Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 Red Jewel XLR

Quote Originally Posted by standby-V View Post
    I would think this has something to do with the accident before you made the car whole again.
    It had been working just fine most of last year... it just started doing this about the last month of driving it before winter storage. Wierd stuff, huh???
    Rod
    aka mt

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 Red Jewel XLR

OK now this is getting wierd... In the morning, after the car has been sitting all night, the door opens just fine. But after I've driven it, I can't get in using the outside button... have to get in the passenger side and use the interior button to open the driver's door.
    Rod
    aka mt

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 Lt. Platinum & 2006 Lt. Platinum XLR-V

Rod, was anyone killed in the accident of your car, cause it might be a ghost.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtrocket View Post
    It had been working just fine most of last year... it just started doing this about the last month of driving it before winter storage. Wierd stuff, huh???
    DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT
    Standby( Ichiban BB)

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 Red Jewel XLR

Quote Originally Posted by standby-V View Post
    Rod, was anyone killed in the accident of your car, cause it might be a ghost.
    Not that I'm aware of... if I do have a resident ghost, I was rather hoping he (or she) would be happy I saved the car from the scrap pile, but maybe the ghost is thinking "if I can't have it, it will cost the new owner dearly???"

Guess I'll deal with the minor glitches until I get to Colorado Springs...
    Rod
    aka mt

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 Red Jewel XLR

Just thought I'd post an update... the driver's door finally quit opening from both outside & inside... replaced the driver's door window regulator, which has the DDR built into it. Although after replacement, I couldn't figure out why the window wouldn't operate fully up... was operating it with the door open. I operated it once fully up & down with the door closed and now everything works like new. Noland Cadillac told me this needed to be replaced and sometime the door will quit opening at all... the only thing is, the tech told me the DDM would have to be reprogrammed; I did no reprogramming whatsoever - just installed and everything works.
    Rod
    aka mt

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Platinum/Ebony,2011DTS,Platinum Edition White Diamond.

Just thought I'd post an update... the driver's door finally quit opening from both outside & inside... replaced the driver's door window regulator, which has the DDR built into it. Although after replacement, I couldn't figure out why the window wouldn't operate fully up... was operating it with the door open. I operated it once fully up & down with the door closed and now everything works like new. Noland Cadillac told me this needed to be replaced and sometime the door will quit opening at all... the only thing is, the tech told me the DDM would have to be reprogrammed; I did no reprogramming whatsoever - just installed and everything works.
    Happy to hear you got the problem fixed and all is well now.
    Robert (BB)

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2008 Alpine Edition XLR

Default Driver's side door

So I noticed yesterday that my driver side door was acting funky. Well today it locked me out, was glad I got home without kicking in the side of the car! I swapped out the pressure pad form the passenger side and still no go.

I can hear the striker trying to do something. Is this a problem with the striker inside the body or the window regulator in the door?

As an update from a few years ago............I put a full Corsa exhaust on my car and it has an ok sound. But it was prone to backfiring under hard acceleration from 1st to 2nd and sometimes 2nd to 3rd. I've lived with this for maybe 2 years. I wanted to put an intake kit on it but was disappointed that Volant said it wouldn't work on my 08.
    After looking and reading I decided to buy one anyway. I figured if it threw a code I would just take it off and throw it in the trash.
    I ended up cutting a good 4 inches off the end of the Volant plastic y and mounting it directly to the Mass Air Sensor. So it's all stock from the sensor back, retaining the OE air plenum.
    What I noticed right away was no lean mis-fire between gears! The car now pulls clean to redline with no embarrassing pops between gears. And it has a nice intake growl to go with the exhaust tone. Something that I've wanted since I put the exhaust on.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

1G6YV34A44560940

I have the same problem, with the inside door switch

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 infred red xlr-v

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph M. ChAMPION View Post
    I have the same problem, with the inside door switch
    Charge your battery and see if that fixes it.
    2006 Infra Red XLR-V
    2005 Mag Red Corvette Coupe
    2006 DTS
    2008 SRX 4 NStar

Driver door not opening Mark0polo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 Raven Black XLR-V

I had to replace driver door actuator last fall, only manual door release would open the door. Dealer had the part, about $300 to fix.
    The world is run by those who show up!

Driver door not opening
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 Crimson Pearl XLR

Joseph--I recently had an issue that started out the same. I could not get in from the Drivers side, and everything on the panel on the Drivers side-the windows, mirrors, locks would only work when the door was open, not closed. Had codes pulled and there were so many different codes that signs pointed to maybe an ECU. I bit the bullet and took it into the shop. I had never heard of what he said- What it ended up being was exposed wires that were contacting the car. The wires that were frayed were inside the drives panel or maybe as they pass through the door into the dash. If this sounds like any of the other symptoms you are having, let me know and I will swing by and talk to my mechanic and find out exactly where. BTW, it was $600, and that hurt, but I was thankful it wasn't the ECU. Good luck and let me know if I can help.