Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Maroon XLR

Default Stability Control issues

I keep getting StabilityTrack Needs Service on the DIC an when I check the DTC I get U1000 "Class 2 data link", U2100 "CAN Bus communications, C0196 Symptom 09 "Yaw Rate Circuit rate of change above threshold". I clear them and they come back at all odd times. Today it came back as soon as I started the car and put it in gear. I have ordered a Yaw electronic module (believe its located behind the A/C controls). Is there anything that I need to do other than replace it (any programming or coding that I need to be aware of, I have a Tech2).

My VCIM also will not communicate and I have no OnStar. I checked the fuse and all connections on the OnStar module. Everything appears good. I purchased a used one off eBay and will install it when it comes in. Hoping it might also address the U1000 Class 2 DTC messages.
    Last edited by mbrund; 05-09-2018 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Added additional VCIM and C0196 msg

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2009 XLR Platinum Silver

Since you previously stated your car had a rear end collision I would dig into that repaired area and look everything over very closely to make sure all the electronics and suspension components in that area are undamaged and grounded well. Dont forget to look inside the trunk area too, especially the well in the left rear that holds all the ride and top control modules.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

'16 Z06, "06 XLR-V Infra Red-Sold, RII, RIII & RIV survivor, Mdwst Maurader

Cubby558

"If you want to blend in, Ride the Bus"