more than once, that we seem to make more of an effort to see you XLR folks than we do some of our friends who live 20 miles away! Guess you guys are just cooler than our Sconnie friends :rocker:

We will see some of you in Atlanta in a couple of weeks - can't wait!

~Quinn & DD

Wonderful Weekend!!!

Thanks Bob & Paula, for all of the hard work you put into making BobFest 2011 so much fun! It is The Party of the Summer! Hopefully many more of you can join the group next year @ FunFest/BobFest (we are already registered for FunFest 2012).
It was great meeting Sandy & Steve and seeing old friends. Our friends John & Sharon really enjoyed meeting you guys & said to tell you all thanks for making them feel welcomed.The weekend sure went by fast.:)

Diane & I made it to our hotel in St. Louis. Bob & Paula we had a great time, thank you for your generous hospitality!!!!!

Steve, it was good to see you & Diane again (3rd time this year!). Thanks for making the drive from TX.:wave:

Thumbnails it is then, too much work otherwise :chuckle

First pick is rolling out from Bobs on saturday morning
Shortly after we arrived
Gizmo once again caught on camera
Bob accepting the Special Edition: One of One Bobfest plaque
Mike Yager (owner MAM) stopped by for a visit, I got him to pose with an XLR plaque (photogirl took a group shot after)
Photo Girl Chillin in the Big Chair!

more pics

The Gangs All Here!....... A fabulous line up!
Supa & Lola's Mom sharing the Big Chair.
Me taking a bite outa the big one!

We had a great time as well. Thanks to Bob and Paula for their genuine hospitality. Thanks also to all who take time to contribute to making this all happen.

We came up on a black XLR in the rain on the way home. thought for sure it was Gizmo & PJ but just a stranger.

Dave& Diana :grouphug:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back