Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Default Tire Pressure Sensors

I'm going to get some new rims. and want to have new tire pressure sensors installed when they remount the tires. Where can I get the GOOD ONES, and at what cost??

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 silver XLR

Steve

On eBay for about $50 each +-, careful for the shipping costs, eBay are pros in getting the money from you.

On Aliexpress the price are a bit less, but some seller will offer free shipping or reasonable costs.

Quality is Asian and that is what all our cars are mostly equipped with now. ( a shame )

IAN

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 V, Raven Black with Shale interior

What about these at Rock Auto ? States no reprogramming required and is OEM. A bit more at 60 bucks, but I think maybe less hassle overall.

More Information for ACDELCO 25758220

Bill

Tire  Pressure Sensors rexster314's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Base Infrared

The sensors themselves aren't programmed. They're like miniature radios that send out a specific signal. It's up to you or the tire company to pair the new sensors to the module in the car. I have the tool that cost me around 35$ on Amazon. And good for just about all GM cars using tpms

5. Likes long Tall Sally liked this post
    Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2008 xlr White

Rexter the tool is worth the money, I agree.
    You can find a way to pump them all up, let the air out of one and then set the dash light. there are dozens of write ups that tell you how. It just takes time but to me a tool is easier and most will tell you battery life

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Rexter,
    Would you be so kind as to give me the specifics about the so called tool at Amazon? Name of tool , part number,brand or what ever I need to get one there? That would be nice!
    Thanks,
    Steve

Tire  Pressure Sensors rexster314's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Base Infrared

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A3UNYW8...8&linkCode=asn

Is the one I bought, but it has gone up considerably since I bought mine in 2016

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2008 xlr White

her it is on ebay for less than 15 without the kent moore name . I did not look but most likely they have the same one from someone in t he USA for 8-10$ more

EL-50448 Tire Pressure Monitor Sensor Reset EL50448 TPMS Activation Tool OEC-T5 | eBay

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 xlr

That tool is $9.98 on ebay. I don't have a link but here is the listing number.
    eBay item number:192872735799

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2008 xlr White

that one is in the USA. funny thing for 10$ the guy has to pay ebay 1$, paypal 60 cents shipping 3.50$ that's 5.10 out of his 10$. That means he had to buy it for under 4.50 to make anything on the sale. There is not a company in the USA that would make this for 4.50$ but yet they can do it in China. Never can understand that.