Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: CONVERTIBLE TOP

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Question CONVERTIBLE TOP

Is it possible to stop the top in a position where the rear window can have tint film replaced easily??

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Base Infrared

Yes, I did that. It will start folding in on itself however. My installer laid the film on the outside of the rear window, trimmed it to size, then I folded the top down halfway and he quickly installed the film inside. If you stop the roof on going down, finish that cycle. Likewise, if the top was going up and you stopped it halfway, finish that cycle.

3. Likes long Tall Sally, XFireXLR liked this post
    Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Thank you rexter314!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

'09 Platinum #787

Sorry about tagging on to this thread, but I haven't figured out how to start a thread. Looking at buying an '09 xlr. Top retracts smoothly. When top is put back up it clunks as it closes. Any ideas??????

Steve...........................

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Red XLR / 2007 XLR-V

Quote Originally Posted by rheavn View Post
    Sorry about tagging on to this thread, but I haven't figured out how to start a thread. Looking at buying an '09 xlr. Top retracts smoothly. When top is put back up it clunks as it closes. Any ideas??????

Steve...........................
    Steve, I don't know what you mean by a clunk when it closes but mine makes a thud kind of a noise. It's just the weight of the top coming down on the top of the windshield locking into place.
    John F.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

'09 Platinum #787

John F
    Thank you for your reply. Very Helpful!!! I had a friend inspect the car before I drive to see it and he was concerned with the noise. I now have an idea of why it would make a noise when I inspect it.