Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default music still plays after car is off

I'm having a problem with my battery running down. I shut my car off and open the door, the the radio/touch screen goes out, but the radio still plays. Eventually the radio will turn off, but the next day my battery will be dead. I have already replaced the battery. This all seemed to start when a diagnostic reader was connected.

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2013 Graphite Metallic XTS Platinum

This could be an issue related to the RAP (Retained Accessory Power) circuit.

Under normal conditions, certain power functions are disabled after a ten-minute delay when the ignition is turned off. As you know, the radio should turn off when the door is opened after the ignition is turned off. The RAP is controlled via the Class 2 data circuit (present on your Data Link Connector) by what's called a Power Mode Master setting. The Body Control Module is usually suspect with a RAP fault if the door switches are working correctly.

Since you mentioned this started after connecting some kind of diagnostic reader to the DLC, the Class 2 lines may have been affected.

To troubleshoot, you'll need a Tech 2 scan tool connected to the DLC to observe door switch status and Power Mode status. If the door switches are good, the BCM is usually the culprit. Luckily, they're cheap and plentiful (as well as easy to replace.)

If you don't have access to a Tech 2 (or comparable scan tool) you'll need to have a dealer or equipped shop perform the diagnostics.

CC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ccclarke View Post
    This could be an issue related to the RAP (Retained Accessory Power) circuit.

Under normal conditions, certain power functions are disabled after a ten-minute delay when the ignition is turned off. As you know, the radio should turn off when the door is opened after the ignition is turned off. The RAP is controlled via the Class 2 data circuit (present on your Data Link Connector) by what's called a Power Mode Master setting. The Body Control Module is usually suspect with a RAP fault if the door switches are working correctly.

Since you mentioned this started after connecting some kind of diagnostic reader to the DLC, the Class 2 lines may have been affected.

To troubleshoot, you'll need a Tech 2 scan tool connected to the DLC to observe door switch status and Power Mode status. If the door switches are good, the BCM is usually the culprit. Luckily, they're cheap and plentiful (as well as easy to replace.)

If you don't have access to a Tech 2 (or comparable scan tool) you'll need to have a dealer or equipped shop perform the diagnostics.

CC
    Thanks! I will check it out. It seems like if I disconnect the battery for awhile, it resets.