Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tire recommendation?

Hi there,

I have a 2005 and it looks like it's time for new tires. I live in Maine so we get to drive it from about April through October and garage it in the winter. Should I bother with an all season? What about run flats? Is there a good balance between performance and comfort. Can you do all my research for me? 😁
    I love this beast and I'm looking forward to getting it out on the road this summer.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Tire recommendation? rexster314's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Base Infrared

Lots of people here have replaced the run flats with regular tires and keep a can of leak fix in the cubby compartment and/or a small compressor. Run flats tend to ride harsher just because of their design. It's a trade off

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Infrared XLR (Beauty); 2008 GT500 (Beast); 2007 Black XLR-V (Victor)

Put Bridgestone DriveGuard runflats on mine. With the magnetic ride control shocks, I havenít noticed any difference in ride.

On the other hand, taking the runflats off my ATS - which has much lower profile tires, no MRC, & a super stiff ride - made a huge difference for the better. With the XLR, especially a base, I donít think youíll see much of an effect.

yep, I drive a hybrid - a V8 bred for high speed!

2006 Infrared XLR
    Corsa exhaust
    XLR-V sway bar
    Powder coated calipers
    Drilled & slotted rotors
    Custom engine cover
    Custom hood & trunk liner
    Zaino polish