Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Tail Lights

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 Black Excaliber

Default Tail Lights

Could someone tell me how to take a tail light apart? I e heard that chemical release release agent was used. If so anyone know what it is ?
    Last edited by PLH; 09-07-2019 at 05:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 XLR Black Raven

The person that took mine apart had 2 guys and a heat gun and carefully pulled it apart . I couldn't watch

Quote Originally Posted by PLH View Post
    Could someone tell me how to take a tail light apart? I e heard that chemical release release agent was used. If so anyone know what it is ?

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 Black Excaliber

Wow, there might be different ways on getting these apart. The is a guy on here, Long Tall Sally, I think he has some experience. Think I will email him
    Thanks

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2008 xlr White

yeah at present pretty much heat and the proper amount. The long thin area is a real problem as it has micro cracks usually In the material. I know of a company that uses chemical release but they are not sharing info as they do tons of super expensive lights . As soon as we figure out a good release I will be more than happy to share as the parts to repair or available